Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No question Both.

I would like to see the loading and tweaking book first as there is not as much information on that that is current.

I would like it to be part myth busting, then best bang for your buck on accuracy improvements then reloading and trouble shooting.

Just one example is all the variations in rifling currently available, I will never shoot enough to make any viable conclusions on the virtues of polygonal vs 5R vs 5C vs ratchet vs gain twist etc.

Optics will always need updating especially the individual reviews and comparisons and there have been improvements since the previous book. So I look forward to that as well. A special section on range finder developments would be helpful.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Mule Deer,

Of course, both at same time would be great!! If you plan to do both within a year, perfect!
I will buy both!

Regards

PH

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My vote goes for the handloading/troubleshooting book

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my vote goes to a new optics book.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This book will be far more technical in nature, and include information from more than one custom gunsmith. And unlike OBSESSIONS, which has relatively little info about ammunition, a big part of the book will be about all aspects of handloading.

Yes please! smile

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Optics articles are almost always superficial or just plain wrong, and gun fixit articles seldom go beyond cleaning and tightening screws, so both are sorely needed. Your previous book on optics is still the best thing available, so although I would like to see it updated, I will vote with the majority.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Probably a few chapters will be articles, but I already used a bunch of Rifle and Handloader articles in the book I published last year, OBSESSIONS OF A RIFLE LOONY--including the one on stock design and fit.

This book will be far more technical in nature, and include information from more than one custom gunsmith. And unlike OBSESSIONS, which has relatively little info about ammunition, a big part of the book will be about all aspects of handloading.

John,

If I have to wait for the next optics book, how about in troubleshooting including your approach to the rifle that shoots two groups and the rifle that consistently shoots a flyer? Please and thank you...jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JB a book on reloading and trouble shooting would be my choice. Because unless you plan on devoting at least half of the optics book to kissing Leupold's azz, the locals here on the fire will crucify you. Just sayin...

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rifle troubleshooting and handloading please.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rifle troubleshooting and handloading please.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Rifle trouble shooting and handloading.

My pick too....

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars....
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16gage, 58 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,074
Posts18,501,513
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.