Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, he's learning QUICK! YOU OFFICIALLY SUCK!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I burned myself out while I was younger doing the work three jobs thing. I got two 220 grand houses paid off in five years but caused serious mental problems doing so. Now all I can think of is shooting, hunting.... and Africa. I will try and get a teaching job when I pull the pin. The ambulance service I work for is afraid I will work past 65. We loose 5% for every year we go before 65. I have been purchasing rifles before retirement so I don't need to work after, but it is really hard to think of being out of work.

jorge I am happy for you and the viking lady. Watch your topknot when she hears you think she is expensive smile
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, Randy! BTW can you expand on the 5% loss after 65? thanks!!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
You misread what he said.
It was if he went early, then he loses 5%.

"We loose 5% for every year we go before 65."

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
right you are Partsman.
Leave at 60 loose 25%
Leave at 55 loose 50%
65 looks like the charm.
I am hoping for two more years. My wife manages the bank, I manage to spend more than I should. She has been planning for retirement and so we will be OK, but the government pension will only be 2000 a month with another 1000 old age security. The deer in the back 80 acres will be a good source of protein. smile

Randy counting months

Last edited by medicman; 08/31/11.

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow!! That's really nice Jorge. That's one of the things on my wish list, same caliber too. If it wasn't for those pesky Africa trips I would already have one. grin

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, it did cost me about as much as one, so it was not an easy call to make, but I just had to have one

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Rifle's in the air inbound to Customs as we speak. Hopefully I'll have it at the end of next week.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just came across this thread.

What happened with your Sabatti Jorge? Did yours have the infamous "dremeled" crowns?? I was tempted to buy one myself, until I started reading the reports on AR.

I've fondled a Verney-Carron at DSC. Nice DR for sure, and think your choice of the 450 NE 3 1/4" is an excellent selection.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes it did, although it shot very well, I couldn't live with that. Got a full refund from Cabelas. The ones that dont have that issue are GREAT VALUE. British style all the way, well built and tight. I put over 200 rounds through it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jorge, I can understand and appreciate that line of thinking. Even though their DR's are inexpensive (relatively speaking), it's still a hunk of change to spend on a rifle that leaves questions and doubts...

That's unfortunate on Sabatti. Had they regulated the DR's properly (even if they had to charge a little more) they would undoubtedly have had difficulty keeping up with demand.

Look forward to seeing pictures of your new double. Are you going to stick with Hornady DGS and DGX bullets?

I personally have become enamored with the FP Solids. Need to work up a load for my Chapuis 9.3x74R with the 286gr. NF FP Solid!

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
There are a lot of good ones out there without the muzzle issues and I continue to recommend them just as long as you are looking out for that problem. I put a LOT of rounds through the Sabbati so I learned a lot about reloading for doubles. I have the factory specs from Hornady so I can duplicate via handloads. With the Sabbati, I managed to get the Woodleighs to shoot to POI. I have some DGX and Woodleighs on hand for load development and once I get through that, I'll probably try North Forks. It will all be up to the rifle and what she regulates with

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
jorgeI, if the DGX and DGS regulate for you, their performance[based on 4 animals] is awesome.

maddog

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The rifle comes regulated with those at my request and I think I'll probably stick with them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Guys, just got these in from Verney-Carron.
[Linked Image]

It is worth underlining that the side by side double action of the Atelier Verney-Carron has an exceptional design: instead of having a single hook between the barrels, as is common in the old and common designs, it has 3 parallel hooks which provide for an in line resistance to the opening efforts when a round is fired from either barrel.

The 3 parallel slots in which the 3 parallel hooks insert themselves can be seen on the above picture.

This break-action was designed by Paul Demas who had previously designed the Chapuis action which has 2 parallel hooks. When he designed the Azur with a 3rd parallel hook, Demas made the ultimate step forward: the design can be seen as perfect. No action can be stronger.

I consider the Verney-Carron Azur action with 3 hooks to be the finest design for double rifles. Definitely the type of action I would want on a double rifle for serious big game.

I look forward to the pictures that jorgeI will make and I hope he will include pictures of the hooks.

jorgeI congratulations for a superb and clever choice.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Originally Posted by

[Linked Image</div><div class=" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

Another design feature is where the cocking rods are placed. The thick sides of the action are there for strength, most makers drill a hole through them and then put the cocking rods through them. For strength the V-C the rods are closer to the center of the action. This leaves the sides of the action stronger then if a hole was drilled through them.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for tne description guys. Ken now get ready to leave early for the Airport on Tuesday, clear them through customs and get it sent to me!!!! smile

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Christmas comes early this year!
I hope Santa doesn't forget me

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Thanks for tne description guys. Ken now get ready to leave early for the Airport on Tuesday, clear them through customs and get it sent to me!!!! smile

My import/customs broker handles the paperwork for customs and I will be talking to her first thing Tuesday. With a little luck and customs is not to far backed up because of the holiday it will on its way to you before the end of the week.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
smile

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (BlackHunter, blackhawk44, brianmac, 01Foreman400, Big1bud, 11 invisible), 1,401 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,873
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.