Print Thread
Hop To
J
jagd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Did you guys see the Stadt Hessen Law change. No muzzle loaders at all now.

What do you guys think of that?

If a 250grain slug isnt enough to kill a critter in europe then i don't know what is.

Loving life in the Great North West one day at a time.

sounds like its time for a new gun.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I figured they stop using muzzle loaders 150 years ago.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Same idiots in Hessen like in some other German states. The worst part is that mostly not politicians but the hunters/hunting organizations want to have the hunting laws changed like that. I left the LJV (Landesjagdverband=state hunting organization) Hessen about 2 years ago and did not join the one in the state where I live now. Alot of hunters live in their so-called traditions with Loden clothes, green hats and Drilling but they do not know anything about real hunting like a backpack hunt or bow hunting in BC. And they even know less about hunting and cleanly killing an animal with something else than their drilling. They do not have a clue about bowhunting, muzzle loading rifles, handguns or AR-style rifles. And they do not want to learn anything about it. So they are very happy and pleased when stuff like that gets banned.

J
jagd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
More limitations are always sad.

I think what really made me a better marksman was practicing and hunting with a bow for a year.

Loving life in the Great North West one day at a time.

sounds like its time for a new gun.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It makes so little sense to me that I can't really comment on it other than as an ethnic group, there maybe more Germans in America that in Hess all together. As I recall a lot of Hessians fought here once upon a time! Lot of them just stayed on since it was wide open and the hunting pretty good.

Last edited by gmsemel; 09/24/11.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What is their reasoning for that ban. When you have a muzzle loader that can generate the power level that exceeds several acceptable and traditional centerfire calibers, it doesn't make sense to me. Albeit I am an American and I am accustomed to these freedoms.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

It's not about freedom or any good reason but as written above, it's people who can understand other way of doing or thinking than their own. They stay in their old vision of hunting, unable to open their mind to other people and who don't learn about life, hunt, tirearm, history and the rest..These guys exist every where in the world even in the US of A. In France most of our hunting organisation don't play the hunters game. They just act for themselves and their "power", like politicians they don't mind about the people who elected them. Power, strong or weak, corrupt.
In Europe i think hunters are more dangerous to hunters than the other foes and antis, greenies included.
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (1minute, 673, 1_deuce, 29aholic, 5sdad, 26 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,081
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.