Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Hmmmm..what has Mass done to lead the country on illegal immigration,again? I forgot.

Romney last night on border security "of course you build a fence."

I believe I heard him say that, no?

=============

Yes,but apples and oranges,Dave. The fence is one thing,20+ mil in the country already is the other real issue. What's a fence going to do for that crowd?

I don't know if a fence helps. I wont pretend to know, I'm on the other border and it would be offensive to the southern border folks for me to act like I know what they deal with.

20 million sounds like chicken feed compared to the billions obama has and continues to toss into the wind. He calls it "stimulous"

Take all that money and toss it at the border, build the great wall of china and man it. At least then when all the "stimulous" is gone you have something you can see and touch.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmmm..what has Mass done to lead the country on illegal immigration,again? I forgot.

Romney last night on border security "of course you build a fence."

I believe I heard him say that, no?

=============

Yes,but apples and oranges,Dave. The fence is one thing,20+ mil in the country already is the other real issue. What's a fence going to do for that crowd?

I don't know if a fence helps. I wont pretend to know, I'm on the other border and it would be offensive to the southern border folks for me to act like I know what they deal with.

20 million sounds like chicken feed compared to the billions obama has and continues to toss into the wind. He calls it "stimulous"

Take all that money and toss it at the border, build the great wall of china and man it. At least then when all the "stimulous" is gone you have something you can see and touch.

I think we could consider a border fence a "shovel ready" job. Bottom line, there is no will on either side to actually solve this problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Damned door prize for popping out a kid on the right side of the border.

Build a f'kin' fence.

Build a no mans land kill anything inside it.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Barkoff
You're back-pedaling. Opt-outs are implemented to give notice and priority to parents.

OK, you go on defending what Perry himself said he handled wrong.

what he said he did wrong was using an executive order instead of having the legislature pass it, which it would have overwhelmingly, not being populated with vaccine freaks.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=szHkBgXnS38[/video]

RP, blaming the U.S., quoting and supporting UBL, for 9/11.

THAT? is a POTUS candidate?

Anyone that even thinks about supporting that DSMFer not only needs their head examined; they need their ass kicked.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because someone made it mandatory, now I don't have to put up with Measles, Polio or Smallpox....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You guys would complain about Mother Teresa's nipples.

Maybe not. Got and pics?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=szHkBgXnS38[/video]

Anyone that even thinks about supporting that DSMFer not only needs their head examined; they need their ass kicked.

Ron Paul gets my vote. Those that voted Bush in for a second term should shut the [bleep] up.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by rkamp

Ron Paul gets my vote. Those that voted Bush in for a second term should shut the [bleep] up.

You, are an idiot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by Barkoff
You're back-pedaling. Opt-outs are implemented to give notice and priority to parents.

OK, you go on defending what Perry himself said he handled wrong.

what he said he did wrong was using an executive order instead of having the legislature pass it, which it would have overwhelmingly, not being populated with vaccine freaks.

Category: HPV � Texas � public health � vaccines
Posted on: April 28, 2007 9:40 AM, by Nick Anthis

On Monday, 23 April, the Texas Senate voted 30-1 in favor of its version of HB1089, a bill overturning Rick Perry's February executive order mandating that all girls entering the sixth grade receive the HPV (human papilloma virus) vaccine Gardasil. On Wednesday, 25 April, the Texas House approved the Senate version of the bill by a 135-2 vote. On Thursday, 26 April, the bill was sent to Governor Rick Perry, who has ten days to sign the bill into law, veto the bill, or do neither (which would have the same effect as signing the bill). Even if Perry vetoes the bill, both the House and the Senate have the necessary 2/3 majority votes to override his veto.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rkamp

You, are an idiot.

Your a pompous ass, and not as smart as you think.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Smarter than a DSMFer supporting a kook that says we're to blame for 9/11, that thinks NOW he's a supporter of Reagan (when he dropped out of the (R) party because of Reagan), and simply can't pull his head out of his own ass long enough to realize he's a bumbling, stupid, bitter old man.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Smarter than a DSMFer supporting a kook that says we're to blame for 9/11, that thinks NOW he's a supporter of Reagan (when he dropped out of the (R) party because of Reagan), and simply can't pull his head out of his own ass long enough to realize he's a bumbling, stupid, bitter old man.

Whoa there chili ddiicckk, you sound a little bitter there yourself. Now get back to your cubicle, you got lots of bills to pay.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Jealous, when facts are used, ain'tcha?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The governor, perhaps feeling the heat of the outrage of many of his friends, states that his executive order allows for parents to opt out of the program, but there are concerns that doing so will negate their insurance policies".

The vaccine protects girls and women against strains of the sexually transmitted virus that cause most cases of cervical cancer and genital warts. Merck & Co.�s Gardasil is the only HPV vaccine on the market.
Advertise | AdChoices

Republican Rep. Dennis Bonnen bristled at the governor�s criticism of his bill.

�We should not and are now not going to offer the 165,000 11-year-olds in Texas up to be the study group for Merck to find out what the implications of this vaccine would be for these girls,� he said.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) � Texas lawmakers are fighting to block the governor's order requiring that sixth-grade girls be vaccinated against the virus that causes cervical cancer, with the House giving final approval to a bill to make the shots strictly voluntary.

Gov. Rick Perry's executive order has inflamed conservatives who say it contradicts Texas' abstinence-only sexual education policies and intrudes into family lives. Some critics also have questioned whether the vaccine has been proven safe.

The House voted 118-23 on Wednesday to approve a bill that would keep the vaccine off the list of required shots for school attendance. The measure now heads to the state Senate, where more than half the members are co-sponsoring an identical bill.

So the assertion that the objection to the mandatory vaccination was purely procedural, is flawed.

USA Today

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Keep supporting someone who thinks 9/11 not only was our fault, but was an inside job:

Last edited by VAnimrod; 09/13/11.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Am I the only one who finds all these "career politicians" extremely distasteful?
It's the same old business as usual.
I see the guardisil order Perry signed as a symptom of our current political climate. Lining someones pocket because you have the political clout to do so.

No politican of either party would dare to expose another on graft or paybacks owed to lobbyists because they all have their fingers in the jelly jar.

None of the current nominees want anything to do with a discourse on political contributions and the paybacks that resulted from same. Until that stink becomes just a memory erased from a candidates resume we're gonna go down as a nation governed into oblivion by the good ole boy,s club.

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ron Paul is the only one on that stage last night that MAYBE couldn't beat obama right now.

to win an election and get swing states, you have to pull in moderates and independents. While the hardcore GOP folks will pull the lever for whatever sack of [bleep] ultimately gets the nomination, what we saw in the last election is that the big stick diplomacy, tax break for the wealthy, you got us into this mess RINO candidate isn't going to pull it off.

Even the tea party voters don't live in a vacuum, the common bond between them is wanting a fiscally responsible government but whatever candidate gets the nod, if he/she doesn't appeal to their hot button issues, they just won't vote.

While you may see a large number of "anyone but Obama" voters because of the circles you live in, those people voted for McCain in the last election - and we see how that worked. Has Obama screwed up enough to push the rest of the fence sitters back to the GOP?

IMO, not with the field I saw last night.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/13/11.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keep supporting someone who thinks 9/11 not only was our fault, but was an inside job:

I would love to see this guy shake up the FR and take back the national credit card that was stolen by corporate and foreign interests.

America first!

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All this "debate" and it's going to come down to a handful of states (some of which may/may not even vote republican in the general election) and then the rest of us will step in line and vote for whoever is left on the ballot against Obama.

In all honesty that's why I haven't watched much of the debates or followed many of the candidates except for 1 or 2 who scare the crap out of me. If you don't live in one of those early states it won't even matter unless you are trying to decide who to send money to in an effort to influence it before it gets to your state.

I'd like to think it would work out where everyone's vote in the primary would matter but it's just reality that it doesn't work out that way. Basically it's going to come down to a vote for Obama or a vote against Obama.

Last edited by NathanL; 09/13/11.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 14 invisible), 991 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,131
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.