Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
How'd Cain get drug into this?
==============

He has to climb over the top of someone in the polls. This was a easy first shot over the bow. We'll see if it gains traction out the 24H.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did Cain breech the subject?

The linked article doesn't even reference Herman.

Last edited by Mako25; 10/03/11.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
What?
The term [bleep] was used in the South?
Next thing you know, someone will still wish to wave the battle flag of the Confedercy!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I assure you the [bleep] I picked for decades were 'bout as close to the Canadian border as you can get without namin' 'em "eyh-one, eyh-two", etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
Did Cain breech the subject?

The linked article doesn't even reference Herman.

I re-read each post and then read the linked article trying to see where I missed a statement by Cain.

nada

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I'm betting Cain was asked about it...he's in a tight spot no matter what he says. As far as Perry and un-pc stuff, southern boys are automaticaly guilty to anyone north of the gnat line...even though Austin is not as racist as Boston.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Much ado about nothing. The people making hay with this weren't going to vote for him anyway; his supporters aren't going to change their minds over it.

If it does sway an individual's vote, they're looking in all the wrong places.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't agree Smokepole. But I hope that your right.

Here in the North East you never hear that adjective used. It would seem low class or insulting to a negro to use it.

Thus if your not from the NE you may not understand.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
this coming from an azzhole that disparages the Japanese. nothing but a hypocrite.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by noharleyyet
I'm betting Cain was asked about it...he's in a tight spot no matter what he says. As far as Perry and un-pc stuff, southern boys are automaticaly guilty to anyone north of the gnat line...even though Austin is not as racist as Boston.

Yes he was on FOX yesterday and was "shocked." The MSM will run with this and coupled with Perry's pisspoor debating performace it does not bode well for him.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I feel Perry will be judged largely on his next debate performance. I'm guessing Romney will be the one alongside Perry in what will likely be a lively, contentious debate. Romney best be prepared himself as Perry is going after him big time,I'm guessing.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thus if your not from the NE you may not understand."

And if you ARE from the Northeast you're gonna vote for Obama anyway , so why are you posting?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hopefully Cain will state in the debate in regards to the matter "I believe Gov. Perry has addressed this issue already, satisfactorily, and I have no issue with Gov. Perry in regards to this. Now let's get on to some substantive matters relative to this race for the President of the United States."

As of now I'm voting for Cain and have issues with Perry but I sure hope THIS does not in anyway contribute to his undoing. It would be refreshing if the debates and the selection process were comprised of meaningful issues. But yes, the press will attempt to mile this, as they already have, for all it's worth. I certainly hope Mr. Cain rises above it and sees it for what it is. I suspect he will. If he doesn't, strike on him.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If "the Real Rick Perry" shows up , his debate performance will for sure hurt Romney , but will offend some of the kinder,gentler folks that make up the electorate , not to mention the MSM.That's been his dilemma from the git-go.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Well, if Christie changes his mind and jumps in, that will hurt Romney from the get-go and add another interesting twist to the dynamic.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Christie's reluctance to run for the Presidency brings to mind Lincoln's answer to a question about how he liked being President.

Lincoln replied that he thought pretty much like a man who'd been tarred and feathered and was being toted out of town astraddle a fence rail when somebody taunted him with the question how he liked the ride.

"If 'twarn't f'the honor, I'd as soon walk."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep.One likely scenario a few months ago was Romney staying "above the fray" and cruising to the nomination.Then Perry got in.

Perry staying atop the polls and taking no serious hits was never a likely scenario.

Christie getting in will add some excitement but I still think it comes down to Romney and Perry and to be decided by delegate count well before the convention.The jockeying for early primary dates among the states is going to alter campaign strategy for both camps.

Perry will likely be behind , but not out of it,by the time Super Tuesday rolls around.

Assuming there will even BE a Super Tuesday this go-round !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Meanwhile, the communist's are seizing the United States of America.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish fervently that all the GOP candidates would see the ruinous political folly of shooting at each other and instead center their fusillades on �bama bin Nada and the Demoncraps.

Even I know that all their snide sniping at each other will be fulsome fodder for the left's pro-�bama, anti-GOP snot-flinging in the home stretch of the campaign leading-up to November 2012.

From Paul to Perry and Roemer to Romney, they all should've concentrated their fire on �bama bin Nada, Pelosi, Reid, and their claques from Day One.

Never waste an opportunity to shoot at a real varmint.

The final, decisive, compelling comparison should be how well they compete with �bama and the Demoncraps, not how well they compete with each other.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The final, decisive, compelling comparison should be how well they compete with the Demoncraps, not how well they compete with each other.

Yes sir, Newt style.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 12savage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,911
Posts18,479,517
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.