Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Anyone ever fly through Frankfurt?

Life is too short to squabble - mend the past, live today, and dream of tomorrow
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My first trip I did. I had about 12 hours to kill so we took the train into town and had a few beers and some great sausages. The folks were very frindly and helpful. I was very impressed by the attractive 6 foot plus women walking around the airport providing security carrying sub machine guns.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was more impressed with all the people coing and going. Everyone from Dahli onks to muslim women in full coverup. I married a big Finlander with a bunch of guns. "That don't ipress me much " to quote Shania Twain

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Delta Economy comfort is the way to go. The way we mentally prepare ourselves besides the Benadryl and beer fix is to just look at as sitting in the tree stand all day. It works even if you are lucky enough to land an economy comfort plus seat. 15hrs is 15 hrs.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by jimmyb
Delta Economy comfort is the way to go. The way we mentally prepare ourselves besides the Benadryl and beer fix is to just look at as sitting in the tree stand all day. It works even if you are lucky enough to land an economy comfort plus seat. 15hrs is 15 hrs.

He's right! If it's your 1st trip, just take Delta, it's easier that way. wink

maddog

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I am definately looking for the economy plus! United also has this feature, plus only 8 hours to Frankfurt and a 10 hour flight to J'berg...overall flight time may be a little longer, but less time on a plane for the connections would give me a chance to get off the plane and stretch. Delta is running $2300 and United is $1700....hence my question through Frankfurt.

Life is too short to squabble - mend the past, live today, and dream of tomorrow
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Ive flown through Frankfurt a few times. One thing I have come across is that they seem to change the gates of connecting flights without telling any one, and with out updating the flight departure monitor screens.
Apart from that, Frankfurt is a good airport and they all seem to be very helpful and pleasant staff there.
German customs will open your checked bag if you are carring ammo without telling you, but will leave a note saying that they have done it.I had just normal locks on my ammo box, not the TSA locks, and they picked them.
Having flown across the Atlantic, I think a stretch of the legs would be welcome....and maybe a cold beer!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Frankfurt is really cool,just don't leave the airpost...It's not real good on the streets unguided and not speaking the langage.When I go to Namiba,I think this is the way to go.Food is good too!I'ne done the Atlanta direct to J'Burg,what a haul.

Stay out of Paris,worst airport I've ever been in...anywhere!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The wife & I got back last Sat(1st) from Windhoek. Try a 45 hour stint from Winkhoek to Pittsburg, Tx., either in a plane or waiting at the airport for a plane. I will try a different route if I ever go back. It was a great trip but the flying( especially the trip coming home)was a killer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,719
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.