Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I know most everybody will say "TOO MUCH!" but there just ain't many of these around.

Mfg. very near the end of 1963 with Lyman All American 8X w/adjustable AO.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] That shiny spot is only a reflection, not bad wood.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This beauty was for sale in a gun shop so everybody that picked it up had to work the bolt. Therefore, a shiny place on the extractor and you can tell from the receiver being shined a little inside that it has been worked several times buy NOT FIRED.

[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/icrums/208.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/icrums/014-2.jpg[/img]

No box or papers; what you see is what you get.

As usual, first "I'll take it" gets it.

And this can be yours for ONLY $2150.00 shipped to your FFL in the lower US (no California)in a hard plastic gun case. Insurance is included.

Thanks, ya'll.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll take it!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whoops, I'm in California.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higbean

That ain't my fault!!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ok who had their signatures first???

Save Some Elk, Shoot A Wolf...........
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyohunter99
ok who had their signatures first???

I really don't know but yours is backwards. grin

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Very nice rifle......

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Very nice rifle......

Thank you and I agree. Very nice rifle. Sure hope somebody decides to buy it before I decide to take it out on a shootin' party.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I have an unfired rifle just like yours. Would you part with the scope? Thanks.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Still can't figure out why peoople won't ship here, it's no different than any other state (FFL transfer wise).

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jryoung

Still can't figure out why peoople won't ship here, it's no different than any other state (FFL transfer wise).

I wonder why myself.I have sold several Rifles to people in California and it is no hassle at all.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
To CA is no issue. I sold a #1 to a guy in CA. For the shipper of the rifle, it is no different than shipping to any other state. Come on guys, help the folks in CA, don't deny them the chance at some of these fine rifles listed for sale here.

Brent

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by vixen

If somebody wants the rifle without scope, I would.

What is that old scope worth, you reckon?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz

I wonder why myself.I have sold several Rifles to people in California and it is no hassle at all.

I haven't tried shipping to Calif so I might have formed an unwarranted opinion of the hassle that might be.

So, I will rephrase my statement and say I, not being an FFL holder, would attempt to ship to there IF THE HASSLE IS NOT TOO GREAT.

In fact, I will go talk to a local dealer today and see what he says but in the meantime, if someone in California is interested, let me know and we will go from there.

Where's Bricktop when you need him?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nobody ever "needs" Bricktop wink

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I believe you can ship to California as an individual easier than a FFL dealer can. I did it once, I hope I didn't break any laws...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I believe you can ship to California as an individual easier than a FFL dealer can. I did it once, I hope I didn't break any laws...

Hah! If you didn't get caught, you didn't.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My FFL only requires a copy of a DL from the seller. If coming from an FFL he needs a copy of their FFL.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My FFL only requires a copy of a DL from the seller. If coming from an FFL he needs a copy of their FFL.

So you gonna buy my gun? smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bigbuck, tell me how it shoots...then we'll talk wink

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Yep, from private party to FFL holder in CA is no different than to any other state.

Only a transfer from an FFL to an FFL in CA needs whatever that extra CA paperwork is.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Yes, with a Caveat.

There are few California Dealers who accept from an individual, I have 2 lined up and have used them both.

Other FFL dealers in Ca refuse to receive firearms to transfer from out of state, I believe their ploy is that they make more money off new guns than used transfers, although some charge $150 to "hold" the firearm, plus the normal $35 DROS fee. My dealers charge half that, but I am currently getting the "Volume discount" from my favorite dealer...lol

Although, I believe Pre 64 model 70's can be sold/ shipped to Curio and Relic dealers, too bad I'm broke.

Allen

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW

g

I'll make up a good story. Just how well do you want it to shoot? smile

I will guarantee A one hole group at three hundred yards each shot.

Good enough? whistle

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Depends, do you take good looks, charm and a self deprecating humor as a form of payment?

I'd be all over it if divorce wouldn't cost my 10x as much.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Depends, do you take good looks, charm and a self deprecating humor as a form of payment?

I'd be all over it if divorce wouldn't cost my 10x as much.

I never did have one of them divorce thangs but know they are expensive so tell me which is best; a brand new pre 64 Winchester or a divorce??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

g

I'll make up a good story. Just how well do you want it to shoot? smile

I will guarantee A one hole group at three hundred yards each shot.

Good enough? whistle

I think you're on to me smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Private individual can ship a rifle to an FFL holder no differently than any other state.

It's not a whole lot more work for an FFL dealer to do it either, most just choose not to.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cal74
Private individual can ship a rifle to an FFL holder no differently than any other state.

It's not a whole lot more work for an FFL dealer to do it either, most just choose not to.

So all I need now is a buyer, huh.

C'mon, you California guys!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

g

I'M all for that too. Then afterwards we can ding him on the price since it won't be in "unfired" condition anymore grin wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

g

I'M all for that too. Then afterwards we can ding him on the price since it won't be in "unfired" condition anymore grin wink

Har! Ahm on to ya'll as thissn sure ain't mah first dog and pony show. Meanin' that my Momma didn't raise no fools. smirk

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
PM sent

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
All that bitching and not a single Californian even wants the thing....

Nice rifle BB. Good luck with your sale.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, man.

Yeah, I thunk that by now them boys from Kalif would be fightin' over whoose gonna git it. Maybe they decided that I was just too willing.

When you coming down this way? I'm gettin' thirsty.

Ivan

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't know? I wanted to run that Governors Cup but I couldn't make it. Then I was kicking around doing some backpacking in the Beartooths this weekend but I decided I'm not ready to see snow just yet.

So I'm going scouting all weekend for mulies. I would bet I make it down there next summer though. grin

Drive up here for gophers next spring.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a pretty good plan, Travis. Spring might be a while in getting here this time.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Back to the top for the late comers.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good looking rifle! Where did you find it?

"You are so equipment conscious...you carry heavy millimeter cannon with you into the field. The American's sense of sportmanship is equated with his ability to master the sport with his purchases, not his skill." --Scottish author unknown--
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I happened on to it at a gun shop in Cody.

Hope somebody buys it pretty soon as I'm about to yield to temptation and go shoot it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
BB,

When you are ready, I know of a couple of benches where you can shoot! Let me know, as I would like to see this happen. Fat chance!

M Bell

Last edited by Ten_Sleep; 10/07/11.

"You are so equipment conscious...you carry heavy millimeter cannon with you into the field. The American's sense of sportmanship is equated with his ability to master the sport with his purchases, not his skill." --Scottish author unknown--
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just came up with a good plan. You buy the gun from me and then we can shoot it all we want to!

You likee plan??

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Saturday already! Don't want anyone to miss out on taking a look at this Winchester so here it is.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I just came up with a good plan. You buy the gun from me and then we can shoot it all we want to!

You likee plan??

I couldn't come up with that much money if I sold ALL the guns I own! I'll send this back to the top so somebody with more money than myself can get a really good rifle for a good price.

M Bell

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It looks to be in great shape but how do you know it's unfired? It seems odd that someone would have mounted a scope on this rifle originally and never fired it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Visual inspection plainly shows that it has not been fired. Not only my inspection but from at least two gunsmiths and the knowledgeable guys at our local Scheel's sporting goods. Not people like you find in Cabala's or Sportsman's Whse., but people that know what they are talking about.

The scope was mounted but not even bore sighted. What do you find suspicious about that?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just curious as I have rifles in my collection that are in similiar shape and would be curious how to tell if they are unfired or just appeared unfired.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rain on your parade!

Winchester test fired all of these at the factory. Looks like the 2 gunsmiths (had to take it to 2 because you didn't believe the first?) and highly paid rocket scientists at Scheel's don't know what they are talking about...or did you just make that stuff up to try and sell this gun for an "unfired" premium? Unless a gun has factory paper from Winchester that it hasn't been fired, or is obviously NIB, without a scope and rub marks on the extractor its just an excellent condition model 70, not an unfired collector. And what kind of idiot gunshop owner puts an unfired pre-64 collectable model 70 out on a rack for every Jim-Bob to cycle??

Nice gun, but tough to believe it's unfired.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boobman
Winchester test fired all of these at the factory. Looks like the 2 gunsmiths (had to take it to 2 because you didn't believe the first?) and highly paid rocket scientists at Scheel's don't know what they are talking about...or did you just make that stuff up to try and sell this gun for an "unfired" premium? Unless a gun has factory paper from Winchester that it hasn't been fired, or is obviously NIB, without a scope and rub marks on the extractor its just an excellent condition model 70, not an unfired collector. And what kind of idiot gunshop owner puts an unfired pre-64 collectable model 70 out on a rack for every Jim-Bob to cycle??

Nice gun, but tough to believe it's unfired.

Boob,

He said "at least 2 gunsmiths" not just 2...get your schit straight! grin

Free bump for a nice rifle.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, just don't believe it then. No problem.

=o=====o=====o=====o=====o=====o=====o=====o=====o=====o=====o=

KT, thanks.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
49 post on this thread here and still no sale.

Does being a pre 64 give it entitlement?

You think?

Good thing not everyone does this.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reelman
Just curious as I have rifles in my collection that are in similiar shape and would be curious how to tell if they are unfired or just appeared unfired.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rain on your parade!

Naw, you didn't rain on my parade. Sorry if I came across like that.

As we both know, any gun can be cleaned up good enough by the right people with the right equipment so that it just might be impossible to really tell.

I start by inspecting the muzzle as if there is any visible copper fouling, that's usually where you can see it. Look closely at the very end to see if there is any powder residue at the edge of the bore. Put a patch on your cleaning rod along with some Sweets and see if you can get any green stuff to show up from in the bore.

Remove the bolt and really give it the once over. Small shavings of brass can be in any type of rough place or even firing pin hole or extractor grooves. Look everywhere you can for any signs of brass residue as minute particles usually can be found if the rifle has been fired. Stick your little finger in the chamber as far as you can and try to dig out some residue from there.

That's a rough ideas of what I do when trying to determine whether or not one has been fired and don't think I have been fooled yet. There are probably some guys here that can add to my method so maybe they can be of some help.

Good luck.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SU35
49 post on this thread here and still no sale.

Does being a pre 64 give it entitlement?

You think?

Good thing not everyone does this.

Why not??

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bigbuck215: That is a dandy looking Rifle you have there.
I am wondering if any of this balderdash that some posters have made regarding your Rifle has incurred in you any intention of lowering the price?
I live in Montana and would drive to Billings to inspect and pay cash for said Rifle if you could tempt me with a bottom dollar, no shipping, no case price.
Answer via E-mail if you wish:
VarmintGuyaol.com
Best of luck in selling your nifty Rifle
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just sent ya a PM.

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I am wondering if any of this balderdash that some posters have made regarding your Rifle has incurred in you any intention of lowering the price?
I live in Montana and would drive to Billings to inspect and pay cash for said Rifle if you could tempt me with a bottom dollar, no shipping, no case price.
VarmintGuyaol.com
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I have no intention of lowering his price - just trying to help others to avoid a purchase they might later have trouble selling as "unfired". $1500-$1850 is a real fair price for a rifle in this condition (I've got over 50 of them) and it just might bring $2000 after an inspection, so my issue certainly isn't with the asking price.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Boobsie, what you have to say doesn't bother me in the least but it sure is great to have an overnight "expert" show up here to help keep us dishonest ones in line and make sure that nobody gets stung. Very noble of you.

And you can sell yours for what they are worth and I will do the same.

O, how's things in Afton?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sold yet? Need offer?

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You have a PM.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Boobman
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
VarmintGuyaol.com
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I have no intention of lowering his price - just trying to help others to avoid a purchase they might later have trouble selling as "unfired". $1500-$1850 is a real fair price for a rifle in this condition (I've got over 50 of them) and it just might bring $2000 after an inspection, so my issue certainly isn't with the asking price.

Take out your wallet or STFU.

Travis

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave
Take out your wallet or STFU, Framis.

Fixed it for ya.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by vixen

If somebody wants the rifle without scope, I would.

What is that old scope worth, you reckon?

A Lyman All American 8X w/AO in that condition is rare, gotta be worth $1000 easy. I'll take the rifle for the difference. Pls send payment info...

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ha! I'm glad that the scope ain't any better than that cause then I'd hafta pay ya to take the gun. Guess I smile 'm just lucky.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by deflave
Take out your wallet or STFU, Framis, BossLady, Karen and oldman 1942 and no tellin' how many others.

Fixed it for ya.

Done some more fixin'.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
drooling.............very nice, i cant buy because i would shoot it

i dont need a ultra mag, i know how to shoot my 30-06

having that obama sticker on your car might as well say " Yes i'm stupid "

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johntree
drooling.............very nice, i cant buy because i would shoot it

And that's EXACTLY the only reason I want to sell it. Temptation has had a hold on me for quite a while and my resistance is wearing down.

Somebody needs to buy it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 55 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,816
Posts18,496,463
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.