Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by isaac
You should spend your energies focusing on the final days of the moron you morons put in office. Your fear manisfesting itself with silly,sophomoric posts is transparently amusing but you really do come across as a complete idiot without a clue.

LOL! Classic!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by isaac
You should spend your energies focusing on the final days of the moron you morons put in office. Your fear manisfesting itself with silly,sophomoric posts is transparently amusing but you really do come across as a complete idiot without a clue.

Your support for the list of complete idiots running for Pres on the GOP side is the real sign of a fool and his thoughts. Lets see... Palin (Here is a winner) Bachmann (Palin light), Perrry ( the best debater of all). Cain (999 and no clue) and your stuck with a candidate you really hate (Mitt)! Maybe you can work on Christie some more! Hell Christie was smart enough to stay out of this Sh&t Storm and hope for smoother sailing in 2016. 2012 is going to be a wash guys. If Obama wins you are going to be really pissed off, if Mitt wins you're going to be really pissed off. I call that a Win!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
When Obama is out,the entire country wins, save for freeloaders such as yourself,of course. The thought of having to work for a living terrifies you,doesn't it?

On that subject,post a pic of you working your trade in Alaska,if one exists. I think it will be easy to expose you for the pathological liar and fraud you really are.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sandman1

I have said it before and will say it again. At this point in 2007, Rudy Giuliani had a commanding lead in the Republican primary. Does anyone remember how that worked out?

It certainly looks like it will be Romney, but this thing is far from over. The first delegate has not cast a vote yet.
Damned right. Been saying the same myself.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Can you imagine what might happen if RP became viable enough to require any of the others to spend some money addressing his failings rather than letting RP do it all by himself,for free?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Cain's a numbskull banker shill. Romney's a first class RINO. Perry's another George Dubya. Gingrich is Mr. Global Warming. Only Ron Paul is right on all the issues, and with him there's no surprises. He's been fighting for the same issues, like a voice in the wilderness, since the 1970s, i.e., the very issues that all the phonies have suddenly started running on only of late, because only recently, since the course of events have proved that Ron Paul was right all along, they're popular.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Your right! Just send me that cheese!

You are such a dip stick! 50% of the guys on the forum know the GOP is screwed with the clowns you have to run with in 2012. Just today there has been many posts that are saying how low the GOP has sunk or how all the candidates are so bad. I think that any of the good ones have bowed out because the Right Wing of the party which really represents maybe 10-12% of the party have turned a deaf ear to any sensible candidate. The GOP has some good choices out there but guys like you are demanding that each new flavor of the day be more crazy than the other and you are getting what you have asked for.

Good luck with that. Most of the country and many here on the campfire reside some where closer to the middle than the vocal few like yourself. Its like you guys insist that if you piss in a wind storm that you will not get anything on yourself. As most of us can see your all wet and you smell like PEE!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Let's see the pics,fraud.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just send me that cheese!

First you beg for Hugo Chavez's oil, now begging for cheese. Pathetic

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I agree with you. I think RP is the only one with any morals. You know where he stands and that scares the hell out of the Right Wing and the establishment. Cant control this guy!

I don't think he can with the primary but I still like him!

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Cain's a numb skull banker shill. Romney's a first class RINO. Perry's another George Dubya. Gingrich is Mr. Global Warming. Only Ron Paul is right on all the issues, and with him there's no surprises. He's been fighting for the same issues, like a voice in the wilderness, since the 1970s, i.e., the very issues that all the phonies have suddenly started running on only of late, because suddenly they're popular.

I musta missed that as I don't recall any of them other than RP calling the end or even audit of the Fed; at least they sure don't bring that up. Cain even said he would expand the military. Don't any but RP call out for WS and Corps to step and come clean. These are issues that are outside and out of bounds for both parties. They are owned.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Cain's a numb skull banker shill. Romney's a first class RINO. Perry's another George Dubya. Gingrich is Mr. Global Warming. Only Ron Paul is right on all the issues, and with him there's no surprises. He's been fighting for the same issues, like a voice in the wilderness, since the 1970s, i.e., the very issues that all the phonies have suddenly started running on only of late, because suddenly they're popular.

I musta missed that as I don't recall any of them other than RP calling the end or even audit of the Fed; at least they sure don't bring that up. Cain even said he would expand the military. Don't any but RP call out for WS and Corps to step and come clean. These are issues that are outside and out of bounds for both parties. They are owned.

Then you musta missed a lot�

A PROSPERITY PLAN: REFORMING THE FEDERAL RESERVE
I will also include in jobs and prosperity legislation provisions to reform the Federal Reserve.
They will include a full-scale audit of Federal Reserve activities as well as a narrowing of the Fed's statutory mandate.
The amount of money Chairman Bernanke has allocated in secrecy is incompatible with a free society.
Every decision document and meeting record for 2008 to 2010 should be made public and audited.
We the people deserve to know how our money is spent.

The Fed's monetary policy discretion should be limited to following a price rule guiding the conduct of monetary policy.
The Fed should monitor the signals provided by sensitive commodity prices with the goal of maintaining stable prices, thereby contributing to a stable dollar without inflation.

The operations of the Federal Reserve have an extraordinary impact over our everyday lives.
The Fed influences how much money is circulating in the economy, the value of the dollar, and what we pay to borrow from banks in the form of interest rates.
Since the enactment of legislation in 1978 known as the Humphrey-Hawkins Act, the Fed has had a dual mandate: maximum employment and stable prices.
These two goals are incompatible.
Newt Gingrich

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too many are willing to vote for douchebag-light just to get rid of douchebag. They'd rather vote for someone they think will be the winner (even if it is because he has powerful financial backing from some special interest group), rather than vote for a man w/ good intentions who can help us out of this.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Cain's a numbskull banker shill. Romney's a first class RINO. Perry's another George Dubya. Gingrich is Mr. Global Warming. Only Ron Paul is right on all the issues, and with him there's no surprises. He's been fighting for the same issues, like a voice in the wilderness, since the 1970s, i.e., the very issues that all the phonies have suddenly started running on only of late, because only recently, since the course of events have proved that Ron Paul was right all along, they're popular.

In terms of legislative achievement Gingrich is light-years ahead of Ron Paul.
The 21st Century Contract with America in substance and detail is light-years ahead of Ron Paul.

Finally, the bureaucratic rules and procedures that are commonplace in the federal government have no place in the twenty-first century. This legislation must dramatically overhaul the entire structure of the federal civil service, and make it clear that Americans will only tolerate a government that aggressively targets and eliminates waste and fraud, and incorporates private-sector best practices. Strong America Now, an organization dedicated to bringing modern management to government at every level, estimates that we can save $500 billion a year in spending through proven waste-cutting and value-enhancing techniques from the private sector, such as Lean Six Sigma.

The Defense Department has already used Lean Six Sigma to save more than $22 billion, increasing productivity 1,000 percent in some facilities.

IBM's Business of Government consultancy makes a more conservative estimate, suggesting that the federal government could save $100 billion annually by implementing commercial best practices. Using fraud detection techniques similar to those employed by credit card companies, we could save between $70 and $120 billion a year in Medicaid and Medicare fraud, according to the Center for Health Transformation
Newt Gingrich

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Redneck
And you can bet your sweet bippy he'll NOT work to overturn Obamacare.. He'll just 'tweak' it...
Exactly why he must be stopped.

Then why Did Paul Ryun say he believed Romney would over-turn Obamacare. I think Ryun has a better take on Romney on this issue than anyone here.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by Redneck
And you can bet your sweet bippy he'll NOT work to overturn Obamacare.. He'll just 'tweak' it...
Exactly why he must be stopped.

Then why Did Paul Ryun say he believed Romney would over-turn Obamacare. I think Ryun has a better take on Romney on this issue than anyone here.
The same Paul Ryan who voted for TARP against the expressed will of the overwhelming majority of his constituents?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will be interesting to see if Cain can continue to maintain his lead in the polls.

Whether he actually did anything wrong in the 90's appears to be irrelevant now, the bigger story is how he keeps changing his.

If someone is a hard core Cain supporter it won't change anything, but just like Perry - Cain has now faced the scrutiny of front runner.

Perhaps Romney's plan all along was to always be the guy in second right up to the end so the media and party backstabbing will clear out the contenders.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal
Too many are willing to vote for douchebag-light just to get rid of douchebag. They'd rather vote for someone they think will be the winner (even if it is because he has powerful financial backing from some special interest group), rather than vote for a man w/ good intentions who can help us out of this.

I see that as well.

I'm afraid we'll keep going down this path until we hit a Greece situation where no matter who is in charge, he(or she) will have limited options and have to make some hard decisions that nobody wants. Then everyone will turn against him and those goofy hippie protestors that we kind of look at in strange bemusement now will be real citizens in the street demanding a continuation of services and support that our government can no longer provide.

If you can see that as a reality, then I would hope someone would consider Ron Paul because severe cuts in the government we can negotiate and rationalize are much better when there is time to act on it rather than when they have to happen and its too late.

Either way, I firmly believe they are coming, and any candidate that is still proposing a format of big government (based on spending, taxes or a combination of both) may appeal to a large segment but doesn't really have the long term interest of the country in mind.

We already face another rating downgrade when the cuts from the committee that are mandated kick in because our partisan government refuses to find common ground on what needs to happen.

While I certainly believe there is a rational argument as to whether Ron Paul could actually get the significant reduction in size and scope of government he seeks, I don't think there is any argument that doing so puts America on much, much firmer financial ground and in turn gives it the ability to spend money on what are its biggest priorities.

For example, some people believe that Ron Paul's foreign policy will weaken our military and world dominance, however how can we continue to have a military as strong as we do now when both parties and every leading candidate agrees that significant cuts in military spending have to happen? You don't hear Ron Paul talking about not spending to build ships, tanks, weapons, VA hospitals, etc - you hear him talking about minimizing our "empire" overseas (I'm sure he has had examples of wasteful military spending but I'm talking in generalities here).

Whether a republican or democrat gets elected they are going to cut the military budget. Its already being cut to the tune of $400 billion over a period of time in the near future. Its being floated that another $400 billion is realistic.

It's because we have to do it and someone is going to have to make some hard decisions about what is valuable and what isn't.

I'd rather be in the position of believing the US had the financial means to where if we had to spend the money on something we could, without printing it and having China float us a loan.

That is a big driver why I support Ron Paul.

I just don't hear other candidates preaching a philosophy of realistic financial independence.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/03/11.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I think Cain has a real shot,

Really? I think Cain is finished! The lid is about to blow on the sexual harassment issue and when the Media starts looking at the campaign funding issue the dude may go to jail! (I know thats over the top)

I watched FOX last knight and even FOX hammered Cain.

Truth be told Mitt will be the nominee plain and simple.

I will say it again, Cain is finished! By Friday his campaign will be in ruin. Might not take that long the way things are moving today! Good Night Herman.

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa � While Herman Cain struggled for a second day in Washington to push back against sexual harassment allegations, the high political drama almost went unmentioned Tuesday in one of the most important courts of public opinion � Iowa.
On the campaign trail, on local conservative talk radio and in conversations among activists, Republicans here have so far greeted the story with a shrug.
[�]
The allegations against Cain aren�t resonating in Iowa because Republicans here are veterans of campaign politics and will reserve judgment until the story is more complete, said Bob Vander Plaats, the social conservative leader and 2010 gubernatorial candidate.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67410_Page2.html#ixzz1cawBEarI

That is interesting.
I hope there is something to that, as I would like to see Cain keep campaigning...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

D
denton Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
First, eliminate every government program that is not absolutely essential. There are many things government does that we may like but that we do not need. The test should be this: �Is this program so critical that it is worth borrowing money to pay for it?� The federal government should stop doing things we don�t need or can�t afford.
For example:
� Repeal ObamaCare, which would save $95 billion in 2016.
� Eliminate subsidies for the unprofitable Amtrak, saving $1.6 billion a year
� Enact deep reductions in the subsidies for the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and the Legal Services Corporation.
� Eliminate Title X family planning programs benefiting abortion groups like Planned Parenthood.
� End foreign aid to countries that oppose America�s interests.

Repealing ObamaCare seems to be at the top of Romney's list.

Be not weary in well doing.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 1,734 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,124
Posts18,522,957
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.