Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Story

Apparently Denver politicians and their enforcers are finding it impossible to deal with the Occupy folks because there is no Occupy leader that the officials can coerce into bringing the Occupy people to heel. Rather than having to coerce each individual protester, then, the officials are insisting that the protesters choose a leader for them to coerce.

So a group of the protesters (not all of them: they have no leader to compel them to do so) elected a dog to be their leader. The dog, through her agents, is now looking to meet with Governor Hickenlooper on behalf of Occupy Denver.

The Occupy folks are drastically wrong about a number of things, and economically clueless; but they do show how much trouble an unarmed voluntaryist community can give a coercive State.

Those with a mind to think should take note and remember.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
time for rubber boolits.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Undoubtedly the State will eventually use force to get rid of the Occupy people, probably injuring a number of them and possibly killing a few; force is all the State knows. But they'll become martyrs and millstones around the State's neck if so, and they'll be remembered just like the students murdered at Kent State, the MOVE members murdered in West Philadelphia, the Weavers murdered at Ruby Ridge, the Davidians murdered in Waco, and so many others.

Hard-core State-worshiping conservatives may be convinced that whomever the State murders must by definition deserve it; but there are a lot of smarter folks out there who will see through the State propaganda.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To compare these [bleep] to Randy Weaver is beyond the pale

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Too funny, they elected their most intelligent member.

The original international turd
IC B2

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
To compare these [bleep] to Randy Weaver is beyond the pale

At the moment, yes: none of them have been murdered yet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barak
Undoubtedly the State will eventually use force to get rid of the Occupy people, probably injuring a number of them and possibly killing a few; force is all the State knows.

Slow night eh?

The State of Colorado isnt exactly known for it's Gestapo like tactics...

I'm sure most of the protestors will leave on their own power. A few $hitheads will chain themselves to benches, trees, etc. They'll get just as hurt as the officers will dragging them to the Paddy Wagon.

Martyrs? I think not.

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KCBighorn
Undoubtedly the State will eventually use force to get rid of the Occupy people, probably injuring a number of them and possibly killing a few; force is all the State knows.

Slow night eh?

The State of Colorado isnt exactly known for it's Gestapo like tactics...

I'm sure most of the protestors will leave on their own power. A few $hitheads will chain themselves to benches, trees, etc. They'll get just as hurt as the officers will dragging them to the Paddy Wagon.

Martyrs? I think not.

There are Occupy protesters in much harder-core jackbooted places than Denver--New York, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and like that. The fat lady isn't even in the building yet. We'll see.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I find it amusing how forum members bash cities for being "liberal cess pools" when it fits their agenda, and then another forum member calls the exact same cities "harder core jackbooted places". smile

OWS is a joke. There might of been a shred of credibility to a fraction of it when it started, but any and all of that has been lost a long time ago. And I emphasize MIGHT of been...

The remaining protestors are basically homeless people who are happy they have a excuse for their situation. The drug addicts, criminals and mentally deranged are all that are left. They need to go back under the bridge and leave the parks and other public places.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Undoubtedly the State will eventually use force to get rid of the Occupy people......

Bullsh**. The Denver police have shown remarkable restraint, and were even complimented for it by the "occupiers."

Just wishful thinking on your part, so you'll have something to bitch and complain about.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I find it amusing how forum members bash cities for being "liberal cess pools" when it fits their agenda, and then another forum member calls the exact same cities "harder core jackbooted places". smile

What do liberal cesspools have a lot of? Government, right? Lots of government translates into lots of dumb laws and statutes and regulations, which eventually require lots of jackbooted State thugs to enforce.

Liberals revere the laws and curse the thugs; conservatives curse the laws and revere the thugs. Neither group sees how inseparably connected they are.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lots of government translates into lots of dumb laws and statutes and regulations, which eventually require lots of jackbooted State thugs to enforce.

Empty the jails and prisons, release those who have been oppressed; right Twinky? smile

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

What do liberal cesspools have a lot of? Government, right? Lots of government translates into lots of dumb laws and statutes and regulations, which eventually require lots of jackbooted State thugs to enforce.

Liberals revere the laws and curse the thugs; conservatives curse the laws and revere the thugs. Neither group sees how inseparably connected they are.

And little Monkey Face posters here will remain unknown, un-met, and in their mind,...."Invisible"

Damned sorry to see the isolation inherent there.

"Life as we know it"

BRrrrr

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Lots of government translates into lots of dumb laws and statutes and regulations, which eventually require lots of jackbooted State thugs to enforce.

Empty the jails and prisons, release those who have been oppressed; right Twinky? smile

Right into the arms of their victims, along with a fistful of free passes for the victims or their assigns to pursue the remainder of justice in whatever fashion seemed best to them? Hey--it'd be tough to come up with a better solution to prison overcrowding than that.

It'd also be a whole lot more effective in deterring crime than any prison I've ever seen--and I've seen a number of them.

And a whole lot cheaper.

It'll never happen, though: it'd take too much power away from the State.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are Occupy protesters in much harder-core jackbooted places than Denver--New York, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and like that. The fat lady isn't even in the building yet. We'll see.

"We'll see" is correct; but these freaks anger is non-directional with no clear goal. They're angry at a lack of drugs and no free obama cheese. They may fail.
US policy is not to negotiate with terrorists.

However, if their anger was turned towards congress, they might get indictments for theft.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"any prison I've ever seen--and I've seen a number of them."

Neat,.....great way to develop a "World View" if that's what you NEED,...

How, if I might ask does THAT qualify one to speak about FREEDOM ?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC
How can you really know about something until you've lost it?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Undoubtedly the State will eventually use force to get rid of the Occupy people, probably injuring a number of them and possibly killing a few; force is all the State knows. But they'll become martyrs and millstones around the State's neck if so, and they'll be remembered just like the students murdered at Kent State, the MOVE members murdered in West Philadelphia, the Weavers murdered at Ruby Ridge, the Davidians murdered in Waco, and so many others.

Hard-core State-worshiping conservatives may be convinced that whomever the State murders must by definition deserve it; but there are a lot of smarter folks out there who will see through the State propaganda.

Gimme a break....like we should waste the effort giving these intellectually vacant morons another 5 minutes of TV time.I haven't heard such wide spread stupidity since the 60's.....or at least the last Obama press conference...

As to "state worshippers",I see a lot more of that mentality coming from the "Left" than from conservatives....and it's a mantra of the Occupy Gang,if you hadn't noticed....."We want government to do everything for us...."

I assume that means clearing the streets of primeval ooze as well....?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC
How can you really know about something until you've lost it?

Not real SURE about what you're asking there, sport, is that a "Trick Question" ?

Been FREE my entire life....Can't see that changing,....
Not in my immediate vicinity, anyhoo.

Must be a "Mindset" kinda' deal.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
#1 No love lost when idiots who have never paid taxs or held a job protest in the streets.

#2 No love lost for the idiots who run state county and federal government and think themselves above the law of the land and the constitution.

seeing both groups stalled in the mud makes me smile.
I love it when things fall apart at the seams.

Take notes?
GD right TAKE NOTES.

both groups are doing nothing. They are like a little boy tugging on his pecker because he doesnt knkow what to do with his hands.

useless turds. flush them all, I say.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (16gage, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,790 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,300
Posts18,525,972
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.