Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
clyde Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I have been watching the Gold Rush show. Anyone would have to be an idiot to believe anything that Dakota Fred has to say. I think he enjoyed telling the Hoffmans to hit the road. He is arrogant on a level very few people manage to get to.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I wouldn't get too upset about anything on that trumped up, staged for TV show- It's about as real as pro wrestling! smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously, with all the amazing shows on right now, how does anyone have the time or inclination to watch these "reality" shows?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Seriously, with all the amazing shows on right now, how does anyone have the time or inclination to watch these "reality" shows?

Amazing shows? All I'm seeing these days on the tube is total crap. frown
Paul B.

Last edited by PJGunner; 11/12/11.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Justified
Walking Dead
SOA
Boardwalk Empire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Louie
Wilfred
Shameless
The Borgias
Game of Thrones

Total crap? Like I said, this is the golden age of television right now, all people need to do is look for it.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am a huge Justified fan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was on a reality documentary type show once. Way, way too much of it is staged to take any of it seriously.

Parks & Rec though, is my new favorite.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All those guys are silly. Can you believe the Hoffmans didn't make their lease payment, who the heck would buy a high track D-8 for the kind of work they are doing, why put the shaker far far away from the material, why are they trying to rip permafrost when they have an excavator, and why do they always stand so close to machinery when there is strain on chains and cables.

A bunch of dorks.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I tried watching that show a couple of times during the first season. From what I've seen that crew would have a hard time finding gold in a rapper's mouth.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There all a bunch of morons !!!!!! i have been involved with and run heavy equipment over 40 plus years , i watched two segments of the show and it pissed me off so bad i wont watch another one !!! crazy crazy Don

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbob
I am a huge Justified fan.

Why?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Have you seen the show? It reminds me of a bunch of goofs that I grew up around and it makes me laugh.

I like laughing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They'd make more money if they just panned the creeks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
in the old days ya just shot claim jumpers -

enough said!

hoffmans are just LAME

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
N
N
i have to say i like the kid across the creek i bet he finds more then all the rest do

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i thought he showed a 3 oz nugget - if the old tailins ahd that kinda stuff left behind - yeah he'll do well

only thing people will want to see - hes the show now!

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by azcoues
i thought he showed a 3 oz nugget - if the old tailins ahd that kinda stuff left behind - yeah he'll do well

only thing people will want to see - hes the show now!

It was 1/3 of an ounce

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Justified
Walking Dead
SOA
Boardwalk Empire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Louie
Wilfred
Shameless
The Borgias
Game of Thrones

Total crap? Like I said, this is the golden age of television right now, all people need to do is look for it.

Too much TV will addle the head. There's only one show on the list I watch - Boardwalk Empire - the rest may as well not exist. Also enjoy Blue Bloods, but don't really know why, kind of tired of cop shows. Yep, it's total crap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought the offer of 80K for all that equipment seemed very low. Kind of aroused my suspicions a bit. Does that seem like a realistic offer for all that stuff?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
All those guys are silly. Can you believe the Hoffmans didn't make their lease payment, who the heck would buy a high track D-8 for the kind of work they are doing, why put the shaker far far away from the material, why are they trying to rip permafrost when they have an excavator, and why do they always stand so close to machinery when there is strain on chains and cables.

A bunch of dorks.

I came to the conclusion that the Hoffmans are Oregon hicks out chasing dreams of sugarplum fairies. My wife and I find their antics close to performance art, theater of the absurd, Keystone Cops of the Klondike. I sit in my comfy La-Z-boy chair and offer running commentary to my wife who laughs along with me. They lack every required bit of knowledge, skill and ability. Having planned and managed much larger projects, I'm sure they are scripted by someone who is making it all up - no one could be that stupid and live to tell about it. Having supervised salvage logging operations I was continually watching dummies like them standing too close to winch cables and chains. I almost lost my voice shouting when a dummy started to step over a cable from a D-7 when it stalled pulling a 9 foot diameter redwood log out of a creek. I sent him back to the correctional facility before he was killed.

The entire series could be used for a educational program on construction and project management, show a segment and discuss what they did wrong. Just one more unreal reality show.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 11/13/11.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 219DW, 66 invisible), 2,858 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,312
Posts18,487,270
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.