-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 46 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 45 46
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't help it Les, I'm not at home I'm in Elk Camp in SW Washington.

I don't have to worry about Baboon Butt as I'm staying in a nice warm farm house and have access to a hot shower every day, the Internet, and satellite TV with all the comforts of home. I'm really roughing it down here we even had a herd of Elk in the fields on opening morning. We had a 13 year boy take a 5x4 Rag Horn bull out of that herd and two others take cows out of the herd, they had cow tags.. I'm having a real nice vacation away from the wife.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Originally Posted by ingwe
Pot......is that you...?

signed; Kettle

Whatever do you mean, I Angelic compared the you buddy. grin Ask anyone here.

Les's nose is Growing. whistle

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Originally Posted by ingwe
Pot......is that you...?

signed; Kettle

Whatever do you mean, I Angelic compared the you buddy. grin Ask anyone here.

angelic....but your halo is supported by horns! wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JOG
My Dad, God bless him, my brother, and I were pheasant hunting in Kansas years ago. We stayed and received royal treatment at the home of one of Dad's submarine pards and his wife, Sam and Erma.

Sam and Erma had spent 10-years in Africa after the war, so the day before we left Erma whipped up some "African curry". I can't vouch for the authenticity of the meal, but I can vouch for Dad bragging that he crapped in four states on the way home the next day.

One of our pit stops in Missouri was a tiny gas station. Dad stayed in the truck at first while brother and I gassed up and stretched our legs. We also got to listen to an old gal complain about her doddering husband and how he had just ruined his new jacket. It seems he had suddenly become ablaze while burning the garden...

Anyhoo, Dad followed us into the gas station, and after rummaging through the meager inventory, produces the largest tub of vaseline known to man. I couldn't believe it - the tiny station had a few packs of smokes, a few scattered candy bars, and a huge tub of vaseline. Dad thunks the vaseline down on the counter, pays for it, and asks the young lady clerk where the bathroom is. The clerk points to a curtain about 3-feet away. Dad tucks the tub under his arm like a football and ducks through the curtain...

Brother and I paid for the gas and hustled through the exit, but not before we heard a P51 Mustang fire up its engine behind that curtain. The clerk just put her hands over her face and muttered, "Oh, my...".

After we all loaded into the truck and started down the road Dad broke the silence saying, "Well, only two states left to go."

One of the best...I had tears rolling and my sides hurt from laughing

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
no, sorry. You are right again, but I know what works for me. I'll pass on reading 60 pages on a case of monkey ass.

read it putz....it will do you good! wink dang stuffed shirts anyway....shaking head

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
...but I can vouch for Dad bragging that he crapped in four states on the way home the next day.
JOG,

I had a Dad like that, and he used to make me laugh like hell. I sure miss him.

Thanks for the belly laugh,

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just discovered this thread and read the whole thing. Thank you one and all for the laughter.

Richard

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The thread that keeps on giving!! grin

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So in the interest of furthering knowledge...

AK 2011 Day 4 into backpack sheep hunt. Baby wipes are a given. Also Aspercream (Menthol) for the aching joints.

Baby wipes as all gear are in tightly calculated supply - not two many of anything on a backpack sheep hunt.

So have a days of packing we settle our tent of a night and I recline for the evening toillette.

With me - the baby wipes, aspercream, tooth brush, paste and rifle.

Toothbrush & Paste get applied w/o any accident.

So, I get to the point of applying the aspercream to my knees - and wipe my hands on a babywipe, that then is set aside.

Some reminiscing and taking in the splendor of the surrounding gets me ready for the one act remaining...

this goes over well, thank you. Tissue, there, and application.

My Baboon was still caged at that point - but now came out roaring. And it was not soothed either, by the menthol later...

That was a tissue paid for with experience.

Pass on the menthol for treating baboons - the thrieve on the stuff.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Snork! laugh good one cmg!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys know my love for airplanes but since reading this thread the Merlin engine sound from a P-51 makes laugh!! laugh

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh Dave!!!! See what ironbender found!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
smile

The easy-to-carry size. I'm always trying to help.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by eyeball
no, sorry. You are right again, but I know what works for me. I'll pass on reading 60 pages on a case of monkey ass.

read it putz....it will do you good! wink dang stuffed shirts anyway....shaking head
Thanks eh76. Some great stories here.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh my...

Jumbo monkey wipes!! ROR!!

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Of course some of us don't require jumbo-size. But (pun there), for many of you, I'm sure that seeing them is a huge relief!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's appropriate that this thread comes to life once again, and provide a forum for another delicate issue I've been pondering...

A month or so ago I crunched a disk in my neck - I stepped in a hole pheasant hunting. I'm on the mend, but those that have BTDT will attest to the flaming nerve shooters down the arm and hand are less than fun. Having my shoulder hang a certain way was the biggest offender, and regrettably, my shoulder would hang in precisely that fashion whilst perched on a toilet seat.

Short of crapping my pants, hovering was the only option.

Hovering isn't as easy as it sounds. A certain appendage served admirably as a makeshift bomb sight, but if the bathroom was cold in the morning the triangulation would change and all bets were off. However, I have become quite skilled at the maneuver and I like my chances if any competition or Olympic event garner any interest. I check ESPN and the like once in a while, but so far no cookie.

So despite my improving condition, my question to the forum is whether or not I should continue practicing? I might even increase the challenge by hauling a ladder into the bathroom. It would seem a shame to let such an acquired skill fade.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Keep at it. Just another tool in the tool box, JOG!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

Originally Posted by JOG
It's appropriate that this thread comes to life once again, and provide a forum for another delicate issue I've been pondering...

A month or so ago I crunched a disk in my neck - I stepped in a hole pheasant hunting. I'm on the mend, but those that have BTDT will attest to the flaming nerve shooters down the arm and hand are less than fun. Having my shoulder hang a certain way was the biggest offender, and regrettably, my shoulder would hang in precisely that fashion whilst perched on a toilet seat.

Short of crapping my pants, hovering was the only option.

Hovering isn't as easy as it sounds. A certain appendage served admirably as a makeshift bomb sight, but if the bathroom was cold in the morning the triangulation would change and all bets were off. However, I have become quite skilled at the maneuver and I like my chances if any competition or Olympic event garner any interest. I check ESPN and the like once in a while, but so far no cookie.

So despite my improving condition, my question to the forum is whether or not I should continue practicing? I might even increase the challenge by hauling a ladder into the bathroom. It would seem a shame to let such an acquired skill fade.

Do you use the reverse stiff arm stance?

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Try sitting backwards, and prop your arms on the top of the tank.

Page 31 of 46 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (25aught6, 260madman, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1234, 260Remguy, 62 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,943
Posts18,519,124
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.