Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Gotta love an American's interpretation on Canadian history. smile

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Its always interesting to see the difference in Canadian history interpretations by the all the different Canadians. I doubt Montreal and BC will ever agree.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Montreal and BC both lean way too far to the left.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Back in the 70s my Mom told me that eastern Canada and Western Canada didn't like each other. She said there was a picture at one time of the Prime Minister (I think that is the correct term. Correct me please if I am wrong.)flipping the bird to Western Canada as he was heading back home. She said a survey was conducted that showed Western Canadians thinking they would be a part of the U.S. in 50 years. Not because of war, but because at the time they were more in line with the U.S. thinking than the eastern Canadians.

Now I don't believe that will ever happen. Besides who would want to be a part of the mess we are in now. The few times I have been in Canada the people were very pleasant. Some American locals could learn some manners by visiting there or the rural communities of the U.S. too for that matter.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
BC hasn't has an NDP government for a long long time.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Back in the 70s my Mom told me that eastern Canada and Western Canada didn't like each other. She said there was a picture at one time of the Prime Minister (I think that is the correct term. Correct me please if I am wrong.)flipping the bird to Western Canada as he was heading back home. She said a survey was conducted that showed Western Canadians thinking they would be a part of the U.S. in 50 years. Not because of war, but because at the time they were more in line with the U.S. thinking than the eastern Canadians.

Now I don't believe that will ever happen. Besides who would want to be a part of the mess we are in now. The few times I have been in Canada the people were very pleasant. Some American locals could learn some manners by visiting there or the rural communities of the U.S. too for that matter.

It's an "East vs. West" thing, much like in the USA. It's not that Western Canada wanted to join the US, it was more that the West thought that the Western Provinces could join with the Western States, primarily Wash. Ore. and Ca. and form our own country. They even had a name for it "Cascadia". In my business experience, I've found that we in BC often have more in common with the Pacific States than we have with Eastern Canada.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

Yeah, we had an east versus west thing here too. It was called the Rebellion of 1837. (There were two rebellions actually, but back in those daze, nobody kept score.)

They hanged a good friend of mine - Sam Lount, for insurrection against the Crown. There were other Americans involved too! They packed a bunch of them off to Australia. 'Tis true, arrrr!

[Linked Image]

Sam Lount and Peter Matthews - hanged on April 12, 1838!

Samuel Lount, blacksmith, businessman, politician and patriot was born in Catawissa, Pennsylvania on September 24th, 1791.

In 1815, he married Elizabeth Soules and the couple had seven children. The Lounts came to Upper Canada (Ontario) in 1818 and settled first in Newmarket where Samuel kept a tavern. He was a skilled woodsman and worked closely with his brother, George during the latter's survey of the townships of West Gwillimbury, Tecumseh, and Innisfil. From Newmarket the Lounts moved to Whitchurch, then to Holland Landing where they settled in 1822.
---

One thing I will say about the rebellion, the food was better than in 1812. British cooks suck at things like...um, cooking! (And to any Brits that may be tuning in, mutton and crap fried in mutton fat gets old, quick!)

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I don't know about that. I lived beside France for a few years. I often wondered if anyone would get upset if they were beamed off the planet. I asked Belgians, the Dutch, Germans, Brits and some Danes. They all said the same thing - No.

From that, I concluded that they wouldn't be missed.

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but many years ago I dated a rather cute French-Canadian lass from Montreal. On the days she woke up Canadian, she was quite pleasant. On the days she woke up French, she was utterly insufferable.

I am married to a French Canadian and I agree this statement. Sometimes they think they are more French than the French. LOL.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by LorenzoTX
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I don't know about that. I lived beside France for a few years. I often wondered if anyone would get upset if they were beamed off the planet. I asked Belgians, the Dutch, Germans, Brits and some Danes. They all said the same thing - No.

From that, I concluded that they wouldn't be missed.

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but many years ago I dated a rather cute French-Canadian lass from Montreal. On the days she woke up Canadian, she was quite pleasant. On the days she woke up French, she was utterly insufferable.

I am married to a French Canadian and I agree this statement. Sometimes they think they are more French than the French. LOL.

Two businessmen sitting in a Calgary bar discussing Montreal.
First businessman says : "The only good things that come from Montreal are prostitutes and hockey players."
Second Businessman: "Hey buddy, my wife's from Montreal, watch what you say."
Fist Businessman: "What team she play on ??" smile

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,468
Posts18,508,460
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.