Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by forester1
haven't found anything interesting hunting, but i found a pocket pus sy while fishing. spotted it about 100 ft away. as i moved closer thought it might have been a di ldo. Was a little rough from the sand, but still in good working order
Kind of brings new meaning to sex on the beach.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Alamosa
I came across the remains of an elk camp in the Sangre de Cristos about a month ago.
I found this original artwork on a toilet seat painted by some hunter.
[Linked Image]

I've found at least 4 nice knives (lost one of my own).

I always like finding arrowheads on game trails or crossings. Can't help but think about the guy's hunt that happened there decades or centuries before.

Found the remains of Kit Carson's cabin up behind the Sand Dunes. It's location is documented but it isn't well known.

Found a hollow spot in a mountain up near Silverton. When I kick the ground there it makes a low DOOOOOOONG kind of reverb sound and the ground vibrates. I always said I'd go back with a shovel and pick someday. Never did.

I've found an assortment of duck and goose decoys while waterfowl hunting. My spread looks like one from every brand now.
Done with finger paint?

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I found a Civil War bayonet sticking in the ground, 1/2 rusted away, while squirrel hunting once. Not all that unusual as it was in an area set up as a defensive position to cover Lee's retreat from Gettysburg, not far from the Potomac river. Subsequent trips yielded a bunch of Mini� balls and buttons, but it took a metal detector to find them. I like to think the stuff was all Confederate, but who knows?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
While hunting on my property I found a really nice Yamaha grizzly four wheeler with a really pretty young blonde girl setting on it, I thought to myself this has got to be my lucky day. Like really a pretty girl and a four wheeler on the same day, Well just my luck her boy friend showed up to claim both.

I gave him a trespassing ticket and sent them on there way. wink

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Peace and tranquility.
Total escape from that which is life.

+1

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Interesting thread.

We came around a bend on a wilderness trail way out in the wilds - and this almost made my girls jump out of their skin.
[Linked Image]

But -my girls soon found him to be friendly.
[Linked Image]

Someone went to a lot of trouble to make a good prank.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thats cool. Looks like everyone is packing bear spray.

Last edited by BrentD; 12/09/11.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
K
kawi Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Hunting an haystack and a deer horn in the tire.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Your door is ajar, your window is a spoon...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Fork you. A door is a door.. not ajar.....

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A door not ajar is a wall.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hard to keep the vittles in ajar, but a jar works better for storing eats,it is easy to close a door ajar and also easy to close a jar...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Yet its no easy task to jar a door.....

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
a old cracked 60 qt styro-foam cooler with new size 11 cowboy boots,in a plastic bag and a very old sandwich, laying in an old logging road

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While packing my truck to go home from a bowhunting trip this year I found a full grown German Shepherd sitting in my front seat as if he was ready to go for a drive. I made him get out and petted him. An SUV came up the gravel road in about 20 minutes looking for him.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
K
kawi Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Nope just an 800 doller rear tractor tire and i'em hunting the mice that have got the idia that bail twine is good. .177 cal.

6mm Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wasn't hunting, but when I was about 12 years old I was staying with my grandfather north of Roy Montana on the ranch. I would do that in the summer time for about a month helping him around the ranch.

We were moving cows back to the breaks and we came upon a really nice 5x5 mule deer buck skeleton hanging high up in a tree. It was hung up so the nose was at least 6 feet off the ground and was hanging by his rear legs. The complete skeleton was intact and was all bleached out. Hard to say how long it had been there. As anyone who has hunted the Missouri Breaks will agree, it is wild country and it's easy to lose your bearings. We guessed that some hunter shot this great big buck and he and his buddy put him way up off the ground to protect him from coyotes and other animals and would come back later to retrieve the deer. Likely they could not find the spot again so there he stayed.

Sure wished I would have had a camera with me. It was pretty darn neat. I imagine some poor hunter was just sick to himself after taking all that time to make sure his trophy didn't get eaten up, only to not be able to find him again.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My hunting buddy found a 4x4 buck that had died some months before.
The antlers have some crazy corkscrew twists at all 8 points.
Not sure if CWD got him or what. I bought the rack for the $50 bucks he owed me.
I'm not smart enough to post the pics. but shoot me a PM, I'll email them to one of you.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okhill
Someone's pot plants.
found that as well

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When I was pretty young me and a buddy found a case of dynamite hidden under a bridge. Never did learn what that was all about.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 6 invisible), 1,168 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,685
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.