Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
GeoW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not impressed...

Ruger American

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw it and that horseshit Walther knockoff. What happened? Did Mossberg take over?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
GeoW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looks to be a possibility.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Saw it and that horseshit Walther knockoff. What happened? Did Mossberg take over?

What, can't read or search, you dumbpuck? What a [bleep] idiot [bleep] you are for replying to this post. If you can't read or search, keep your [bleep] stupid mouth shut. [bleep]. What a stupid idiot... geez.

grin

2012 Ruger....

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like the offspring from a Savage that banged a Tikka. I'd buy one in 223 if has a 1 in 8" twist and shoots.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's the twisted sister of the Remington 877

Remington 877

Last edited by Bushmaster1313; 01/02/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It appears they are jumping on the Tikka style band wagon. I'm sure cost to manufacture plays a huge role in that gun's existence. I suppose some will like it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The looks do not appeal to me, but at the right price and with good accuracy it is probably a very serviceable rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first of many New Year's predictions:

You won't see this mentioned in the Custom Rifle forum.

Folks, you heard it here first.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The first of many New Year's predictions:

You won't see this mentioned in the Custom Rifle forum.

Folks, you heard it here first.

Jim in Idaho is wrong

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey, no fair! I want a do-over!

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Well, if it shoots.......

Nobody would be buying Tikkas if they we're so dang accurate.

I was hoarding when hoarding wasn't cool.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Looks like Ruger is falling for the "new" style of rifle.....I guess their R&D folks have to justify their pay....as for me, I will stick with my Hawkeye.

Have Gun, Will Travel. The more dust on the trail, the thicker the soup.
Life Member: NRA & VFW & Six Napoleons
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
adjustable trigger ,huh?
adjustable from what? 7 pounds up to "chit your pants"?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GeoW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Maybe it's a shooter, as ugly as it is, it better be. Looks like what I'd be lookin for at closing time wink

Truth be known, it's just a lower rung on the Ruger ladder so as to allow Ruger to increase the 77 price. That's all.

Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's not meant for the 77 crowd, it's meant for the kids like my nephew. He's got a new house, a wife and two kids, 200 acres and a tractor he's paying on, and not a lot of time or interest in a rifle he can't take time to baby. Plus, he works outside the farm (to afford the acreage and tractor). He doesn't have a lot of spare money to spend on a "nice" rifle, this will do what he needs done.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good for Ruger .... I'm not buying one, not because I don't like the concept, BUT I don't need a hunting rifle so chambered. My rifle needs (except rimfire ... can't get enough of those little bastids) are well met, I would not hesitate to have folks look into one if they need a rifle on a budget ....

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
It's not meant for the 77 crowd, it's meant for the kids like my nephew. He's got a new house, a wife and two kids, 200 acres and a tractor he's paying on, and not a lot of time or interest in a rifle he can't take time to baby. Plus, he works outside the farm (to afford the acreage and tractor). He doesn't have a lot of spare money to spend on a "nice" rifle, this will do what he needs done.
I don't buy into that bullshit at all. There are beaucoup QUALITY used rifles out there in this price range if money is a factor. A LOT of them. Even fairly new stuff if you're willing to bide your time and shop. And most manufacturers -- including Ruger -- have been offering deep incentives the past few years to entice new buyers. And I don't buy into your "scenario" either. "The 77 crowd." That's right, because we Model 77 owners are the top tier of society, with our Bentleys, Jaguars, Range Rovers, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. What a load of bullshit.

Ruger is apparently sucking hind tit with their sales if they're resorting to pandering to the Wal-Fart shopper and Mossberg shooter. They've never had an interest in that previously.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ruger is apparently sucking hind tit with their sales if they're resorting to pandering to the Wal-Fart shopper and Mossberg shooter. They've never had an interest in that previously.

That is just stupid. Seven or eight years ago, RUGER WAS THE WAL-MART RIFLE. Where do you think they sold all those ugly bolt paddle rifles? I remember seeing a stainless bolt paddle 77 at a local Wal-Mart for $460 in 2004. I almost bought it.

The point is, Ruger is trying to get back into a market it used to own but was pushed out of by all the cheap stuff. The Ruger 77 was for decades the cheaper alternative to the Model 70 and even less expensive than a 700, now it pretty much costs the same. That is a hard place for Ruger to be. The 77 is by no stretch of the imagination a budget rifle anymore, but it is not high end enough to inspire the gun snobs either.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good for Ruger.Looks like a great rifle for the non rifle loony. Ruger Hawkeye are not big sellers according to some of the suppliers. I think its a great business move for the company.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1lessdog, 19rabbit52, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 3,127 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,312
Posts18,526,268
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.