Home
Posted By: GeoW Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/03/12
Not impressed...

Ruger American
Saw it and that horseshit Walther knockoff. What happened? Did Mossberg take over?
Posted By: GeoW Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/03/12
Looks to be a possibility.
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Saw it and that horseshit Walther knockoff. What happened? Did Mossberg take over?

What, can't read or search, you dumbpuck? What a [bleep] idiot [bleep] you are for replying to this post. If you can't read or search, keep your [bleep] stupid mouth shut. [bleep]. What a stupid idiot... geez.

grin

2012 Ruger....
Looks like the offspring from a Savage that banged a Tikka. I'd buy one in 223 if has a 1 in 8" twist and shoots.
It's the twisted sister of the Remington 877

Remington 877
Posted By: Fifth Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/03/12
It appears they are jumping on the Tikka style band wagon. I'm sure cost to manufacture plays a huge role in that gun's existence. I suppose some will like it.
The looks do not appeal to me, but at the right price and with good accuracy it is probably a very serviceable rifle.
The first of many New Year's predictions:

You won't see this mentioned in the Custom Rifle forum.

Folks, you heard it here first.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho is wrong
Hey, no fair! I want a do-over!
Well, if it shoots.......

Nobody would be buying Tikkas if they we're so dang accurate.
Looks like Ruger is falling for the "new" style of rifle.....I guess their R&D folks have to justify their pay....as for me, I will stick with my Hawkeye.
adjustable trigger ,huh?
adjustable from what? 7 pounds up to "chit your pants"?

Posted By: GeoW Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/03/12
Maybe it's a shooter, as ugly as it is, it better be. Looks like what I'd be lookin for at closing time wink

Truth be known, it's just a lower rung on the Ruger ladder so as to allow Ruger to increase the 77 price. That's all.
It's not meant for the 77 crowd, it's meant for the kids like my nephew. He's got a new house, a wife and two kids, 200 acres and a tractor he's paying on, and not a lot of time or interest in a rifle he can't take time to baby. Plus, he works outside the farm (to afford the acreage and tractor). He doesn't have a lot of spare money to spend on a "nice" rifle, this will do what he needs done.
Good for Ruger .... I'm not buying one, not because I don't like the concept, BUT I don't need a hunting rifle so chambered. My rifle needs (except rimfire ... can't get enough of those little bastids) are well met, I would not hesitate to have folks look into one if they need a rifle on a budget ....
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
It's not meant for the 77 crowd, it's meant for the kids like my nephew. He's got a new house, a wife and two kids, 200 acres and a tractor he's paying on, and not a lot of time or interest in a rifle he can't take time to baby. Plus, he works outside the farm (to afford the acreage and tractor). He doesn't have a lot of spare money to spend on a "nice" rifle, this will do what he needs done.
I don't buy into that bullshit at all. There are beaucoup QUALITY used rifles out there in this price range if money is a factor. A LOT of them. Even fairly new stuff if you're willing to bide your time and shop. And most manufacturers -- including Ruger -- have been offering deep incentives the past few years to entice new buyers. And I don't buy into your "scenario" either. "The 77 crowd." That's right, because we Model 77 owners are the top tier of society, with our Bentleys, Jaguars, Range Rovers, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. What a load of bullshit.

Ruger is apparently sucking hind tit with their sales if they're resorting to pandering to the Wal-Fart shopper and Mossberg shooter. They've never had an interest in that previously.
Ruger is apparently sucking hind tit with their sales if they're resorting to pandering to the Wal-Fart shopper and Mossberg shooter. They've never had an interest in that previously.

That is just stupid. Seven or eight years ago, RUGER WAS THE WAL-MART RIFLE. Where do you think they sold all those ugly bolt paddle rifles? I remember seeing a stainless bolt paddle 77 at a local Wal-Mart for $460 in 2004. I almost bought it.

The point is, Ruger is trying to get back into a market it used to own but was pushed out of by all the cheap stuff. The Ruger 77 was for decades the cheaper alternative to the Model 70 and even less expensive than a 700, now it pretty much costs the same. That is a hard place for Ruger to be. The 77 is by no stretch of the imagination a budget rifle anymore, but it is not high end enough to inspire the gun snobs either.
Good for Ruger.Looks like a great rifle for the non rifle loony. Ruger Hawkeye are not big sellers according to some of the suppliers. I think its a great business move for the company.
Just looked at the exploded view .... where's the recoil lug?
They will outsell most at $400. I like em, allot.
Posted By: skit Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/03/12
thid old fudd plans on getting one!
I'm getting one in .308. The .308 doesn't excite me much and therefore, doesn't need an exciting rifle...just something that is dependable and accurate. I'm not even sure I'm going to hunt with it very much. I just want a bolt rifle in the extremely useful and popular .308. It will make a useful addition for "come what may" scenarios.
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
That is just stupid. Seven or eight years ago, RUGER WAS THE WAL-MART RIFLE. Where do you think they sold all those ugly bolt paddle rifles? I remember seeing a stainless bolt paddle 77 at a local Wal-Mart for $460 in 2004. I almost bought it.

The point is, Ruger is trying to get back into a market it used to own but was pushed out of by all the cheap stuff. The Ruger 77 was for decades the cheaper alternative to the Model 70 and even less expensive than a 700, now it pretty much costs the same. That is a hard place for Ruger to be. The 77 is by no stretch of the imagination a budget rifle anymore, but it is not high end enough to inspire the gun snobs either.
My comment wasn't stupid at all. The fact that it went way the f*ck over your head? Well, that's just WAYYYYYY beyond stupid.
My comment wasn't stupid at all. The fact that it went way the f*ck over your head? Well, that's just WAYYYYYY beyond stupid.

The fact that a company doesn't have to be sucking hind tit to look for new segments of the market to dominate or take over to increase revenue and profit when right over yours...

And your comment is kinda stupid. It ain't like they're cancelling the M77 or the Blackhawks to make LCPs and Ruger Americans... LOL.
All Ruger would have to do is ditch their crappy ring mounting system, and offer aluminum rings. Shedding a little weight would be nice too. Surprised they put all the effort into yet another model, but would ignore the 77's problems.
Maybe it's just me but after looking that rifle over carefully the safety button is too far back. In the safe position it'll be right in the way when you wrap your hand around the grip in a two hand carry.
Originally Posted by MattMan
The fact that a company doesn't have to be sucking hind tit to look for new segments of the market to dominate or take over to increase revenue and profit when right over yours...

And your comment is kinda stupid. It ain't like they're cancelling the M77 or the Blackhawks to make LCPs and Ruger Americans... LOL.
Your "spin" is sort of like the guy who falls down and busts his ass, but to save face says "I meant to do that." You're obviously too f*cking stupid to understand the original comment as well.

Of course, the fact that people of your ilk are too busy enjoying a gourmet meal of Funyuns and Milwaukee's Best to notice a regression in Ruger's product line doesn't surprise me in the least.

Ruger has discontinued several calibers and a few variations in the No. 1 line over the past few years. Do you see any left-handed stainless steel Model 77s either? Nope. They're gone. What about the Old Army black powder revolver? Nope, it's gone, too. Do you see ANY shotguns listed in Ruger's current product offering? NOPE. How about the .32 H&R Single Six? It's gone, too.

But they are expanding their Mini-14 offerings to the delight of the discerning mouth-breather everywhere. And now they've got a bolt action directed towards the same dickheaded, lowbrow crowd.

Ruger has discontinued several calibers and a few variations in the No. 1 line over the past few years. Do you see any left-handed stainless steel Model 77s either? Nope. They're gone. What about the Old Army black powder revolver? Nope, it's gone, too. Do you see ANY shotguns listed in Ruger's current product offering? NOPE. How about the .32 H&R Single Six? It's gone, too.

But they are expanding their Mini-14 offerings to the delight of the discerning mouth-breather everywhere. And now they've got a bolt action directed towards the same dickheaded, lowbrow crowd.

So your suggested business plan to Ruger is to continue to market the same products they always have whether they sell or not? You'd be wise to remember that Ruger discontinues caliber ALL the time. 41 Mag has been "discontinued" like 10 times. Then they make another run.

Don't think that would work any better for them than it did for landline phone companies, General Motors, or Kodak...

Ain't hard to figure out who the dipshchitt is in this conversation.
When it is available in left-hand and stainless, call me.

So your suggested business plan to Ruger is to continue to market the same products they always have whether they sell or not? You'd be wise to remember that Ruger discontinues caliber ALL the time. 41 Mag has been "discontinued" like 10 times. Then they make another run.

Don't think that would work any better for them than it did for landline phone companies, General Motors, or Kodak...
I can see it now. In a year Ruger will introduce -- WAIT -- the Ruger Comrade�!!!!! Based on the rugged and proven SKS of the Cold War era, the Ruger Comrade� brings sportsmen an affordable and reliable semiautomatic rifle suitable for North American hunting made entirely in the U.S.A.! And the usual crowd of ass-lickers will be out here beating the drums about how this is the perfect rifle for their inbred cousin who wants to hunt, but between the payments on his trailer, a new Hyundai, and putting potted meat on the table, just can't afford anything as pricey as a Mini 30 or Remington 7400. What a load of bullshit.

Ain't hard to figure out who the dipshchitt is in this conversation.
That would be you, little man. Your "creative" spin is Ruger makes these [bleep] products because they're trying to capture new segments of the "market." It doesn't seem to matter if the item possesses any sort of quality or potential longevity, it's not an improvement on any existing Ruger products. Your view is it's "new," therefore it must be "good."

Not getting dysentary is good. Trying to make sense of your "logic" is not.
Comb out the corn rolls and use your head....

The MKI, the M77, the Red Label, the Blackhawk, etc..... were all "Cheap knock-offs" they day they hit the stands.

You are a dumbphuckdeluxe, who doesn't even know if a 6.5 Rem Mag will cycle through a WSM action. Get over it.
Looks to me ruger is taking a stab at the 400 dollar plastic, disposable rifle market.

Sorta looks like a tikka, browning, mossberg and savage all rolled into one..... not sure how to describe it really.

If I had 400 bucks BURNING a hot hole in a pocket.... I would buy shoot and tell here.

If they shoot like my brothers 7mm rem mag tikka, wich is very good, that will be there foot in the door.

Posted By: Brad Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/06/12
Originally Posted by GeoW
Not impressed...

Ruger American

Goes to prove no one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American Public...
dumbphuckdeluxe

I'm sorry but that is a sweet word....grin
Comb out the corn rolls and use your head....

The MKI, the M77, the Red Label, the Blackhawk, etc..... were all "Cheap knock-offs" they day they hit the stands.

You are a dumbphuckdeluxe, who doesn't even know if a 6.5 Rem Mag will cycle through a WSM action. Get over it.
Yeah, you're getting excited just thinking about Ruger's SKS, aren't you? That'll be something for you to talk over at your next family reunion, better known as "date night" in your circles.

I'm going to ask Ruger for a piece of the Comrade� action when it becomes a reality.
Takes number two to

[bleep]. cry grin
Originally Posted by SamOlson
dumbphuckdeluxe
I'm sorry but that is a sweet word....grin
But not as sweet as the hard hitting and American-made Ruger Comrade�!!! Proven on the battlefields throughout the Cold War and now available in an attractive package for the budget-minded sportsman, the Ruger Comrade� proves great value can come in a quality, semiautomatic rifle capable of any big game hunt!
What is up with this cat?
Re-barrel a WSM or SAUM to 6.5 Remington Magnum

The title says it. Has anyone done it? Any reason it wouldn't be feasible?

Wonder if they'll chamber the Ruger American in any of those.

Worse yet, they probably won't ship to cornrollersincali...

[Linked Image]
Piss on brothers and sisters!!!
Re-barrel a WSM or SAUM to 6.5 Remington Magnum

The title says it. Has anyone done it? Any reason it wouldn't be feasible?
Wonder if they'll chamber the Ruger American in any of those.

Worse yet, they probably won't ship to cornrollersincali...

[Linked Image]
Don't go away mad, little man, just go away. You know, maybe Ruger is planning on a version of the Makarov, too! I'll bet that makes you all stiff and warm, huh?
Only if it'll ship USPS to Cornrollifornia, I HATE dem rules at UPS and Fedex.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

I've wondered the same thing many times. He obviously has some serious issues that he needs to have addresses by a professional. If you don't agree 100% with him he will call you names and use obsene languange with you. I can't believe the moderators allow him to remain on this site as while he may contribute some to the site his behavior and language turns many people away.

As for the Ruger American rifle it's not something that I would want but I see a big nich for it in the shooting market today.

And why do you think Ruger is dropping cetain No1's and other guns? DO you think they discontinue them because they are selling to many of them? No they are dropping them because they are not selling anymore. The Ruger Old Army was a cool gun but how many do you think they really sold? IF they were selling good they would still be making them.
Originally Posted by candyass
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I can't believe the moderators allow him to remain on this site as while he may contribute some to the site his behavior and language turns many people away.
Would you like some cheese with your WHINE?
Originally Posted by reelman
IF they were selling good they would still be making them.

Bingo.

Think Delorian. GREAT concept. NO BUYERS.
Ford Festiva. SCHITTBOXXDELUXE. LOTS OF BUYERS.

Who made more coin?

Originally Posted by AssMan
Originally Posted by candyass
IF they were selling good they would still be making them.
Bingo.

Think Delorian. GREAT concept. NO BUYERS.
Ford Festiva. SCHITTBOXXDELUXE. LOTS OF BUYERS.

Who made more coin?
Once again, two cornhole sniffers unite for some mutual poking and scratching. And speculating. But not much else.

I really tried to like the Mini series of rifles. I even bought into the line that adding a good barrel and pillar bedding would cure all ills. I had a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle re-barreled to 6x45mm, pillar bedded, and the trigger worked over by Accuracy Rifle Systems. I topped it with a Burris 3x9 Signature scope. It shot great -- for a Mini. I could get about 1.5 MOA to 2 MOA after all that -- the same as my iron-sighted AR15. I sent it packing a few years ago, though I did hang on to my AC556.

So you're a wannabe corn-holing, I mean rolling, mouth-breather, who is one of the people in the lower 48 willing to dump the cash to actually re-chamber a mini-14, AND chose a RUGER AC556?

WOW. Did you have the work done locally? If not, who shipped it, and was it described and insured accurately with the carrier of choice?

I like these:

https://www.storesonlinepro.com/store/2085405/?sitecookie=242c64d46bdeae39ee4b1b2f4bbcb2ae

Definitely made in U.S.A. and a very good product.

Mebbe I should buy summa yo jeeenz beeeforze I go judgin' dem gunz.

There's nothing wrong with a low cost, no muss, rifle. Not everyone can afford a new Cooper. I hope they sell quite a few.

Not everyone is a rifle nut. Some want one they pull out, shoot a few times and go chase deer. this one will meet that need and then some.

WRT Bricktop, 24hrcampfire has an ignore function. I like it a lot. Others should consider it, and move on.
Posted By: 6mm Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/06/12
Not sure I personally care for the looks of that new Ruger rifle very much myself, but I do know one thing Ruger really got right here recently!! smile They are making their Hawkeye stainless sporter with the great laminate stock in .280 Remington this year! Thank you RUGER!!
I'm going to save my $$$ and buy one this spring or early summer.
I just checked with my micrometer cleaning rod and got 1-in-14.000015" median value with a S.D. of 0.00032 after I checked five different times.

The last time it was checked (the micrometer cleaning rod) for accuracy was 7-1-11 and its calibration is good for three years from that date as guaranteed by the U.S. Bureau of Weights & Standards.

What brand is that cleaning rod and where in THE [bleep] do I get one that measures to the five-millionths of an inch?

I been using a damn tape measure. And can't decide betwixt 130s and 140s until I know if my 260 is twisted 1-in-7.999995" or 1-in-8.000005".

HELP MISTEEERR WIZAAAAARD!!!
OK, I gotta stop. I feel like I'm picking on the special needs kid at the bus stop.

Glad to see Ruger take on the Savage/Tikka/Remschitt market all at once at what is likely a Stevens price, all made in USA.

Hope they make a mint...
Glad to see Ruger take on the Savage/Tikka/Remschitt market all at once at what is likely a Stevens price, all made in USA.
And you'll very likely be beating the drums in support of Ruger when they start making a version of the SKS. Or a Ruger-themed Hi Point. Made in U.S.A.
Posted By: jim62 Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/06/12

Why?

Have you even looked at the rifles features before slamming it?

You proably own't see it on the "Custom rifles" forum here, since Ruger will not need a $500+ McMillan Edge on it. At 6.25lbs in a long action- it's light enough already?.

It also won't need any bedding , because that stock is already pillared and floated right out of the box.. Unlike 90% of the m77s or No 1 rifles that Ruger has ever made in the past.

The trigger won't need to be adjusted by a 'smith either-it adjusts down to a crisp 2.5Lbs with a screwdriver. It will probably feed reliably due to the polymer rotary mag which the Finns were not even smart enough to come up with during their last 20 years of constant redesigns.. No need to call Darcy Echols to get it to feed. Damn the luck.

The stock on that new Ruger is already better looking in terms of it's basic lines than half of McMillan's current sporter offerings.

I guess if you wanted that Ruger to be as ugly most rifles of the glass stocked rifles on the custom forums, you COULD pay someone to paint a baby puke colored "McSwirly" looking paint job on the stock.

Yeah- you won't see that Ruger on the Custom rifles forums because that rifle probably DOES NOT need 2 to 5K worth of "look at me" done to it just to shoot and function well.

You heard it here first. wink
I'm a big Ruger fan,and will probably get one when it comes out in some sort of 7MM.

I can see it topped with an FX III 6X sitting under the seat in my work truck.
Mike
Originally Posted by avagadro
Just looked at the exploded view .... where's the recoil lug?

Had the same question. I t looks like the stainless bedding blocks act as the recoil lugs. The screws that hold the action to the stock run through them.
Seems to me the Ruger American is going to be a good value for the price, with lots going for it. At $449 MSRP, it should retail for well under that.

Not sure I'm a fan of the bolt but that was a cost consideration, I'm sure. Bedded, free-floated, adjustable trigger, light-weight, detachable magazine, tang safety, soft recoil pad, Weaver scope mounts, low cost - if it shoots like my other Rugers I think Ruger has a winner that will attract a lot of hunters.

Granted, its not going to steal much business from Kimber, Cooper, Montana, NULA, etc, but it isn't designed for that market. On the other hand, I think it will do well against the Stevens, Marlin and Savage entry level offerings.

While I won't be rushing out to buy one, I won't be rushing out to buy anything else, either. An accurate and reliable 6.25 pound .30-06 or .270 for elk hunting for under $400 retail? That has my interest. (Not that I need another elk rifle...)
And you'll very likely be beating the drums in support of Ruger when they start making a version of the SKS. Or a Ruger-themed Hi Point. Made in U.S.A.

You would be great on their marketing team. "Let's keep making guns that nobody wants to buy anymore because I like them." If there is a market for a US made SKS (even though there isn't) why not make them? HiPoints aint my cup of tea but obviously enough people like them that they sell a ton of them.

You do realize that there are opinions other than yours don't you?
HiPoints aint my cup of tea but obviously enough people like them that they sell a ton of them.
Jesus H. Christ.
Posted By: sabot Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/06/12
Originally Posted by jim62

Why?

You proably own't see it on the "Custom rifles" forum here, since Ruger will not need a $500+ McMillan Edge on it. At 6.25lbs in a long action- it's light enough already?.

It also won't need any bedding , because that stock is already pillared and floated right out of the box.. Unlike 90% of the m77s or No 1 rifles that Ruger has ever made in the past.

The trigger won't need to be adjusted by a 'smith either-it adjusts down to a crisp 2.5Lbs with a screwdriver. It will probably feed reliably due to the polymer rotary mag which the Finns were not even smart enough to come up with during their last 20 years of constant redesigns.. No need to call Darcy Echols to get it to feed. Damn the luck.

The stock on that new Ruger is already better looking in terms of it's basic lines than half of McMillan's current sporter offerings.

I guess if you wanted that Ruger to be as ugly most rifles of the glass stocked rifles on the custom forums, you COULD pay someone to paint a baby puke colored "McSwirly" looking paint job on the stock.

Yeah- you won't see that Ruger on the Custom rifles forums because that rifle probably DOES NOT need 2 to 5K worth of "look at me" done to it just to shoot and function well.

+1
Originally Posted by sabot

Why?

+1
I'm kind of curious if any of the pogues singing the praises of Ruger's latest "innovation" will actually put their money where their mouths are. You ladies talk a good game, but I have a feeling if it came down to it, your attitude's going to be "It's a nice rifle -- for someone else."

Why?

+1
I'm kind of curious if any of the pogues singing the praises of Ruger's latest "innovation" will actually put their money where their mouths are. You ladies talk a good game, but I have a feeling if it came down to it, your attitude's going to be "It's a nice rifle -- for someone else."

No Schit Sherlock! That's what we are saying, it will be a nice gun for the masses. Generally speaking those of us on a gun site are not the masses, we are more rifle looneys. You are just looney!
I'll probably buy one. I'm kind of tired of having $15,000 worth of rifles in my safe that don't shoot any better than a $300 Savage.
Not many rifle loony's out here in rural upstate NY. Most of the hunters you'll run into here will be carrying a relatively inexpensive, off the shelf rifle chambered in one of the "big five" rifle cartridges and be perfectly happy with it. Savage 110's, Remington 700 synthetic/ADL's , 760's/7600's and Marlin/Winchester lever actions are what I see the most of. I expect the new Ruger will fit right in and do well with "average Joe". Some of these guys are damned good, knowledgeable hunters too and will take multiple deer out of the woods year after year using their "cheap" equipment.
No Schit Sherlock! That's what we are saying, it will be a nice gun for the masses. Generally speaking those of us on a gun site are not the masses, we are more rifle looneys. You are just looney!
So exactly what is it you're trying to gain by beating the drums and singing the praises of the Ruger tent stake? Suckass of the Year? You've got my vote. You're just a typical self-important internet dumbass. Long on advice, short on experience. But I will give you this: you're smart enough not to take your "advice."
So exactly what is it you're trying to gain by beating the drums and singing the praises of the Ruger tent stake? Suckass of the Year? You've got my vote. You're just a typical self-important internet dumbass. Long on advice, short on experience. But I will give you this: you're smart enough not to take your "advice."

I'm not trying to gain anything, I'm just pointing out that this new rifle fills a need that Ruger has not been in the market of before.

The rest of your post is much more indicative of you than anyone else on this forum. You think you are the end all to every discusion, if it's not your way it's wrong in your mind.
I'm just pointing out that this new rifle fills a need that Ruger has not been in the market of before.
What "NEED"? What f*cking "NEED"? Is there ANYONE -- ANYONE AT ALL -- who NEEDS this? This is Ruger's way of saying "We give up. We're out of ideas for new products, so now we're going to focus on the lowest common denominator of the public." You know, for people like you. But you've already said you aren't going to buy one.

Hopefully this and that stupid SR22 go the way of the PC9/PC40 and 77/50 muzzleloader.
here is a link to more info and a video

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...m-ruger-with-v-block-and-safety-trigger/

anyone wanna take bets that this new gun will be quite a bit more accurate than the M77?? I think its going to be. the action is a port style solid on top, I think this helps accuracy more than alot of people think. bedding blocks and barrel free floating are a plus. I predict this gun will likely shoot at least MOA or better out of the box for most people. add in the user adjustable trigger and the free floated barrel, you just fixed most of the things that needed attention on the m77. they also departed with the ruger rings setup. although the rail system tikka has is an advantage the RAR does not have.

its clear this gun isn't designed to customize. the v block setup will likely make it difficult for other companies to offer aftermarket stocks.

Why?

+1

Congratulations. you managed to get through an entire post without using the f bomb.
I'm just pointing out that this new rifle fills a need that Ruger has not been in the market of before.
What "NEED"? What f*cking "NEED"? Is there ANYONE -- ANYONE AT ALL -- who NEEDS this? This is Ruger's way of saying "We give up. We're out of ideas for new products, so now we're going to focus on the lowest common denominator of the public." You know, for people like you. But you've already said you aren't going to buy one.

Hopefully this and that stupid SR22 go the way of the PC9/PC40 and 77/50 muzzleloader.

Dude you need to go have your issues addressed by a profesional, you have some serious issues you need to resolve before you should be allowed to interact with other people!

It's called marketing! There are a lot of hunters who want, or need due to economic reasons, a decent low cost rifle to go deer hunting with. This rifle fills that bill to a "T"! Look at the Tikkas and Savage Axis rifles that have been sold lately. I bet a lot more low end rifles have been sold than the higher end stuff we prefer. Do you suggest that Ruger just ignore and entire group of shooters as to satisfy your ego? The money Ruger makes from this rifle can be used for R&D to possibly make more guns you and I would be interested in.
Originally Posted by southtexas
Congratulations. you managed to get through an entire post without using the f bomb.
What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?
Opps. Well at least you were able to express yourslf in a civil, adult manner once.

And BTW, given all your Ruger bashing; The real measure of a company['s success is its return to its stockholders. Ruger stock is up over 100% in the last year. Not too shabby in today's environment, AND for a company serving a "mature" market.
Opps. Well at least you were able to express yourslf in a civil, adult manner once.

And BTW, given all your Ruger bashing; The real measure of a company['s success is its return to its stockholders. Ruger stock is up over 100% in the last year. Not too shabby in today's environment, AND for a company serving a "mature" market.

And that's why bricktop doesn't like them because he is far from marure! LOL!
Well at least you were able to express yourslf in a civil, adult manner once.
Oh I'm civil, I'm the civilest [bleep]*cker there is. Any-f*cking-where. How's that for some civil bullshit?
Can I provide you with the names of some reputable shrinks?
It might have a subliminal effect -- on them.

Why?

I'm curious why you got so angry and assumed it was a slam?
Ruger, rather belatedly, has seen the market shift to less costly rifles, and addressed that. I don't see it as a bad thing. The rifle's lines are better than most of the other "budget, entry-level" guns out there, too. There's not much innovation, but in that price level, I doubt anyone's looking for much of that.
I have "enough" deer rifles, I don't need one, and probably won't buy one, but I can, objectively see the market, and the Ruger name won't be tarnished by it.
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Ruger, rather belatedly, has seen the market shift to less costly rifles, and addressed that. I don't see it as a bad thing. The rifle's lines are better than most of the other "budget, entry-level" guns out there, too. There's not much innovation, but in that price level, I doubt anyone's looking for much of that.
I have "enough" deer rifles, I don't need one, and probably won't buy one, but I can, objectively see the market, and the Ruger name won't be tarnished by it.

Not only will the Ruger name not be tarnished but many of these economy rifle buyers will eventually want a nicer rifle and my bet is that many of them will upgrade to a M77 since they will have been happy with the low priced Ruger.
ruger barrels are hammer forged so its going to be the same barrel that goes on a 77. if the trigger is decent and the stock free floats the barrel i will guess it going to be a very accurate rifle.
not pretty but accurate. as well the rotary magazine reminds me of the Steyr M series and they fed like snot on hot greased glass.
Posted By: Brad Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/06/12
Originally Posted by ringworm
i will guess it going to be a very accurate rifle.

That is a WAG.

Is this rifle made in two action lengths? Looking at the photos of this rifle the magazine may not enable top loading either!
I don't see how the folks who like it say it's gonna be great or how the folks who don't like it say it's gonna be garbage.

Nobody has even seen one yet.

Personally, I think it looks like schit and I won't be buying one, but that doesn't mean it won't be a decent rifle....or not.

JM
C'mon, JM, you HAVE to notice the resemblance between it and the X-Bolt, right? laugh

Short bolt lift, detestable magazine, lotsa plastic........
Posted By: jim62 Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/07/12
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I don't see how the folks who like it say it's gonna be great or how the folks who don't like it say it's gonna be garbage.

Nobody has even seen one yet.

Personally, I think it looks like schit and I won't be buying one, but that doesn't mean it won't be a decent rifle....or not.

JM

John,

I respectfully disagree. Since you are the owner of a Browning X-bolt rifle your comments on the looks of that Ruger is even more baffeling.

A full video review of the gun is p[osted at Gunblast.com.
It clearly shows all the features of the rifle.

It is NOT ugly. A Remingon 710 is ugly. Savage 110 actions are Ugly.And that is not due to surface aesthetics but their basic lines.
It you were to take a solid Black Silhouette cutout of that Ruger and compare it to the sihlouettes of many Classic rifles, most folks would pick that that Ruger.It sure would not stick out as a dog.

The total styling of it as sure as hell no more weird than any Browning Synthetic stocked X-Bolt(or A bolt,Tikka T-3 or Sako A7 for that matter)

As to the way they will shoot-the basic design of this rifles action and stock bedding is the same as a $8,000 Jarret Tri-lock. How bad could Ruger's QC screw that up?

I'm thinking I might buy one. Wonder when they will be available?
Posted By: jim62 Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/07/12
They say they will start shipping in January.

I'd like to get one in .243

It would make a good 'yote rig.
From what I see you be able to buy one from several wholeseller's for right at $300 ain't out too much I suppose
I never met a gun I didn't like. Looks like no matter what caliber you get, its gonna be a long action like the Tikka. I don't own a Tikka, but if they make this gun in left hand I'll probably end up owning one in .30-06 because I like Ruger. It'll make a good pig gun and it could run around on the quad without me worrying to much about it.
Where are you getting the idea they are all long actions ? Ruger's specs say the .243 and .308 have an OAL .5" shorter than the .270 and .30-06. Since they all have 22" barrels, it would seem the difference must be in the action
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Where are you getting the idea they are all long actions ? Ruger's specs say the .243 and .308 have an OAL .5" shorter than the .270 and .30-06. Since they all have 22" barrels, it would seem the difference must be in the action

You're right. I coulda swore when I looked at the specs yesterday that they were all the same length.
I'm interested to see what COAL the magazine allows. Hopefully it will be 2.9" or so like the 77 and not cramp the short action rounds.

Then a fellow could buy a barrel costing more than the rifle and make a long .257 Roberts AI out of it... wink

The more I look at this and the individual design features the more it grows on me. Hope they make'em in left hand before too long, I'd like to get one in .243 just to try out.
Posted By: Moses Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/07/12
I'd buy the Marlin XS7/XL7 at $319 and skip this one.
It certainly looks like an X-Bolt.

Aesthetically, a black rifle with a black stock has the appeal of a white wall tire, especially ones with tire treads on the forearm and grip. Doesn't matter who makes it. Just my opinion.

The X-Bolt doesn't look too spiffy either, but it handles better than any rifle Browning has made. They are shooters and mine has been reliable.

This one may or may not be the same way. You still have to get your hands on it to know what you've got.

Just because it has V-Lock bedding doesn't mean anything, unless it is done right.

Point being, everything is conjecture at this point regarding performance. Of course, there could be features that appeal to some.

And Ratsmacker, the only plastic on an X-Bolt is the rotary mag.

Keep trying pard, you will accidentally be right about something one day. laugh wink

Only guys that say, "Excuse me, I gotta go tinkle now," would own a rifle named Tikka.

Look at the new Tikka Sporter:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As Eric Cartman would say, "That's so gay!"

Looks like a cross between a BMW jack handle, an Eames Molded Plywood Chair and a boot scraper. What a ridiculous piece of Euro-trash posing as a rifle.

I'll take the Ruger every day. Hell I may buy one just for fun, maybe I'll put a sticker on it that says, "I could have bought a Tikka, but I'm a straight American."

Okay, see you later.

Tikka! [Linked Image]
Can,t believe there is no 22-250 or 223 option in this line up
I'd go for a Vanguard, way before the Ruger.
It might have a subliminal effect -- on them.

Pricktop,
Legend in his spare time:)
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Can,t believe there is no 22-250 or 223 option in this line up

Give'em time, they just intro-ed it this week! If sales justify it, they'll come.
No one has posted a pic of the Ruger American so here it is:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: semi Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/08/12
From the outside looking in ruger did this to have a 400 rifle to compete with the other 400 dollar offerings. No more, no less
Originally Posted by Taconic11
I'd go for a Vanguard, way before the Ruger.
+1
Hope Ruger makes it. still would go for the Vanguard.
I'm gonna bet this rifle puts a very big dent in Finn made Tikka and Japanese made Vanguard sales.
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by ringworm
i will guess it going to be a very accurate rifle.

That is a WAG.

No, to the contrary.
Ruger uses Colh Hammer Forging to make its barrels.
HF produces barrels of very exacting standards. Unlike production cut rifled barrels that vary from barrel to barrel.
thats why most, if not all, of the most accurate production rifles on the market are CHF.
blaser, Sako, Steyr, tikka ect.
ACCURATE means repeatable. ACCURATE means consistancy.
"IF" the barrel is floated and the trigger is decent the rifle has a very high potential for repeatable shots.
But i'm not here to argue it. You guys have your "set".
if its not a kimber with a 6x leupold sitting in talleys and shooting barnes bullets...

The fact that ruger may actually be the first American company to pull thier collective heads out of thier ass's and follow european methodology with regards to rifle making is lost to your crowd.
My Honest appraisal falls on deaf ears.
Its an american tikka, thats all.
Injection molded stock, hammer forged barrel, adjustable "accue-trigger" trigger, tang safety, STEYR -ISH rotary magazine...
MSRP @ $450 puts it on the shelves at $375. I am not guessing... ITS GONNA SELL!
Posted By: Daveh Re: Seen the new Ruger bolt gun? - 01/09/12
If one of the local emporiums sells them for 350ish i'll buy one and report.
I already have 3 Marlin XL7 and a Tikka and a A7.
When I seen the title, I had a round top tang safety in mind...Boy was I wrong.
Me thinks we will see a revamped T3 sooner than later.....
Wonder if they'll make it in LH. Ruger's been good about those offerings in the last 10-15 years.
Looks okay.
But seems like they are trying to play off the tikka.
Just doesn't look like a Ruger rifle.
© 24hourcampfire