Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reelman
HiPoints aint my cup of tea but obviously enough people like them that they sell a ton of them.
Jesus H. Christ.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
HR IC

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The first of many New Year's predictions:

You won't see this mentioned in the Custom Rifle forum.

Folks, you heard it here first.

Why?

Have you even looked at the rifles features before slamming it?

You proably own't see it on the "Custom rifles" forum here, since Ruger will not need a $500+ McMillan Edge on it. At 6.25lbs in a long action- it's light enough already?.

It also won't need any bedding , because that stock is already pillared and floated right out of the box.. Unlike 90% of the m77s or No 1 rifles that Ruger has ever made in the past.

The trigger won't need to be adjusted by a 'smith either-it adjusts down to a crisp 2.5Lbs with a screwdriver. It will probably feed reliably due to the polymer rotary mag which the Finns were not even smart enough to come up with during their last 20 years of constant redesigns.. No need to call Darcy Echols to get it to feed. Damn the luck.

The stock on that new Ruger is already better looking in terms of it's basic lines than half of McMillan's current sporter offerings.

I guess if you wanted that Ruger to be as ugly most rifles of the glass stocked rifles on the custom forums, you COULD pay someone to paint a baby puke colored "McSwirly" looking paint job on the stock.

Yeah- you won't see that Ruger on the Custom rifles forums because that rifle probably DOES NOT need 2 to 5K worth of "look at me" done to it just to shoot and function well.

You heard it here first. wink

+1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sabot

Why?

You proably own't see it on the "Custom rifles" forum here, since Ruger will not need a $500+ McMillan Edge on it. At 6.25lbs in a long action- it's light enough already?.

It also won't need any bedding , because that stock is already pillared and floated right out of the box.. Unlike 90% of the m77s or No 1 rifles that Ruger has ever made in the past.

The trigger won't need to be adjusted by a 'smith either-it adjusts down to a crisp 2.5Lbs with a screwdriver. It will probably feed reliably due to the polymer rotary mag which the Finns were not even smart enough to come up with during their last 20 years of constant redesigns.. No need to call Darcy Echols to get it to feed. Damn the luck.

The stock on that new Ruger is already better looking in terms of it's basic lines than half of McMillan's current sporter offerings.

I guess if you wanted that Ruger to be as ugly most rifles of the glass stocked rifles on the custom forums, you COULD pay someone to paint a baby puke colored "McSwirly" looking paint job on the stock.

Yeah- you won't see that Ruger on the Custom rifles forums because that rifle probably DOES NOT need 2 to 5K worth of "look at me" done to it just to shoot and function well.

+1
I'm kind of curious if any of the pogues singing the praises of Ruger's latest "innovation" will actually put their money where their mouths are. You ladies talk a good game, but I have a feeling if it came down to it, your attitude's going to be "It's a nice rifle -- for someone else."

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Bricktop

Why?

+1
I'm kind of curious if any of the pogues singing the praises of Ruger's latest "innovation" will actually put their money where their mouths are. You ladies talk a good game, but I have a feeling if it came down to it, your attitude's going to be "It's a nice rifle -- for someone else."

No Schit Sherlock! That's what we are saying, it will be a nice gun for the masses. Generally speaking those of us on a gun site are not the masses, we are more rifle looneys. You are just looney!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'll probably buy one. I'm kind of tired of having $15,000 worth of rifles in my safe that don't shoot any better than a $300 Savage.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Not many rifle loony's out here in rural upstate NY. Most of the hunters you'll run into here will be carrying a relatively inexpensive, off the shelf rifle chambered in one of the "big five" rifle cartridges and be perfectly happy with it. Savage 110's, Remington 700 synthetic/ADL's , 760's/7600's and Marlin/Winchester lever actions are what I see the most of. I expect the new Ruger will fit right in and do well with "average Joe". Some of these guys are damned good, knowledgeable hunters too and will take multiple deer out of the woods year after year using their "cheap" equipment.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No Schit Sherlock! That's what we are saying, it will be a nice gun for the masses. Generally speaking those of us on a gun site are not the masses, we are more rifle looneys. You are just looney!
So exactly what is it you're trying to gain by beating the drums and singing the praises of the Ruger tent stake? Suckass of the Year? You've got my vote. You're just a typical self-important internet dumbass. Long on advice, short on experience. But I will give you this: you're smart enough not to take your "advice."

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
So exactly what is it you're trying to gain by beating the drums and singing the praises of the Ruger tent stake? Suckass of the Year? You've got my vote. You're just a typical self-important internet dumbass. Long on advice, short on experience. But I will give you this: you're smart enough not to take your "advice."

I'm not trying to gain anything, I'm just pointing out that this new rifle fills a need that Ruger has not been in the market of before.

The rest of your post is much more indicative of you than anyone else on this forum. You think you are the end all to every discusion, if it's not your way it's wrong in your mind.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm just pointing out that this new rifle fills a need that Ruger has not been in the market of before.
What "NEED"? What f*cking "NEED"? Is there ANYONE -- ANYONE AT ALL -- who NEEDS this? This is Ruger's way of saying "We give up. We're out of ideas for new products, so now we're going to focus on the lowest common denominator of the public." You know, for people like you. But you've already said you aren't going to buy one.

Hopefully this and that stupid SR22 go the way of the PC9/PC40 and 77/50 muzzleloader.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
here is a link to more info and a video

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...m-ruger-with-v-block-and-safety-trigger/

anyone wanna take bets that this new gun will be quite a bit more accurate than the M77?? I think its going to be. the action is a port style solid on top, I think this helps accuracy more than alot of people think. bedding blocks and barrel free floating are a plus. I predict this gun will likely shoot at least MOA or better out of the box for most people. add in the user adjustable trigger and the free floated barrel, you just fixed most of the things that needed attention on the m77. they also departed with the ruger rings setup. although the rail system tikka has is an advantage the RAR does not have.

its clear this gun isn't designed to customize. the v block setup will likely make it difficult for other companies to offer aftermarket stocks.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Why?

+1

Congratulations. you managed to get through an entire post without using the f bomb.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm just pointing out that this new rifle fills a need that Ruger has not been in the market of before.
What "NEED"? What f*cking "NEED"? Is there ANYONE -- ANYONE AT ALL -- who NEEDS this? This is Ruger's way of saying "We give up. We're out of ideas for new products, so now we're going to focus on the lowest common denominator of the public." You know, for people like you. But you've already said you aren't going to buy one.

Hopefully this and that stupid SR22 go the way of the PC9/PC40 and 77/50 muzzleloader.

Dude you need to go have your issues addressed by a profesional, you have some serious issues you need to resolve before you should be allowed to interact with other people!

It's called marketing! There are a lot of hunters who want, or need due to economic reasons, a decent low cost rifle to go deer hunting with. This rifle fills that bill to a "T"! Look at the Tikkas and Savage Axis rifles that have been sold lately. I bet a lot more low end rifles have been sold than the higher end stuff we prefer. Do you suggest that Ruger just ignore and entire group of shooters as to satisfy your ego? The money Ruger makes from this rifle can be used for R&D to possibly make more guns you and I would be interested in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by southtexas
Congratulations. you managed to get through an entire post without using the f bomb.
What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Opps. Well at least you were able to express yourslf in a civil, adult manner once.

And BTW, given all your Ruger bashing; The real measure of a company['s success is its return to its stockholders. Ruger stock is up over 100% in the last year. Not too shabby in today's environment, AND for a company serving a "mature" market.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Opps. Well at least you were able to express yourslf in a civil, adult manner once.

And BTW, given all your Ruger bashing; The real measure of a company['s success is its return to its stockholders. Ruger stock is up over 100% in the last year. Not too shabby in today's environment, AND for a company serving a "mature" market.

And that's why bricktop doesn't like them because he is far from marure! LOL!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well at least you were able to express yourslf in a civil, adult manner once.
Oh I'm civil, I'm the civilest [bleep]*cker there is. Any-f*cking-where. How's that for some civil bullshit?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Can I provide you with the names of some reputable shrinks?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can I provide you with the names of some reputable shrinks?
It might have a subliminal effect -- on them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why?

I'm curious why you got so angry and assumed it was a slam?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ruger, rather belatedly, has seen the market shift to less costly rifles, and addressed that. I don't see it as a bad thing. The rifle's lines are better than most of the other "budget, entry-level" guns out there, too. There's not much innovation, but in that price level, I doubt anyone's looking for much of that.
I have "enough" deer rifles, I don't need one, and probably won't buy one, but I can, objectively see the market, and the Ruger name won't be tarnished by it.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (16gage, 117LBS, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 2,966 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,736
Posts18,494,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.