-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just looked at the exploded view .... where's the recoil lug?

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They will outsell most at $400. I like em, allot.

Taking my rifle for a walk
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
thid old fudd plans on getting one!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm getting one in .308. The .308 doesn't excite me much and therefore, doesn't need an exciting rifle...just something that is dependable and accurate. I'm not even sure I'm going to hunt with it very much. I just want a bolt rifle in the extremely useful and popular .308. It will make a useful addition for "come what may" scenarios.

Last edited by Cossatotjoe_redux; 01/03/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
Ruger is apparently sucking hind tit with their sales if they're resorting to pandering to the Wal-Fart shopper and Mossberg shooter. They've never had an interest in that previously.
That is just stupid. Seven or eight years ago, RUGER WAS THE WAL-MART RIFLE. Where do you think they sold all those ugly bolt paddle rifles? I remember seeing a stainless bolt paddle 77 at a local Wal-Mart for $460 in 2004. I almost bought it.

The point is, Ruger is trying to get back into a market it used to own but was pushed out of by all the cheap stuff. The Ruger 77 was for decades the cheaper alternative to the Model 70 and even less expensive than a 700, now it pretty much costs the same. That is a hard place for Ruger to be. The 77 is by no stretch of the imagination a budget rifle anymore, but it is not high end enough to inspire the gun snobs either.
My comment wasn't stupid at all. The fact that it went way the f*ck over your head? Well, that's just WAYYYYYY beyond stupid.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bricktop
My comment wasn't stupid at all. The fact that it went way the f*ck over your head? Well, that's just WAYYYYYY beyond stupid.

The fact that a company doesn't have to be sucking hind tit to look for new segments of the market to dominate or take over to increase revenue and profit when right over yours...

And your comment is kinda stupid. It ain't like they're cancelling the M77 or the Blackhawks to make LCPs and Ruger Americans... LOL.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
All Ruger would have to do is ditch their crappy ring mounting system, and offer aluminum rings. Shedding a little weight would be nice too. Surprised they put all the effort into yet another model, but would ignore the 77's problems.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Maybe it's just me but after looking that rifle over carefully the safety button is too far back. In the safe position it'll be right in the way when you wrap your hand around the grip in a two hand carry.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MattMan
The fact that a company doesn't have to be sucking hind tit to look for new segments of the market to dominate or take over to increase revenue and profit when right over yours...

And your comment is kinda stupid. It ain't like they're cancelling the M77 or the Blackhawks to make LCPs and Ruger Americans... LOL.
Your "spin" is sort of like the guy who falls down and busts his ass, but to save face says "I meant to do that." You're obviously too f*cking stupid to understand the original comment as well.

Of course, the fact that people of your ilk are too busy enjoying a gourmet meal of Funyuns and Milwaukee's Best to notice a regression in Ruger's product line doesn't surprise me in the least.

Ruger has discontinued several calibers and a few variations in the No. 1 line over the past few years. Do you see any left-handed stainless steel Model 77s either? Nope. They're gone. What about the Old Army black powder revolver? Nope, it's gone, too. Do you see ANY shotguns listed in Ruger's current product offering? NOPE. How about the .32 H&R Single Six? It's gone, too.

But they are expanding their Mini-14 offerings to the delight of the discerning mouth-breather everywhere. And now they've got a bolt action directed towards the same dickheaded, lowbrow crowd.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Ruger has discontinued several calibers and a few variations in the No. 1 line over the past few years. Do you see any left-handed stainless steel Model 77s either? Nope. They're gone. What about the Old Army black powder revolver? Nope, it's gone, too. Do you see ANY shotguns listed in Ruger's current product offering? NOPE. How about the .32 H&R Single Six? It's gone, too.

But they are expanding their Mini-14 offerings to the delight of the discerning mouth-breather everywhere. And now they've got a bolt action directed towards the same dickheaded, lowbrow crowd.

So your suggested business plan to Ruger is to continue to market the same products they always have whether they sell or not? You'd be wise to remember that Ruger discontinues caliber ALL the time. 41 Mag has been "discontinued" like 10 times. Then they make another run.

Don't think that would work any better for them than it did for landline phone companies, General Motors, or Kodak...

Ain't hard to figure out who the dipshchitt is in this conversation.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
IC B3

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
When it is available in left-hand and stainless, call me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So your suggested business plan to Ruger is to continue to market the same products they always have whether they sell or not? You'd be wise to remember that Ruger discontinues caliber ALL the time. 41 Mag has been "discontinued" like 10 times. Then they make another run.

Don't think that would work any better for them than it did for landline phone companies, General Motors, or Kodak...
I can see it now. In a year Ruger will introduce -- WAIT -- the Ruger Comrade�!!!!! Based on the rugged and proven SKS of the Cold War era, the Ruger Comrade� brings sportsmen an affordable and reliable semiautomatic rifle suitable for North American hunting made entirely in the U.S.A.! And the usual crowd of ass-lickers will be out here beating the drums about how this is the perfect rifle for their inbred cousin who wants to hunt, but between the payments on his trailer, a new Hyundai, and putting potted meat on the table, just can't afford anything as pricey as a Mini 30 or Remington 7400. What a load of bullshit.

Ain't hard to figure out who the dipshchitt is in this conversation.
That would be you, little man. Your "creative" spin is Ruger makes these [bleep] products because they're trying to capture new segments of the "market." It doesn't seem to matter if the item possesses any sort of quality or potential longevity, it's not an improvement on any existing Ruger products. Your view is it's "new," therefore it must be "good."

Not getting dysentary is good. Trying to make sense of your "logic" is not.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Comb out the corn rolls and use your head....

The MKI, the M77, the Red Label, the Blackhawk, etc..... were all "Cheap knock-offs" they day they hit the stands.

You are a dumbphuckdeluxe, who doesn't even know if a 6.5 Rem Mag will cycle through a WSM action. Get over it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks to me ruger is taking a stab at the 400 dollar plastic, disposable rifle market.

Sorta looks like a tikka, browning, mossberg and savage all rolled into one..... not sure how to describe it really.

If I had 400 bucks BURNING a hot hole in a pocket.... I would buy shoot and tell here.

If they shoot like my brothers 7mm rem mag tikka, wich is very good, that will be there foot in the door.

happiness is elbow deep in elk guts.
NRA life member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GeoW
Not impressed...

Ruger American

Goes to prove no one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American Public...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
dumbphuckdeluxe

I'm sorry but that is a sweet word....grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Comb out the corn rolls and use your head....

The MKI, the M77, the Red Label, the Blackhawk, etc..... were all "Cheap knock-offs" they day they hit the stands.

You are a dumbphuckdeluxe, who doesn't even know if a 6.5 Rem Mag will cycle through a WSM action. Get over it.
Yeah, you're getting excited just thinking about Ruger's SKS, aren't you? That'll be something for you to talk over at your next family reunion, better known as "date night" in your circles.

I'm going to ask Ruger for a piece of the Comrade� action when it becomes a reality.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Takes number two to

[bleep]. cry grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson
dumbphuckdeluxe
I'm sorry but that is a sweet word....grin
But not as sweet as the hard hitting and American-made Ruger Comrade�!!! Proven on the battlefields throughout the Cold War and now available in an attractive package for the budget-minded sportsman, the Ruger Comrade� proves great value can come in a quality, semiautomatic rifle capable of any big game hunt!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
What is up with this cat?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 260Remguy, 61 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,908
Posts18,518,596
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.