Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eclectic
Nope, but I do realize I was correct about you not learning manners at your momma's knee.

Well you are so very welcome. It's always such a rewarding feeling to be able to offer a bit of help to someone so deserving such as yourself.
I'm sure with the most pleasant personality you have, and your deep appreciation of all the things other people do for you, your visit to Wyoming will be a very satisfying experience.
Be sure and let me know if there's anything else I can do to help...

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh and I'm sure your daughter will be wholey and totally supportive or your decision to turn down the opportunity to hunt 4 sections of private land in one block a mere 20 minutes from Cheyenne, and about 1.5 hrs from DIA, and the further opportunity to hunt 5000 acres of private land an 1.5 from Scottsbluff,Cheyenne, or Casper and a bit over 2 hrs from Rapid City.
It'll probably help her to understand your position even more so when she finds out that not only was the opportunity for a decent antelope turned down, but also the fair to middlin chance of a trophy muledeer in a nonresident region that is usually about 700 license short of selling out by the first day of the season.
All access free of charge of course.
Good luck with your future decisions.

Oh and it's probably really not a good idea we let her know anything about the missed opps to hunt a goodly amount of private land in NE Colorado that also borders the Pawnee Grasslands...About an hour from DIA....

Last edited by Ranch13; 01/05/12.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I wouldnt worry about losing "access" to 4 sections of private. Check out the HMA/Walkin program on the areas near Casper. Lots of units in that area have 100% draw odds, lots of access.

Antelope are about the easiest Western hunt to plan. Finding a place to hunt on BLM, State, Walkin areas, etc. is easy. Check out the Wyoming website for public access.

Dont over-look state sections, I've killed a pile of animals off single sections of state land. Most drive by it, cant read a map to find it, and some of the state land is even posted by irresponsible/unethical landowners. Invest $300 or so and get yourself a GPS that can take the GPSHUNTINGMAPS software and rock on...money well spent.

You dont need to beg any landowner for access to their private to have a quality hunt...and I'd never pay a landowner for access to hunt...wont happen. The only form of "pay" they'll ever get from me is a landowner coupon if I shoot an animal on deeded ground or through the HMA/Walkin hunting program (my wife and I donate $100 each year to that).

I wont subsidize anyone that denies public access to public wildlife...ever.

Last edited by BuzzH; 01/05/12.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
For your situation, here is what I would do....

Fly into Jackson. They can land some fair sized aluminum tubes there. Just outside the airport there are so many frigging antelope that they even named a chunk of land after them. Google Antelope Flats. Lots and lots of antelope.

Kilt yourself one or two of these goats. The locals will be so happy with you reducing the herd a little that they might even offer you a free meal or two.

Good luck and enjoy your hunt.

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
To those providing helpful answers, thank you.

I had not thought of Jackson. It is not all that far down the road from here. And it is a nice drive too.

I've wandered about Idaho for many years with nothing but a compass and map, but with the addition of software that identifies property ownership, a GPS seems more and more like the way to go.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Dont do Jackson......

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I do not understand.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I was being a smartazz.... Casper is your best bet for airplanes and speedgoats.

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Now I understand.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don, I enjoyed the Sopwith Camel vision. Pretty funny.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of those puddle jumpers they run up out of Denver a sopwith camel would be an improovement.

www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No kidding.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I too thought it quite witty and damn funny. The problem is, I asked for help, not redicule.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Grow some skin bud,,,,nobody was ridiculing you. I don't know what redicule means.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I too thought it quite witty and damn funny. The problem is, I asked for help, not redicule.

No body has ridiculed you.... yet...

www.historicshooting.com
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Too much of a punk to say, "I'm sorry, I did not realize my comments could be taken that way."?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too much of a punk to say, "I'm sorry, I did not realize my comments could be taken that way."?

Well that's alright now that we know a little bit more about you we can be a little more forgiving.. Your appology is accepted

www.historicshooting.com
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
E scouters... are no longer tolerated on the Az local hunting sites. Thankless, entitlement attitudes from 95% of them is to blame... ignorant to the point of not recognizing sound advice is a common issue also.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
E scouters... are no longer tolerated on the Az local hunting sites. Thankless, entitlement attitudes from 95% of them is to blame... ignorant to the point of not recognizing sound advice is a common issue also.

Kent

I have AZ points for antelope...what area should I apply for ? grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I would like to hunt muledeer and flying squirrels on the Kaibab. How do I get a license, and can you give me gps coords to a spot where I can be assured of killing at least a 26 inch deer with in the first 45 minutes of my first day, so I have time to do some sight seeing? grin

www.historicshooting.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

241 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 257_X_50, 31 invisible), 2,128 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,863
Posts18,478,602
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.