Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#6048062 01/15/12
P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Has anyone had any issues with the PMAG 30 rounders?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought 3 and just got an email saying they were delivered. I'll let you how they perform.

�A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.�
~George Washington

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have about 30 of them, and 5 20 rounders, they all work.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cant do much better than the pmags. I've got plenty and have had zero issues. Buy with confidence.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PhilinAZ

They need a mod that takes 30seconds to work in Scar 16's. They will NOT work in FN FS2000's.

Other than that they are the best AR pattern mags available IMHO............dj

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have 10 PMAGS and have had no issues running them with my AR.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've had a few crack. Had one get run over by a truck and worked fine afterwards.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P-Mags are good to go.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish they would produce a compact dedicated 10-round P-Mag for states that have magazine restrictions for hunting purposes.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
They are the only mags I use. Never had an issue with the 20 or 30 rounders.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PhilinAZ

I have never had a issue with any P-Mag. They all work to perfection

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MOGC
Wish they would produce a compact dedicated 10-round P-Mag for states that have magazine restrictions for hunting purposes.

They do make magazine limiters, 5 rd for 20's and 10rds for 30's

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG280/101

It states it doesn't make them legal for Kalifornia and other Nazi states that won't let you own more than 10rd mags though.

I've seen other blocks listed as being Kalifornia compliant but I'd be a little suspicious with them...................dj

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm aware of the limiter kits, but a compact 10 round size magazine is very easy to pack slung over the shoulder while humping the hills for predator calling or other hunting. I have some C-Products 10 round mags and they function great but have sharp edges that hang on my pack when carrying the rifle slung. Kinda a pain in the rear and knocking the sharp edge off with a file now exposes bright metal and that means a paint job. Again a pain in the rear which would not be required with a plastic P-Mag of the correct compact length for a 10 round capacity. I have quite a few P-Mag 20's and 30 round magazines and really appreciate their reliability and smooth/rounded edges for easy carrying. A 10 rounder would be perfect for my hunting uses. A guy can wish, can't he? smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The straight, then curved shape of the AR-15 30 rounder has been a problem from the beginning. I met Gene Stoner at an event where he was a keynote speaker and both in his speech and afterward as myself and a few others got to spend some time with him discussing things, he just plain HATED that 30 round magazine�just went on and on.

The first pass at a 30 rounder was a constant curve magazine but it proved to not have enough curve, so they went to the straight then curved design. The PMAG has the straight then curved shape on the outside, but internally it�s a steady curve. While it�s still a bit of a compromise design, the PMAG gets it as close to right as it�s ever likely to get. The PMAG is an excellent magazine. If you intend to use 30 rounders you�re doing yourself a disservice to use anything else.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I like P-mags but have had one or two that cracked, got a few that don't seat as easy as others and some that don't drop free.

I still like them or at least the 20rd P-mags, don't use the 30's much anymore.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
The straight, then curved shape of the AR-15 30 rounder has been a problem from the beginning. I met Gene Stoner at an event where he was a keynote speaker and both in his speech and afterward as myself and a few others got to spend some time with him discussing things, he just plain HATED that 30 round magazine�just went on and on.

The first pass at a 30 rounder was a constant curve magazine but it proved to not have enough curve, so they went to the straight then curved design. The PMAG has the straight then curved shape on the outside, but internally it�s a steady curve. While it�s still a bit of a compromise design, the PMAG gets it as close to right as it�s ever likely to get. The PMAG is an excellent magazine. If you intend to use 30 rounders you�re doing yourself a disservice to use anything else.

Wow, what an opportunity to meet the man himself and 'talk tech' with him...

Good info above...ya learn something new everyday (or at least you should!!)

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I've had no problem with mine, I have almost 10 of them. Worked great in several rifles
Corey

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by MOGC
I'm aware of the limiter kits, but a compact 10 round size magazine is very easy to pack slung over the shoulder while humping the hills for predator calling or other hunting. I have some C-Products 10 round mags and they function great but have sharp edges that hang on my pack when carrying the rifle slung. Kinda a pain in the rear and knocking the sharp edge off with a file now exposes bright metal and that means a paint job. Again a pain in the rear which would not be required with a plastic P-Mag of the correct compact length for a 10 round capacity. I have quite a few P-Mag 20's and 30 round magazines and really appreciate their reliability and smooth/rounded edges for easy carrying. A 10 rounder would be perfect for my hunting uses. A guy can wish, can't he? smile

You might want to check out this post.
Shows how to cut a 20 round down to 10.
http://www.predatormastersforums.co...b=showflat&Number=2117933&page=1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, I caught that and am going to work on my own now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The best i've used.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (1minute, 2five7, 2ndwind, 264mag, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 31 invisible), 2,190 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,843
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.