Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Kinsman Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Here�s the deal- I was contacted by this person on a rifle I was selling on the campfire classifieds on 12/27/11. He asked all the standard questions, like would you sell it without scope and so on. After a couple of PM�s back and forth he then drops the bomb.

deerhunterjj : �Well i will have 2650.00 around the 13th. The guy thats buying my cooper his gun shop is closed until then. Hes sending payment around the 11th to 14th If your willing to hold onto it for 2 to 2 1/2 weeks i will buy it. I hate to ask ya to do that but thats what im up against. Please let me know thanks�.

I ask him if I have this straight � He wants the rifle and will pay the price but wants me to hold it for two and a half weeks.

deerhunterjj : �Yes sir it will be the 2-2 1/2 weeks before the money gets to me. I will get you a money order soon as my money hits my hand. Am i making an since�.

ME: �I can hold it for you for the allotted time but the price is firm at 2750.00. Let me know if you agree to the terms and I will take you on your word and post it sold pending funds�.

deerhunterjj : Sounds fair to me. Just as soon as I get the money order I'm waiting on it will be headed your way. Thank you for working with me on it. If you could pm me payment addy I will let you know just as soon as it goes out. Thanks again�.

So on 01/16/12 this is what I get from him.

deerhunterjj : �Hello well i heard back from him hes having problems with a sale he had so im not sure how long it will be now.. Im really sorry i was 99% sure it would not of been an issue. I want to thank you very much for giving me a chance at it. If something changes and you still have it then i will go from there. Again im really really sorry about this�.

ME: �So what you are saying is you don't want it now or you are still waiting on the money to get to you from another person? I have waited this long and do not relish having to put it back up for sale on all the sites it was listed on. So if you still want it and are having money problems let me know and we will work something out�.

deerhunterjj: �Im still waiting on the funds to arrive. Im not sure how long its going to be for sure. I hate having you hold onto it for how ever longer and it not work out on my end. Its up to you i would like to still have it im just not sure whats all going on with the sale of my rifle now. The guy that bought my rifle is having issues with his buyers payment arrangments. I guess all i can do is give it a day or two and see if i can get more info on the money issue and get back to ya�.

ME: �Well, if you still want it, and I've been patient thus far. I say you send me a down payment and the rest can be worked on�.

Deerhunterjj: �I will see what i can get done i will get back with you tomorrow�.

It has been two days and I have not heard a word from this person. So I�m writing this to warn all others not to deal with this person for he is not a man of his word!

D
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have absolutely no patience for such dealings plus I never make an offer myself that I can not deliver on immediately. Poor ethics there.

1Minute
K
Kinsman Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Thanks, 1 minute. That is what I thought.

D
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
These threads never end well....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These threads never end well....

I hear you.

The simple answer of course is not to do business here.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah poor ethics, but do not get discouraged. The good people to trade with out weigh the bad.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This is not a tragic story. You did not lose money. Your fault for agreeing to wait. First person with cash wins in my book.

K
Kinsman Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Sorry Gentleman, but had to get it off the chest.

D
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Repost it for sale and move on.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I would've got some earnest money (non-refundable) as a holder.

We used to have to do that when my family was in the horse trading bidness. People can play the "fake out" if they want, but when I had 10% of their money, they stayed with the deal. If not, no sweat off my balls.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Earnest money is always a good way to go when selling, and yeah, I like the 10% figure.

I've just learned that to do business here is just not worth the downside, which is of coarse a public piszin' match that sullys the reputation of both parties involved (there are always two sides -- at least -- to every story).

I've been pleased, and disapointed on transactions, but fortunate that I was never on public display, and have decided to keep it that way.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Unfortunately it happens. My advice is to suck it up and move on. Continuing pondering on it just gets you down. Life is to much fun for that.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't really see what's bad enough about what happened to publicly call a fella out for it.

Things didn't work out like he anticipated and he let you know instead of keeping you in limbo.

It's aggravating on your end but it's not like the other guy tried to get one up on you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
This is not a tragic story. You did not lose money. Your fault for agreeing to wait. First person with cash wins in my book.

Spot on. [bleep] happens, just relist it.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rrroae
I don't really see what's bad enough about what happened to publicly call a fella out for it.

Things didn't work out like he anticipated and he let you know instead of keeping you in limbo.

It's aggravating on your end but it's not like the other guy tried to get one up on you.

+1.

Not like he swindled you out of money for chrissakes.

Certainly an inconvenience but it doesn't appear he was intentionally deceitful.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

+1

I don't know the details here, but if he put up "I'll take it" on the thread he ought not to have done so. If you two worked this out over PMs as posted then it sounds to me like he is being 100% straight up. He thought he was getting something he isn't getting and doesn't want to keep you waiting. Seems fair to me.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You agreed to the wait. He is having problems from the other transaction and has kept you notified. He is in a bad spot because things did not go as planned. I believe he is sincere and will not do this if he knows it will be a wreck. You come off as having a temper tantrum when you agreed to the wait. You have to figure that the best lais plans can often go south.Quit whining and put it back up or wait for him.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will get you a money order soon as my money hits my hand.
Cash ONLY.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Yeah poor ethics, but do not get discouraged. The good people to trade with out weigh the bad.

Spoken like a mature gentleman.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

I agree. Poor excuse to call a guy out.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,927
Posts18,479,845
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.