Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rrroae
I don't really see what's bad enough about what happened to publicly call a fella out for it.

Things didn't work out like he anticipated and he let you know instead of keeping you in limbo.

It's aggravating on your end but it's not like the other guy tried to get one up on you.

Amen you said it perfect. Let it go and move on

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I can understand a warning if someone flat out lied to you, but to me on this deal it just seems like the buyer was counting his chickens before they hatched, but I do not see where he mislead you in any way shape or form, and it has only been 2 days since you last heard from him.

I could understand if you sent the merchandise, and were expecting a payment, but as long as you still have it in your possesion I do not see a problem.

This is just my opinion YMMV.

K
Kinsman Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Quote: Winnie1300 Yeah poor ethics, but do not get discouraged. The good people to trade with out weigh the bad.

It does'nt seem to be that way, If you read the replys on the thread, I'm in the wrong according to them.

I guess their is very few real people left : Winnie1300, 1minute, slumlord, Miss Lynn, Rock Chuck :)Thanks

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I haven't read but a couple of these,but need to check my post count. Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Kinsman
Quote: Winnie1300 Yeah poor ethics, but do not get discouraged. The good people to trade with out weigh the bad.

It does'nt seem to be that way, If you read the replys on the thread, I'm in the wrong according to them.

I guess their is very few real people left : Winnie1300, 1minute, slumlord, Miss Lynn, Rock Chuck :)Thanks

What are you out other than time, the guy told you from the beginning he did not have the money right away, YOU agreed to hold it, he thought he had a deal, chit happens, for [bleep] sake stop being a gawddamn pussy.

The way I see it you are pissed at yourself for agreeing to something you knew you shouldnt have agreed to, and now you are trying to save face. Hell you posted your entire PM exchange. For [bleep] sake just relist the damn thing and wash the sand outta your crotch.

IC B2

K
Kinsman Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
And another thing I don't post much but, I read alot and all over this form is b!tch, moans and complaints about this politician or that politician not doing what they said they were going to do and everybody on here is up in arms. Yet when some person gives his word and then does not follow through it is no biggy.
Well I think alot of you guys should start looking inside at your own ethics before you B!tch about the politicians. Because if we are not accountable for our own actions then how can we expect our politicians to be? It is a slippery road you drive.
Have a good night.

D
K
Kinsman Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Bubbajay,
I'm in billings Mt. why don't you come on over and we will see who is a Pussy.

D
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
You should have just taken his gun for your gun straight across trade. That way is could have been immediate without delay. I don't believe in swapping dollars for goods in any way. Barter for your goods and cut out the middle men that hold the money.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
what would that solve, you have more than likely spent more time on this thread trying to warn everybody about a guy that told you straight up from the beginning his purchase was dependant on the sale of his own rifle. His deal fell through, chit happens, it was completely spelled out in the pm's that you posted.

I have no reason to go to Billings, but if your feeling up to it I am at the expressway suites room 122 Bismarck ND.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sorry Kinsman, can't see this as a reason to call a guy out. He explained his situation to you from the beginning. Relist the gun and move on. You're making this into an issue of "honor" and "morals". Where did he go wrong? He said he would like the gun but didn't have the money at the moment. You agreed to wait. He's kept you informed throughout, explaining that he was trying to get the money. You agreed to keep waiting, at any point you could have said enough. But instead you decide to b!tch about it publicly.

Deal with it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

With any luck, one of them will buy your rifle so you can STFU. Honestly, if this is the worst transaction you ever have, you are truly blessed.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
No harm, no foul.

So, we're all cool with posting PMs when nothing dastardly occurred?

I forget; is the "P" in PM for private or just personal?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
I forget; is the "P" in PM for private or just personal?

Try again. eek

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
huh?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Well, they may be real, but are they turdlike? This is the question.

I guess I'm not real either. I can see why you are frustrated, but look it like this. He made you an offer that was clearly contingent on the sale of his gun. You accepted it, with that in mind. His gun sale hasn't consummated; he can't buy your rifle, but that's according to the framework you guys laid out.

Or so it appears to me. It doesn't seem to rate a public flogging. smile

Good luck selling your rifle!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
He made you an offer that was clearly contingent on the sale of his gun.

I've heard that's common in real estate too.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It must be winter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
This is not a tragic story. You did not lose money. Your fault for agreeing to wait. First person with cash wins in my book.

Ding ding ding ding ding!

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
This is not a tragic story. You did not lose money. Your fault for agreeing to wait. First person with cash wins in my book.

Ding ding ding ding ding!

Agreed.

If you don't like tradin' horses, don't horse trade.

Travis

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The guy just could not raise the funds to buy. Sounds like he informed you of his inability to pay in a timely manner. It was a calculated decision on your part to hold it for a period of time. It has not worked out so just re-post it in the classifieds and move on. Sounds like his only crime is wanting something he is unable to pay for. He was even apologetic maybe even embarrassed.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (222ND, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,928
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.