Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Next door to eh....wife won't let me....dammit

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If I was going to move to the US it would be to Wyoming but I'm staying here in Alberta though I plan to move to the Crowsnest Pass, kind of like the town of Coleman in the west part of the Pass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
some f_ing where when it gets to -25 it hasn't warmed up 25 freakin degrees!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by maarty
Somewhere with no traffic lights, more animals than people and where "heavy traffic" means more than one car an hour on the road.

That is NOT here! whistle

Quiet or I'll come and occupy your basement, or your gun room....
Yeah the gun room.

The original international turd
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Between , SW florida (Punta Gorda Isles) Colorado (Breckenridge), Rural Virginia, Deadwood SD, or my hometown of Erie, Pa...

I hope all have a fine evening and great rest of the week. Be safe
Patty

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Sportdog is right. Traverse City Mi. is very nice! Nonetheless I would find myself in N.E. Tennessee, S.W. Virginia or most likely N.W. North Carolina. I love those Blue Ridge Mountains!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Montana. That's where I wanna live. Yellowstone and Tetons to thre south, Glacier to the north, Big Timber and Belgrade for Sharps Rifles and goodies, the Bob, all the fur trade history, the places to camp, the rivers to fish in, deer and elk to hunt, bears to watch, rivers that move.

Yeah. Montana, I think.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many here scoff at the notion, but I've had a pretty damn good life here in Northern California (see album).
The hunting and fishing has been very good, I live in a very peaceful setting with abundant wildlife and few neighbors.
My grandfather left Colorado in the thirties looking for work.
I often wonder what if.
Ever since my first deer hunting trip there I've daydreamed of owning a piece of property in the heart of big mule deer country.
If we are dreaming, I suppose that's mine.
Ridgeway Colorado might do me just fine

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Right here in God's Country; northern Idaho panhandle...moved here *from* Alaska...we know the best when we see/live it.
Everything nearby, including world class salmon and steelhead.

We kill elk and deer every year right on our place.

Last edited by broomd; 01/31/12.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
crossfireoops has me sold pretty much on Sierra Vista. I think I would fit right in there with the social events and politics of the area. His pictures of the place have me drooling at the lips.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DELGUE
Montana. That's where I wanna live. Yellowstone and Tetons to thre south, Glacier to the north, Big Timber and Belgrade for Sharps Rifles and goodies, the Bob, all the fur trade history, the places to camp, the rivers to fish in, deer and elk to hunt, bears to watch, rivers that move.

Yeah. Montana, I think.

And Butte for St. Patrick's Day!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have lived in many places within the US. In no order...

Northest part of the lower mitten in Michigan
SW Virginia
Montana, near the mountains
Northern CA
Florida, gulf side

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
North California on a piece of property loaded with pigs, deer, and bears.

Wyoming

Oregon with plenty of land that has elk and mulies.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
There is no place on Earth I'd rather be. I've seen what's out there, and it's all pretty much the same.

All I've ever wanted was a place with green pastures, healthy horses, quiet foaling barns, cereal scented hay, warm sun and a bench to sit on as it passed overhead, and a barn full of champion purebreds waiting to perform. A place where there are simple chores to do, and the delight of doing them well. A place where there are no tragedies or emergencies, and the noisiest thing is children's laughter. It's a place where everyone works together, easing each others burden and finding joy in fellowship. I've already been there, it was long ago, before age made me skeptical. Maybe there is another place ahead where I'll find it again, maybe behind the wardrobe, maybe through a looking glass, but I doubt it will be on this world. I wonder what awaits in that promise that was spoken softly to me in a dream. It seemed so real.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spokane, WA. You can get to most of the good places from there nad still be near a VA hospital.

I am in awe of Salmonella. I've scraped and sweated for years and have only successfully hunted squirrels.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Delta Junction Alaska until late fall and then somewhat south of there in the winter.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
R
central texas or north central missouri

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I already have a little house there, all paid for.

Libby Montana was/is my choice. It is inland far enough to be somewhat remote, but it is still striking distance to the NW coastal waters.

With this economy and the hit I took I might not get there. whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Many here scoff at the notion, but I've had a pretty damn good life here in Northern California (see album).
The hunting and fishing has been very good, I live in a very peaceful setting with abundant wildlife and few neighbors.
My grandfather left Colorado in the thirties looking for work.
I often wonder what if.
Ever since my first deer hunting trip there I've daydreamed of owning a piece of property in the heart of big mule deer country.
If we are dreaming, I suppose that's mine.
Ridgeway Colorado might do me just fine

[Linked Image]

that picture literally is breathe taking!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've lived in Wyoming and currently live in Montana. I do like Montana and I really liked Wyoming (it will always be home) but it seems like not a day goes buy where I don't here of a Meth problem, both in Wyoming or Montana. It is like the western states have become a giant meth lab. Maybe I just am always on my toes and watch for users and read the paper too much but it is really a problem.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 21, 53 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,372
Posts18,527,406
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.