-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BTW, Norilsk is the 4th most polluted place in the world.

[Linked Image]

I guess I will stick to central park.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ptarmigan; 02/13/12.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kciH
Originally Posted by ptarmigan
I must admit at one time I was a purist, 40" ala sage tcr890 with a maxima 8# leader.

[Linked Image]

But now I get jiggy with it and my catch rates now keep me interested in fishing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Awesome fish.

I've been up once in September, and it was a trip to remember. What is the best time of year for steelies? My new girl likes to fish a lot more than my old wife did.

Depends what latitude you want to fish. I've caught them as early as Sept and as late as June. Timing is all over the place and dependent on water levels, temps, and how bad the fish want to scratch their itch. In other words, you want to be flexible on your dates and plan on being cold!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kciH
I must admit at one time I was a purist, 40" ala sage tcr890 with a maxima 8# leader.

[Linked Image]

But now I get jiggy with it and my catch rates now keep me interested in fishing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Awesome fish.

I've been up once in September, and it was a trip to remember. What is the best time of year for steelies? My new girl likes to fish a lot more than my old wife did.

Depends what latitude you want to fish. I've caught them as early as Sept and as late as June. Timing is all over the place and dependent on water levels, temps, and how bad the fish want to scratch their itch. In other words, you want to be flexible on your dates and plan on being cold!

It all boils down to accessibility. I grew up in MN, so the cold is kind of relative, but I understand it's at a different level on your turf.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ribka
have to admit sweet pics but where is the pink rifle?

catching a small steelhead in AK with a Zebco 202 and an ugly stick as about as difficult as shooting aone year old wt doe with a 270 or catching a bluegill off of a dock in WI.

My holy grail is a 40 inch steelhead swinging a fly.
Already have a 50 inch striper on a fly and a 55 inch taimen caught on a fly 80 miles N of norilsk Russia . Norilsk Russia makes Alaska look like Central Park NYC Boxer. Gey colored rifles not required. grin

dumbpuckda,

Again,I'm enjoying your awkward [bleep] silence on the Boundary Ruse,Lund Chronicles and Fingerprint Law...in no particular order. In fairness I'm more than a whole bunch good,with a whole buncha wares and it do add more than a little humor to the equation,that your "Career" equates to two of my afternoons. Congratulations?!?

The Pink Rifle was retired some time ago,because it was literally worn the [bleep] out and had an illustrious Career(which woulda equated to about 10,000 Light Years for you). Wouldn't be fair to replicate it,despite Imitation being THE most sincere form of Flattery. That being said,I've better than a very good sized herd of Cow Barrels and do not lament setting aside wares that have more than paid their dues.

[Linked Image]

Now as to The Dude working a tide pool,less a rifle slung over the back yesterday morning,I'd say that it can happen. Especially when on the prowl,lathered up and shedding layers...sometimes it's nice to set a Cow Barrel atop the pack for a breather and grab a swig of water. But rest assured that a Cow Barrel ain't much farther than 10' away at the most. Curiously enough,the weather/light may change in no more than 15 minutes too...just sayin'. In fact,a guy could make a compelling Treatise upon the merits of BC's and tape,but that's yet more things far beyond your ability to comprehend(which do yet again add to the [bleep] humor).

[Linked Image]

Extrapolation is a wonderful thing,but you've gotta have the faculties to be able to subtend,which yet again discounts you from the ranks. Much enjoying that you'll need 100,000 Light Years to bump a 40",but it is par for your pathetic little course. I love Zebco's and UglyStik's.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

To cheer you all the way up,let's ring a few more bells at once and fuel more of your Dreams with Reality.

[Linked Image]

As an aside,I'm much looking forward to you "telling" me about Stripers,just like all the rest of your brain farts. Groovin' on your pics too. Where in the [bleep] do you ignorant bastards come from?!!!?

Laffin'!

ptarmigan,

NOONE is Purister than I.(grin)

I don't tend to abuse Steelhead any longer in duration,than from October to June and 400 a year is a number I like to hit. 200 Spring and 200 Winter.

Never could tie purty and prolly never will,but I can tie gaudy and gaudy catches.

[Linked Image]

Have seen schit jump outta the river to take a strike at my hat.(grin)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/20110423-DAD_3733.jpg[/img]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hahaha, I heard somewhere that steelhead have a thing for parrots...

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Boxer
[Linked Image]

Man, that river is calling me. Nice pic.

T
tsm Offline
T
I like the Gene Ingram knife, one of my favorite makers. Very nice!!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I'm thinkin' that "Beware The Parrot" will be my Spring Mantra.

What's the old adage aboutta "bird in the hand"?!!?(grin)

[Linked Image]

'223,

Sometimes schit is even more fun that it looks. Happiness is a broken UglyStik,blown gears in a Zebco and fresh fingerprints.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

tsm,

Never heard of that Maker,though I am ALL ears on good stuff.

Thanks for any info on the guy!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/DAD_9732.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/20110127-DAD_1407.jpg[/img]

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
These pics remind me...i need to do west coast steelhead before I die

...or before they're all safely stuck in an indian gillnet. cry

I've seen many kick ass lakes here in Ontario, Canada destroyed by a certain minority group who claim to "live the way of their ancestors". Lets say I now act more proactively with them when I confront them smile nothing illegal of course...like destroying gill nets or anything like that...of course not....

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
have to admit your a good sport Boxer, a little crazy, but a good sport nonetheless. Good pics there

Originally Posted by Boxer

I'm thinkin' that "Beware The Parrot" will be my Spring Mantra.

What's the old adage aboutta "bird in the hand"?!!?(grin)

[Linked Image]

'223,

Sometimes schit is even more fun that it looks. Happiness is a broken UglyStik,blown gears in a Zebco and fresh fingerprints.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

tsm,

Never heard of that Maker,though I am ALL ears on good stuff.

Thanks for any info on the guy!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/DAD_9732.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/20110127-DAD_1407.jpg[/img]
laugh

IC B3

T
tsm Offline
T
Holy Smokes!!!! I was pretty dog gone proud of my 4 ingrams that I use all the time. Don't know the Maker huh? I'm envious.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Stick obviously has too many and aught to mail a couple to a young up and comer. Ill have to nominate myself laugh

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Is that Jughead's new puppy? smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
zebcos and cow barrels aside, I dig the jon-e

Support your local brewer.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,827
Posts18,477,918
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.