-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just buy American made whenever possible Sam. I don't care if it costs more. I wish I could buy 100% American made, but that isn't possible.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
so do I Keith. When I bought mine, I did not know it was made in China. However, I see no reason to just scheit can it now and buy something else.
It is harder and harder to find stuff made here.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
However, I see no reason to just scheit can it now and buy something else.

I agree Sam. It surprises me to see how much is made overseas, that was once made here.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
so do I Keith. When I bought mine, I did not know it was made in China. However, I see no reason to just scheit can it now and buy something else.

I don't think anyone is telling you to do so. The OP was asked and a few options were provided and if it makes a difference to the purchaser, the info of origin was provided as well...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would not have known the PEPR was Chinese, until I turned one over, and there's the "made in China" sticker.

Of course, my Burris AR332 prism scope is also made in China, I discoevered frown

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Funny thing, I had to take the dash board off my Ford Explorer last month and work on the vent system. EVERYTHING on that truck under the dash is made in China. Once I got it fixed I was more depressed than before it broke!

As far as mounts go, I have a PEPR mount and like it. It's a better design than the Armalite. Unless armalite has changed, getting the scope mounted far enough toward is impossible. The PEPR is a good design and for a stationary mount I like it. It's a good height and can be mounted far enough foward unlike many of the low cost mounts. I have no idea about a repeatable zero though. The rifle that it sits on isn't "tactical" and doesn't have BUIS'. The mount stays on the rifle. The one thing I don't care for is it has picatinny rails on the ring tops. I don't need them and they look kinda stupid but all in all it's a good mount.

I've owned a couple of the La Rue mounts and they're OK but after owning an American Defense mount I doubt I'll ever buy another La Rue. IMO it's just a better mount.

Terry

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Just FYI LaRue makes a non QD version of the 104 mount that is cheaper.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
almost everything is made in China, sad commentary on what our political hacks in lockstep with big business has done to the USA, both parties are guilty and every political hack retires wealthy. Well McDonalds hamburgers are still made here, soon we will all be burger flippers. People don't get Ron Paul, most think he is a nut job, he is more right than wrong but could never be elected the big money is on the status quo guys.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
And SWFA sells the exact (PEPR) mount without the rails on top.

We've sold ourselves out and closed our own plants, not china's fault. My problem with chinese stuff is you don't know from one shipment to the next how the quality is going to be. I have to deal with it in my industry and it's frustrating to say the least.

If the PEPR is working then by all means use it but to me, there's better options made in America for the same money. As long as there's still something made here, I'm gonna support it.

I've found the Armalite mount to have plenty of forward placement and while it is a tad lower, I've modified a Troy BUIS to still fit under one. But everyone has their own "perfect".

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I bought my first AR a couple of months ago and put a Rock River mount on it. I don't know much about the others but the RRA mount is really solid, works great, and is reasonably priced compared to many others out there. Plus it's made in the U.S.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a 30mm Burris PEPR on my 6.8 and love it.

NRA Golden Eagles, Benefactor Member and I vote!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Put a Rock River cantilever mount on my new AR. That thing is built like a tank, weighs well over half a pound. Need some Talleys on this thing!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a PEPR 1" and it is a solid mount.
Made in China? So is my TV, microwave, toaster, CD player and 75% of everything else in my house. Face the reality.

TDC Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a PEPR and have been happy with it. Have been using it for a couple years. Also didn't know it was made in China

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have 2 PEPR mounts. One in 30mm and one in 1". Both have performed as expected. Only after I purchased them did I find out they were made in China. I have no intention of buying any more, but will continue to use what I have.

In the future, if in need of a lower priced mount for recreational mounts on toys, I will look for an American made product.

It is a shame how Burris has gone downhill.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by The_Wolverine

If you want to compare price and weight here is your huckleberry

This comparison is exactly what I needed. Thanks for providing this link. And my wife wonders why I spend hours sifting through these threads.

Thank our servicemen and women for their sacrifices.
Thank John M. Browning for his firearms inventions.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a PEPR as well and it works well. Built very stout and I was not going to pay $150 for a mount no matter where it was made. I think for the money the PEPR is a good value.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
I have a PEPR as well and it works well. Built very stout and I was not going to pay $150 for a mount no matter where it was made. I think for the money the PEPR is a good value.

Well, I'm about to pay nearly $700 for a US made scope for an AR, so what's another C-note for a RTZ mount of equivalent quality?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And I got even cheaper than the Burris.It comes off then on and back to zero every time in like 10 seconds.

[Linked Image]

To each his own..

Jayco

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nice 22... grin

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,155 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,930
Posts18,479,910
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.