Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DaddyRat
We prosecute worthless checks in NC just ask these people:

http://www.ashevillemugshots.com/charge/simple-worthless-check
This is you, huh?

[Linked Image]

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Bricktop, I did not know you ever came to NC.......

http://www.ashevillemugshots.com/mug/harold-brack

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My hair looks a little bleached.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
We have a very aggressive prosecutor. I have no idea what happens in Oklahoma.

Your argument is flawed. We all know that there are there still people dealing drugs, stealing cars or killing other. These happen all the time. We execute more people in Texas than any other state and it still doesn't stop them from happening. Fear of prosecution doesn't stop individuals from committing crimes.

Last edited by jlboykin; 02/19/12.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Bricktop

My hair looks a little bleached.

and you got to quit the drinking...LOL

just funnin'

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We prosecute worthless checks in NC just ask these people:

http://www.ashevillemugshots.com/charge/simple-worthless-check
This is you, huh?

[Linked Image]

Nope, but I do know several on that page.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jlboykin
We have a very aggressive prosecutor.
Sure you do.

Your argument is flawed. We all know that there are there still people dealing drugs, stealing cars or killing other. These happen all the time. We execute more people in Texas than any other state and it still doesn't stop them from happening. Fear of prosecution doesn't stop individuals from comitting crimes.
I have no argument, just a simple statement of fact. There's not much to fear from writing a bad check for a small amount. And definitely not for an internet deal.

Risk vs. reward. Beaucoup money in drugs and stolen property, hence the continuing problem. Sometimes for killing, too.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have no argument, just a simple statement of fact. There's not much to fear from writing a bad check for a small amount. And definitely not for an internet deal.

Risk vs. reward.

You're exactly right. Nothing is going to happen to this guy. It wouldn't be worth the effort or time. I never said THIS individual would be prosecuted. My point was and is still the same, if it happened locally, my local DA would prosecute.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
We execute more people in Texas than any other state and it still doesn't stop them from happening.

For bad checks?? shocked

Damn, Texas is TOUGH!! eek

Just kidding guys, trying to inject some humor and break up your little ongoing scuff. Time for everybody to take a breath and give it a rest....

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If you're out writing hot checks, you're not smart enough to make $$ in drugs or murder.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
No worries on my side, I think bricktop is the cat's pajamas.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
They don't bother with bad checks in my county either, unless you know somebody. They are not going to waste their time for a couple of hundred bucks, and send the sheriff out to put a lean on their TV because thats all they have in their name. My brother got burned for three grand. DA said sue them, there is no teeth in civil but thats the way it is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dang what state are yall in where there are no bad check prosecutions? Our bad check unit is busy as hell. Most offenders enter pretrial intervention programs that allow them to pay the check off without getting a felony conviction. If they bust out of PTI they are treated just like any other thief. I have seen more than one in hand cuffs and an orange jumpsuit headed to a restitution centers or prison. Now, I am not talking about a 50 dollar check written by someone out of state. I am only referring to felony amounts of 250 plus presented in this jurisdiction. But collecting money and fees on bad checks is big business for our local DAs office.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The bank I deal with electronically transfers the money from The Bank the check was drawn on right now.If the moneys not there they tell you right now.There is no waiting to see if the check cleared.I live in a small town and our bank has been doing this for at least 4 years.That is why to me a personal check is as good as a money order.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Dang what state are yall in where there are no bad check prosecutions? Our bad check unit is busy as hell. Most offenders enter pretrial intervention programs that allow them to pay the check off without getting a felony conviction. If they bust out of PTI they are treated just like any other thief. I have seen more than one in hand cuffs and an orange jumpsuit headed to a restitution centers or prison. Now, I am not talking about a 50 dollar check written by someone out of state. I am only referring to felony amounts of 250 plus presented in this jurisdiction. But collecting money and fees on bad checks is big business for our local DAs office.
Horseshit. Think up a better story.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
In NH....

It's a bad check case, end of discussion. It's a crime, end of discussion (Misd. vs. Felony based on amount). It would rate follow-up and a warrant if the victim did what was required of him. Even at the felony level, extradition isn't going to happen. There would be a warrant waiting in the system, though...

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by venado_hunter
Hate to break it to you brick, but that is a crime called theft by check, at least here in texas..
Our local county attorney would take the case.
I dont know all the particulars here, but it could be an option to entice the dead beat to pay.
And yes, i was an officer here for 10 years.
Local politicians like the county attorneys office love to keep constituents happy.
Hate to break it to you, dickhead, but you've got your head buried so far up your ass that the smell from this morning's breakfast is clouding your "judgment."

No, your "local county attorney" wouldn't take the case and I'm going to ask your dumb, fairy tale believing ass to show proof otherwise.

Couldn't give a f*ck less if you were "an officer here for 10 years" in Bumblef*ck, Nowhere. It's a shame you never gained a grasp on any sort of reality in those wasted ten years.

Hey Brick, aren't you about due for a rabies test?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Glad I BT on the ignore list, what a clown

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Horseshit. Think up a better story.

Eddybo's a lawyer, he didn't just make that up dumbazz.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not sure what you could do on this bad check thing that would be worth the $50 you lost. By the time you go through with anything you bet your ass it will take more than 50 bucks.

I bet if you just would have got up with the guy before you bashed his name it might have all worked out. The second you post something like this up on here , you get people who jump in and slam the guy with out even knowing the whole deal. Makes it really hard for him to give a rats ass at this point. I'm just saying

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,621
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.