C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by humdinger
So far I have seen:
SS model 60's
Same in the box magazine version (75?)
Very few 10 22's, but a SS one with a 25 rounder.
Winchester 190
Remington 572

Anyone else see the show and spot anything unusual?
I laughed when the one kid took a 22 mag single action for "big power" compared to the ineffective 22 rifle he was using. Now that was scary watching him shoot a thrashing gator with the short barrel waving around.

(I hope someone else will admit to watching this show....)

It's not a Winchester 190, but a RUGER 96 in 22 WMR that Troy & Clint are using this year.
R J & J Paul uses a 17 HMR

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
do you actually believe that one man can pull a 600 lb gator in the boat by its head. you ever tryed to pull a 250lb person up over the side of a boat. i think they add to the real weight alot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've often had that thought as well.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Suprised they haven't blown up any of the guns by pushing the barrel into the water and firing? I'm sure its a matter of time. Good show though. I like listening to Troy.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ingwe
From the time a gator is hooked, the sidekick picks up a rifle to shoot it, and it finally gets shot after all the staged tugging, Ive I as many as four different rifles in the shooters hands...
The editors must think no one is paying attention.

I'm glad I'm not the only one aggravated by such a disregard for gun related details. To those Hollywood types, guns are a generic entity with no differentiation as to brand, type, caliber, etc.

They have violate my sensitivities.

DF

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
I love the fact that some of those guys need subtitles.

I also really like the swamp dude from axmen.

Come'on Willie! Heirwegooo!

swamp dude from axmen with his jet boat is going to kill some damn body...that is one crazy sob.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
No worries, Shelby got his jet boat voodoo exorcised.... wink

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sooo.... I was reading a article about my nylon 66 rifle and the origional remington advertising stated it was the only rifle that stood up to abuse of Alaskan fisherman using them to protect their nets from marauding sea lions....

So wouldn't the nylon 66 be THEE ultimate swamp gator gun???

Discussion please...

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Yes. I bought one soon after they came out and decided to test it. Their claim was that it could bounce around in the bottom of the boat or canoe and it would still shoot when called on. I abused the one I had very badly and it never failed to shoot except for a few bad shells. Not the rifles fault. It was carried daily by me when I worked on two different minnow farms. On one it rode in a ton truck that we used to seine with and it melted the lever that you pull the bolt back with from it being against the transmission housing that heated up. On the other farm it rode between the seats of a jeep with no top. It stayed there day and night, sunshine and rain, dust and fish feed blowing about. After leaving the fish farms, I left it leaning against a tree in the front yard from November until March one year, except when I took it hunting. After using it, I would lean it back against the tree. After about ten years of this, I cleaned it. I still have the gun and it still shoots good. I did paint the barrel a flat black after the tests were over. Those little rifles were tough. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Esox357
Suprised they haven't blown up any of the guns by pushing the barrel into the water and firing? I'm sure its a matter of time. Good show though. I like listening to Troy.

How would you blow up a gun by putting the barrel under water? Pressure will keep water out of the tube, and it'll fire fine and safely every last time, UNLESS they mess up and allow water to enter the barrel. Thats actually hard to do unless you drop the gun into the water due to pressure principles.

I've done it a few times and you won't have an issue if you pay attention.
I"ve also ended up with a dunked shotgun on a duck hunt, just pour the water out of the barrel to be sure and shoot ducks.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Well yeah.....duh... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After watching shows like this, even a life member of the NRA would start to embrace gun control...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think in his own way Troy is pretty cool just a hard workin SOB

I love the Brothers when they went out for Squirrel and dumplings that was my favorite

The was this sissorbill with a braided ponytail and a Ruger P9 (I think)
and he shot the snake in the water.I have doubts but if it was true it was a heck of a shot

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by boatboy
I think in his own way Troy is pretty cool just a hard workin SOB.

Troy Landry is a successful businessman apart from the show. I would guess Mr. Landry is going to make more money off this project than any of the rest, because he knows how to promote a brand and how to turn notoriety into cash. He's my favorite with Houmas Indians, R.J. and Jay Paul Molinere, a close second.

DF

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by buckthumper
I would think a pistol would be more manuverable and safer than a rifle, you would just have to pay attention to where your hand was.

I remember back in the day (a long time ago) as rookie member of the coon hunting posse, it was my job to step on the coons when the dogs didn't want to let go.

Lost quite a few hip boots that way - when the coons weren't all the way dead.

My great uncle suggested money well spent would be a single six.

Got pretty good at doing the ol' point blank bada bing without shooting the dogs OR, more importantly, my foot.

But I agree, a nice semi-auto pistola was my thought when watching some of the one-handed rifle operations on that show.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I really enjoy watching the show, but I do get annoyed at the deal where they are holding 4 different guns on one gator catch.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ingwe

Well yeah.....duh... grin

Especially the black stocked, chromed version. That one should be able to take just about anything those guys could dish out. And from what I've seen they're not gun Loonies. Guns to them, other than R.J. and Jay Paul, are just tools. Those two are Native Americans, not Cajuns... smile

In this part of the country, we know that a bonafide, card carrying Cajun could trash an anvil, warp a crowbar... shocked

Their guns, all too often, reflect just that... cry

DF

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have the apache black version and I agree it would be the ultimate gun. Light weight with a top tang safety and that low maintenance nylon.
Darn apache black versions are selling for around $450 so I wonder if I dare shoot mine much anymore.

I think using a 22 like a bang stick is almost safer than a 22 pistol because at least the discharge is down near the water instead of by your knee when your neighbor tugging on the gator bumps you out of balance.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
didn't one of the guys actually shoot his son on accident? I think it was willie and junior.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Didnt technically "shoot" him. If i remember right, he did not shoot the gator in the sweet spot and hit hard bone. They said the bullet fragmented and he got hit with pieces.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.