-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like it just like it is...great looking swirly pattern.

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree josh, doesn't look even close to 50/50 shocked. But...it's really a crap shoot if you'll get the percentages you picture in your mind...or order.

superseal's stock is one in a million. It turned out georgeous. We've all lusted over those colors for years. Heck, a few guys (yourself included) have even tried to duplicate it. But, it's never been done.

Some guys have suggested that you send a pic in with your order, if you're trying to duplicate another stock. I'm gonna do that with my next one. I think that stock will grow on ya. smile

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Josh,

Did you order it black/orange or orange/black? I read here once that the first color listed in a 50/50 order will be the "primary" color.

Looks awesome regardless.

Travis

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Now you want me to read after you done gave me the idea of gettin all hoooched up????? Its my off day anyhow!! Ordered it with black first in the order.

Thanks...the color pattern was really the least of my worries. The gray glazie look was not so bitchin.. grin

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I'll just keep my steel wool and water handy for my KS McWoody thats on order...I just got the "McMillan virginity" knocked outta me today...tas all blush

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Josh, looks good.. I know what your saying on the colors, but it still looks good..

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Josh,

Does that shine it or polish it to some degree? I've never heard of that before.

I might get drunk and do that some time. Make my 7-08 even more gorgeous. If that's even possible...

Travis

That is planning that everyone can appreciate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joshf303

I WAS JUST WORRIED THAT I COULDN'T COME BACK FROM "ALL THAT BLACK!" shhhhh...don't tell nobody

It'll make your caliber bigger....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RDW
Ya'll pay 500 bones for a McM and accept sanding marks and inconsistent color as "quality" only to save a few ounces of weight.

Check out the B&C Medalist, standard equipment on the Winnie Extreme Weather, nice thick grip, consistent finish and stiff enough to use for a boat paddle or club if necessary wink

I gotta admit, the Medalist is a great stock but I can't use it to flag down a search and rescue plane, that *win* goes to the McSwirly.

the McM cost about twice as much, but then again it is twice the stock the Win Medalist is. i do like the B&C Remington Ti stocks though. just not quite as much as the McMillans.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That looks purty good to me.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'll just keep my steel wool and water handy for my KS McWoody thats on order...I just got the "McMillan virginity" knocked outta me today...tas all blush

You're gonna have to get fuggin' HAMMERED if you plan on polishing your Woody with steel wool...

Travis

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by RDW
Ya'll pay 500 bones for a McM and accept sanding marks and inconsistent color as "quality" only to save a few ounces of weight.

Check out the B&C Medalist, standard equipment on the Winnie Extreme Weather, nice thick grip, consistent finish and stiff enough to use for a boat paddle or club if necessary wink

I gotta admit, the Medalist is a great stock but I can't use it to flag down a search and rescue plane, that *win* goes to the McSwirly.

I have a Medalist on a .338 Win Mag. The grip shape buts the bolt right on my trigger finger. The recoil puts a big knot on my finger and peels a layer of hide off after about 15 shots. Anybody else have this happen? I have never had a Model 700 do that to me before, so I like to think it is the shape and style of the pistol grip portion of the stock.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I'll stick to how the grip of the MR or KS pattern fit compared to the stock on my EX Weather. No comparision IMO.

Shoulda take a few before and after pictures. Don't know if you would have been able to tell the differences after the wet sanding (even w/ some adult beverages, Travis grin).

I dig this side

[Linked Image]

This side, not SO much. Goes to moslty all black from middle of the action inlet forward.

I like the stock portion of the black side. Looks like real fire. Too bad the entire stock didnt come out like that.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Oakster

I have a Medalist on a .338 Win Mag. The grip shape buts the bolt right on my trigger finger. The recoil puts a big knot on my finger and peels a layer of hide off after about 15 shots. Anybody else have this happen? I have never had a Model 700 do that to me before, so I like to think it is the shape and style of the pistol grip portion of the stock.

mine is on a M70 in .358 WSM. it doesn't bonk my trigger finger, but i have big paws and wrap my pinky around the bottom of the grip, which probably pulls my hand away from the bolt handle.

josh, i think that stock is a beaut. seriously, i'd be happy as a clam with it.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ya'll missed my point, swirley blinded by the shimmering McShurley colors. For the price paid, there should be no wet sanding or polishing required and the base material, resin or cloth, should not show through the color.

I can see it now, your eyes glaze over with the first glimpse of the long awaited stock, and, after paying a [bleep] of money the defects or poor workmanship are deemed acceptable and you call it a diamond.

If you paid 500.00 for a AAA Walnut stock, would you accept some scratches or sand them down and re-finish it?

Would you accept overruns in the checkering?

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
McM clearly states on their website that a swirly finish is a utility grade finish and says there will be imperfections.

Their painted stocks are both lighter and more finely finished than a swirly.

I'll take a perfectly fitting stock, precisely inletted with finish imperfections over a club with an aluminum crutch like the B&C every day all day.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you paid $500 for a wood stock I can assure you it wouldn't be close to AAA grade. Much closer to utility grade, if that.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
RDW, have you owned or even held a McMillan stock?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like that as well. You'll do well with it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I polished one, didn't like it, and roughed it right back up with sandpaper.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (22kHornet, 160user, 257man, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,834
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.