-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is the model of binoculars I was refering to. For campfire members they are $149.99, cheaper than the price advertised on the link.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=62038

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
those are very nice bino's! been thinking of buying a pair myself!

thanks again guys!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
I just asked my wife to find out today in church - I'll let you know.

any luck?

Sorry, just woke up. I'm in Afghanistan, half a day ahead of the states. My wife asked the mother of the boy I was thinking about and his grandfather already filled the need. He's got a 7mm-08 and some other gear now. I might be taking him along with my son and I for spring black bear when I go home in leave in May. I'm sure just the right kid will be getting this BLR though!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Matt thanks! thanks for your service too! where are you stationed? Rich or eilson?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[s][/s]waynewright. less you're airforce?

btw, My spelling sucks!

Last edited by Paul Walukewicz; 03/11/12.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ft. Rich - by the way this is the fourth such project I've seen on this forum. Unbelievable place! One of those projects is a 35 Whelen being built for me - I come here to get an education on the caliber on the advice of a friend and wind up with a custom built rifle! I'll be looking for further projects like this, and might even head one up myself someday.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
i'm on the hunt for a suitable box tomorrow. I'll grab some bubble wrap too! I'm almost as excited as if i were getting something new!

Thanks to all of you that are helping and those that want too but just can't! Every other time something like this has gone on i've been too broke to help. this time it's my turn to give a little and i'm very excited to do it!

Someone find us a kid! please!!!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
i was stationed in Kenai, Tok, and Ketchikan. I love it up there. my boys want us to move back. time will tell, hoping for a promotion soon!

the 35 is a bad SOB! love the two i have. hit me with an addy if you need bullets...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I hope you can make it back! Maybe we'll get to go knock down a moose or caribou sometime. I'm pretty well stocked up for now on bullets. I ordered a box each of 225 and 250 gr. Nosler partitions, and one of the forum members is sending a box of 225 gr. TTSXs.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
i've had my best luck with 225 sierra's. hit me up if you get low... i'm a bullet whore... grins

I'm hoping to as well! spent ten years up there and want to spend some more time! sheeps is on the menu next time though...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul, PM me when you need some of that brass.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tanner, will do! thanks again! it's great seeing kids helping kids! you are going to make one hell of a Man!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was stationed in Adak,, been to Ft. Greely/Deta Junction and TOK. Yep I would love to be back in AK. Sounds like you were Coast Guard. I was Navy now DOD.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i've had my best luck with 225 sierra's. hit me up if you get low... i'm a bullet whore... grins

I'm hoping to as well! spent ten years up there and want to spend some more time! sheeps is on the menu next time though...

Will do, I haven't got any sheep yet myself, but I will eventually. Now to keep this on topic - Come on folks, somebody has to know a youngster who wants to hunt in a family that can't afford a rifle! grin

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smithrjd
I was stationed in Adak,, been to Ft. Greely/Deta Junction and TOK. Yep I would love to be back in AK. Sounds like you were Coast Guard. I was Navy now DOD.

Yup... puddle pirate... ha ha ha. Some of the prettiest country was up in Tok!! the winters sucked though.

Thanks for your service!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, I'm off to work for the day. Got some trucks to get ready for convoy.... Maybe there will be a kid selected by the time I'm done for the day. I think I'm almost as excited as you Paul!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
i've a secret place to go but won't tell you till i can make it up there. kick myself for not hunting goats in SE when i was there!

come on folks! i don't care if it's YOUR kid that deserves it! maybe its a kid who does something to promote the sport? give us some ideas and the forum will decide!

thanks again for all the stuff y'all have offered up! really is an amazing place!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I put in their FM radio service at both Ft. Greely and Tok, Loran Station at Tok. From what I have heard they are now closed. Greely is still open. Had Moose burgers and Yak when I was at Tok..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tanner, will do! thanks again! it's great seeing kids helping kids! you are going to make one hell of a Man!!!
Hey I turn 18 on Friday man c'mon laugh

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
yup. Tok is closed thanks to the current administration. too bad as it really was a sweet job!

Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 808outdoors, 35, 10Glocks, 308ld, 8 invisible), 1,249 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.