Page 15 of 30 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz

TOAD,

if you have any other ingrams, i'm a deserving kid!!!! grins

That is one hell of a knife and i hope the kid truly appreciates it for what it really is!

he'll probably beat the snot out of it, just like i would have when i was a kid, but that's as good of a life for a working knife as any

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
they ain't built to be stuck in a drawer! I beat mine to chit every season and i've yet to be disappointed!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
i might have some bases to offer up depending on action? i could dig through my stuff and find something else once we find out what's needed?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have Leupold bases for M7 and 700 SA and LA. I'd be thrilled to contribute them if it turns out to be a remmie.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, we need some questions answered for sure.

I have an RCBS powder measure, possibly some components, and some other things I'm sure I can find.

This is the last of my spare powder measures though! grin

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
these are the reasons i do what i do!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
bottom two are video links...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The red dot is skookum on a .22 for kids... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very very cool Paul!

I have three of my own, 8,10, and 13. The oldest my only daughter.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
they dig it very much... took it off my shotgun and put it on there after they got it for christmas! they like spraying and praying... grins

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
thanks, they are 7 and 13..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree that Root chit in the punch bowl as per his usual. I also buy into DClaytons story and have no reservations going that route and mailing goods once we find out the needs.

Once we know the rifle we can sort out goodies. Seems JG has a great scope offered

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Since others are offering gear for dclayton's nephew as well, I'll let you all in on the plans so far. And FWIW, I've talked to him quite a bit via PMs. I wouldn't question his validity for a second. He's going to spend some time with James to determine what caliber, action type etc. he would prefer. I had at first suggested that I could send him a gift cert. for a sporting goods store near him, but he suggested we might put it to the members on the fire, in case someone here has a rifle that might match what James would like. I'll be ready to make the purchase around the beginning of Sept. If any fire members have a rifle they might be willing to sell for this, please let me know.

Just keep in mind I'll be waiting to hear from dclayton on which caliber and action type. My budget will be around $500 to $600 for this. Let's get another young man out in the woods!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wow, I�ve been gone for a bit, and a lots been going on. Thanks for all the posts, I�m much obliged for all you guys are doing. I�ll try and answer the various questions that have come up here.

Regarding the important question of bona fides. It�s true that I am new to the Fire, and I�m grateful for the warm welcome I�ve received, even setting aside your generosity to James. I also recognize that it�s only prudent for you all to be cautious and make sure that your generosity isn�t going to line my pockets (or gun safe). I am a little hesitant to put up too much personal data about James� family in such a public forum (I imagine everyone understands, but especially the parents among you). What I thought might make sense is for those who have said they are giving something or are thinking about doing so to PM me�I�ve already been in touch with AlaskanMatt some�and I can tell more about who I am as well as plenty of details about James and his family, and maybe some pics, and answer any questions. Or alternately I can just explain everything to AlaskanMatt, who already knows some more about James & co (and who is making the largest gift), and refer you to him. I hope that seems reasonable to you all, but please let me know if there is something else that you think would be appropriate. If the people who are giving are satisfied that I�m legit (or more to the point, that James is!), maybe they can post something on the thread to that effect.

nsaqam-James� family doesn�t do any reloading, unfortunately.

JGRaider-The Simmons scope you mention is of course a wonderful addition. I will PM you some more details and answer any questions you have.

I will talk to James & his parents and try and come up with a list of the things that would be useful for him.

Again, thanks for everything!

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I for one need no further proof of your or James' legitimacy.
If Matt vouches for you that is good enough for me. Not to mention the good vibes I got from you personally.
Seems as though I'll have plenty of time to find something to contribute.

Keep us informed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have we gotten any nominations for that sweet SigSauer 522 of FOst's yet?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
After corresponding with clayton via PM's, I'm more than comfy with him and his nominee, for what that's worth. My Simmons is heading for clayton's casa!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Awaiting gear list of need then I'm gonna burrow through my spare parts bins, find some unused gear or get to shopping for Claytons nephew.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I know a guy who has another hard case he would donate to the boy. Not an SKB, but a good one nevertheless.

The guy is me, of course. I'd be glad to help again.

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 03/24/12.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
they dig it very much... took it off my shotgun and put it on there after they got it for christmas! they like spraying and praying... grins

Nothing bad about spraying and praying done safely. I know when I was a kid the bullseye shooting would get pretty mundane. Then the old man brought out the old watermelon, cabbage and old egg targets. That's a little more entertaining and keeps you interested as a kid. Zombie targets would have been fun too. You gotta keep them interested so you don't loose them to Nintendo.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Page 15 of 30 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (ar33c9, 808outdoors, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,204 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,688
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.