Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
E Blair Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Just found out about Luxus Arms. It starts out at $2,995.00 and you can go from there with lots of options for wood, engraving, etc. I had never heard of this rifle before. Any campfire members have one or know somebody who hunts with them? They look too pretty to take out in the rain or beat through the bush with.

http://luxusarms.com/html/luxus_arms_story.html

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
There's an article by Boddington in the recent issue of....Guns & Ammo I believe which I found informative.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
For $2,950 you could build a custom falling block single shot that would put those POS to shame.

Boddington's article is a great examples of the praise that can be bought for a free rifle.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The only uglier single shot action is the Martini Henry. But, on second thought, maybe I like the the Martini better!! Beautiful wood on it is a waste.

El Numero Uno
a Serious Collector of the Ruger No.1 rifle;
a Modern Classic Sporting Arm
E
E Blair Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
I was thinking for as much as they ask for the basic model, you could get a really nice Shiloh Sharps. Maybe they want to become America's Blaser. But those are not single shots. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I agree with you Lee. Not much more than an Encore with a proper rifle pistol grip.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by E Blair
I was thinking for as much as they ask for the basic model, you could get a really nice Shiloh Sharps. Maybe they want to become America's Blaser. But those are not single shots. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

I was thinking along those lines as well, although I'd put 3K toward a Dakota 10....

“Factio democratica delenda est"
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
although I'd put 3K toward a Dakota 10....

THIS...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
would have been better had they simply stuff to selling blanks... they were over priced as hell then also but if you wanted some of the best wood in the world, they had it.

Andrew
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of my buds had a #1 re-stocked by them,it didn't go well. The finish was not dry and after sending off to another gunsmith I know,he found the fitting to be bad and a internal crack. It's now being reshaped,recheckered and a proper finsh being done.The wood is great,just didn't have any decent fit to it.
I'm not ready for one of their rifles at this point...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B3

A
A
No one got a free rifle.
Not Craig, and Not the NRA, who recently wrote an article about us as well.

I will be at the NRA show in St. Louis with one of our biggest dealers�please stop by and say hello to me and give me your opinion after you have handled the gun and seen how well it is made.

We are an American Start-up firearms manufacturer in an economy that is depressed...I should think anyone would be proud of us. We are a young energetic, enthusiastic company who stands behind our word and practices an honest business.
Further, here we are building firearms at a demand that is proving to be stronger than anyone suspected....so there are indeed a great many buyers out there who actually like the looks and appreciate a - 100% made in the USA - firearm built to the highest machining standards, CNC machined from billet 4140 with the highest grade walnut ever seen on a firearm at our intro price.

Jim62, wareagle, I do not know who you are, but I can promise you have never been a customer of Luxus Walnut based on your previous posts about us...those that know us are also friends of ours and have nothing negative to say about us.
I suspect your friends with someone who was once in the walnut business.....? It does not matter. I am sorry you feel the need to post publicly about us like you have when you have never met, spoken to, or had business with any of us.
Once you have been a customer of ours, then you have the right to an opinion about us, and our business practices...which by the way are great. How else would we now be where we are?...a rapidly growing company.

As for our little rifle, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
We built the rifle to serve a purpose, as in form following function. We could build any design we wish/wished. We built a rifle that is:
Accurate...they shoot great and come with a test target.
Reliable...A bullet proof design that is efficient and stout.
Safe...several patents pending worth of designs.
Functional...Switch calibers in minutes anywhere in the world.
A joy to carry...Very trim and lightning fast to point.
And oh yeah, we are including high grade wood without increasing the price.

As stated above...we are indeed building them as fast as we can due to high demand.
If you do not like what we do, why get on a public forum and bad mouth a product you have neither seen nor held, let alone purchased or shot?

I wish you all well, even those who are negative to us - whom you have never met.
May we meet on a hunt one day, I am positive you will buy a Model 11 from me when we are done visiting�if not I will buy your drink.

My sincere and very best wishes to everyone.

Adam Freeman
www.luxusarms.com

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by AFreeman; 04/04/12.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No Adam.

I HAVE bought walnut from you personally. It was misrepresented- as is your $3,000 Handi rifle.

There are still folks who remember your collosal rat [bleep] called "Tomahawk gunstocks" ..

And your bait and switch bullschit promoting of your replacement Ruger no1 and TC stocks that were supposed to be "affordable" at over $1,500?

The post by "rifle" on page one of this thread looks like they were a ripoff , as well.

You are a world class snake oil saleman in my informed opinion and a your warrantee means nothing down the road. I am certain that 5 years from now you will no longer be making those model 11s and will be on to some other well promoted scam.

Your business ethics and marketing remind me of your crooked mentors, the Allens of Dakota Arms "fame". Weasels like you always think the general public are suckers.

BTW, this website has a paid advertising policy.

Your BS post above sure reads like ad copy.

Go slither back over to AR where you belong.

Last edited by jim62; 04/06/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
A
A
LOL, I will rise to your tacky bait once.

By the way...nice choice of English language...wonderful manners.

You have never bought wood from us. I know this because if you had and if you were indeed not happy all you would have to do is to have called us. The wood can be returned and or replaced.
We have done that when the rare occasion someone did not like it, but even here in this thread it was stated we have some of the best in the world.
If you bought and did not like...you should have called. No one to blame but you for not calling.

I Suspect I Do know wHo you are, I am sure we will meet. =)

The Tomahawk stocks were a great success. That was started by me personally prior to Luxus. For me to continue to do those stocks posed a conflict of interest for Luxus.
I stopped them despite many people asking me to continue. And as stated, Sir Jim62, it was a fine success...I sold 413 of them within a year. All delivered and none returned...and I still have the same email address for anyone to contact me for a return...none ever have.

The Ruger stocks were a custom shop endeavor for the simple reason to get our machinery and personnel up and running as we headed into our own proprietary firearm and design. Our model 11 was still in the development stages and we had a lot of machinery being purchased and we were tearing apart every known single shot on the market to look at various designs.
We, as Luxus, get a great many calls from people asking about stocking the Ruger No. 1, so, naturally we decided this would be a good rifle stock to start building in house to qualify the machinery and people.
That Jim is efficient business.

You clearly have an axe to grind with me personally (and the Allens for some strange reason), sorry for you, you should change your outlook on life. All anyone has to do is read the internet by using the Google search and the only foul-lipped service coming from anyone on the entire web....is you. Hmmm...

Keep reading everywhere else and everyone else seems to like us. Why? Well, because we are indeed the exact opposite of all that you espouse we are...we are ethical and straight with people.

I have no further comment; I suggest you do the same. Anyone reading either of our comments can clearly read you have an issue.

Visit with me at a show�I will be at the NRA. Tell me in person your grievance you have with me.

In the meantime, read your own signature by Teddy R.�. "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."

You are a critic Jim, and we sir are the men in the arena, building a company that others appreciate.

Goodbye

Last edited by AFreeman; 04/06/12.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No critic here Adam. Just responding to a crook like you.

I know for a FACT who I paid for those misrepresented English blanks l many years ago- A. Freeman.

Your response is FUNNY because delusional crooks like you only see what they want to. Your threads /posts on Accurate reloading over the last 3 years promoting your replacement Ruger no 1 stocks clearly show your "bait and switch" marketing techniques in terms of cost and avialability.

I also know your rep with MANY folks in the custom gun industry who have caught you misrepresenting wood with doctored photos and stain etc. Many guild members would not buy wood from you if it came with a free bar of gold attached.

Tomahawk stocks was not a "success"- it went out of business in a less than two years because you only used it to peddle your undersized rifle blanks. You were using blanks so short you had to glue blocks of wood on the end of the butts to make length. It looked like schit and was no "investment". A highschooler in a garage could have designed and made a better stock. Once you ran out of short/thin rifle blanks -you moved on.

The Ruger no1 stock you sold "Rifle" here on this thread sure looks like no bargain. Where was your "customer service" for him?

You are a good snake oil salesman. Proof of that is your bait and swtich BS Photo on your first post here.

That gun has $1,000 worth of wood upgrades and finish options on it. And yet you claim they are $2,950 rifles.

Your spamming of your advertising copy here is pretty shameful, but you pretty much have the market cornered on shameful, don't you?

And BTW Adam, you SHOULD save your "we will meet .etc" THREATS for some other venue. They really look like physical threats to me. Certainly something that a business owner and could be held legally liable should not be doing.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are nice looking....I wouldn't scatter my pearls if I were you. There's a million a$$holes here and a few nice folks too.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Swampman700
They are nice looking....I wouldn't scatter my pearls if I were you. There's a million a$$holes here and a few nice folks too.

Swampturd.

No "Pearls" here- just a $3,000 Handi-rifle with absolutely no design or production track record.

But then again, a complete moron like you would be Luxus' target consumer.

Swampturd, you claim Shilohs are over priced, well they are TWICE as good of a gun as a Luxus m11 and built by a firm with 35+ years of a track record of REAL service and quality.

I do suggest you buy a Luxus m11 with your imaginary money Swampturd. It was made for a sucker like you.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never claimed Shilohs were overpriced. I think they are a little weak in the accuracy dept for the cost. For less money I'd probably just send a #1 to Doug Turnbull.

I think the Luxus is a nice rifle, but I know you're an a$$hole.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I've never claimed Shilohs were overpriced. I think they are a little weak in the accuracy dept for the cost. For less money I'd probably just send a #1 to Doug Turnbull.

I think the Luxus is a nice rifle, but I know you're an a$$hole.

Swampturd,

Coming from you, that does no mean much on any score.

You are a dumbass, a liar AND an azzhole.

And, everyone on this site and youtube can see that.

And judging by your effeminate voice in your Youtube videos, a homosexual as well.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I rest my case.

E
E Blair Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Maybe it is just me, but I can't see spending $3,000+ on a rifle just being brought out on the market. You would know what you were buying if it was a Krieghoff Ubertus, for example. The Luxus might look nice, but who knows for sure. It may not be around in five years. But it's your money!;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

432 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,550
Posts18,510,316
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.