Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
See, Ms. 243,

your "Husband" is a complete idiot, and nobody that would be trusted in and around this site.

In short, a [bleep]' disgrace.

Sorry Ma'm.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I smell burned toast.... The poacher tip line is genius Cross....

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obama-licking liberal troll is not normal.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ihookem
He hit the nail though. Akeem, maybe they have terror cell groups in Mexico now. Scary.

The whole thing is a little, no make that a lot weird.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

No genius, just a mild case of the azz with Communism in general,.....probably going on 55 years old. wink

I've got an shortcut that just let's me get that tip line right up, and pronto.

Rumor would have it that his local Wardens are not amused.

Oh well, [bleep] em' if they can't take a joke,

Right Poachy243 ? grin

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ihookem
He hit the nail though. Akeem, maybe they have terror cell groups in Mexico now. Scary.

Jeez, ya' REALLY think so ?

GTC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been stuck in the wrong lane there and almost made the same turn. Had to literally stop in traffic and wend my way to the correct lane depending on other drivers to let me by. I sympathize with the driver.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by batch
I've been stuck in the wrong lane there and almost made the same turn. Had to literally stop in traffic and wend my way to the correct lane depending on other drivers to let me by. I sympathize with the driver.

LMAO

No, I don't think you could begin to sympathize with that driver, I hate to think of what's gonna happen to him, he probably wants to be enrolled in the witness protection program. laugh

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yep, there's places like that where if ya didn't know YOU ARE ABOUT TO ENTER MEXICO or didn't realize ya just couldn't turn around and come right back those unfamiliar might drive right in. That same prospect concerns us every time we drive to any of all those Texas Border communities where the downtown area sits right on the river, with the bridge right there. As in make a left and go 100 yards you're in Mexico.

That part of the story is plausible, so is the concept of packing the load low on account of the weight. Dunno how much it was "hidden", for that we are taking the word of the Mexican Federales via the MSM.

Both the shipper and the customer sound legit too.

Whatever the circumstance, Ol' Akeem is in for a world of hurt, there's been Americans in the past detained for months or years down there, for mere handfuls of sporting ammo inadvertently left in the trunk.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

yup. laugh my arse off everytime i see it laugh fuggin' poacher!

Last edited by steelheadslayer; 04/20/12.

=========================================================
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 243WSSM
I may be just a bit prejudiced here, but a truck driver named Akeem working for the United Nations Ammo Corp.?

I don know.... laugh

I sorta want to know more about this ammo and where is was headed by who to who.

Wait a minute, if it was a legal load why was it being hidden in the floor?

Where are you coming up with it was hidden in the floor?
It was 9 pallets of ammo. Not something you can hide in the floor.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_...into-juarez-load-ammo?source=most_viewed

The U.S. truck driver detained by Mexican authorities Tuesday with 268,000 rounds of ammunition was transporting a legal cargo to Phoenix but mistakenly exited to Ju�rez, the man's employer said on Wednesday.

Dennis Mekenye, owner of Demco Transportation Inc. in Arlington, Texas, said Bogan Jabin Akeem, 27, left Dallas on Monday with a trailer with nine pallets containing the ammunition.

� Photos: Ammunition seizure in Ju�rez, U.S. trucker arrested

The cargo was being taken from Tennessee to an ammunition retailer in Phoenix called United Nations Ammo Co. as part of a legitimate transaction, Mekenye said.
� Photos: Ammunition seizure in Ju�rez, U.S. trucker arrested
http://photos.elpasotimes.com/2012/04/18/photos-ammunition-seizure-in-juarez-u-s-trucker-arrested/

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those Federale bastards are more concerned with "Photo Ops" than doing anything of REAL value, this "Seizure" obviously being no exception. It's a lot SAFER to loiter at a crime scene , putting out hundreds of stupid little numbered markers where the brass rained than to CHASE the cartelistas.

Thanks for your update,and for debunking the ridiculous "Hidden in the floor" horsechit, Se�or.

GTC

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The article in the first post stated they used x-ray to fing the ammo under the pallets.

Now it it was a ligament load that made a wrong turn the truck would have hazmat placards on all four sides making it pretty obvious. Something real fishy between the two stories.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hell, I don't even SEE a placard rack on that trailer.

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F
The article in the first post stated they used x-ray to fing the ammo under the pallets.

Now it it was a ligament load that made a wrong turn the truck would have hazmat placards on all four sides making it pretty obvious. Something real fishy between the two stories.

Very odd indeed

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Hell, I don't even SEE a placard rack on that trailer.

GTC

BINGO!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Looks like neither article was written my someone who knew anything about what was going on. I am having a hard time swallowing the wrong turn thing when there are no placards on the back of that truck. It was not legal in the US and it sure is not in Mexico. There is nothing about this story as written that does not smell real fishy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Are we PERFECTLY certain that "ORMD" REQUIRES placarding ?

My HAZMAT ticket's a LONG way from current.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
this story has had a funky smell ever since it was first brought to light.
I would not be surprised if the whole thing was a eric holder operation in some shape or form.
Way too many changes to the 'facts' so far.

Sam......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Are we PERFECTLY certain that "ORMD" REQUIRES placarding ?

My HAZMAT ticket's a LONG way from current.

GTC

Maybe not. http://cfr.vlex.com/vid/173-63-packaging-exceptions-19942343

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, Akhutr, 7 invisible), 1,230 guests, and 702 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,226
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.