Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Right,that proves you can't count.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
5600 more turned out to hear Ron Paul at UCSD yesterday.

When was the last time a candidate drew thousands of people to his rallies every time he spoke?

The RNC is screwing up the chance to put a Republican in the White House in 2012.

That's a *fact*.

Shades of the Goldwater campaign.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[quote=elkhunternm]Really, so America's presence in far off places causes wars now?
Read more carefully. Not what I said. However, all those trip wires pull us into war whenever hostilities break out involving nations that host our bases. The wars of nations in far flung places should not concern the military of the United States unless Congress is moved by the will of their constituents at home to do so. The trip wires serve the purpose of making the involvement of our military automatic, bypassing Congress and the will of the American people. Ron Paul would like to restore our independence from foreign wars, apart from a decision by Congress to involve us in one. Part of the way he will do that is by pulling up our various and sundry war trip wires which previous administrations have established all over the globe. [/quote/] So how does that make America stronger,seems to me paul is a pacifast.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
With Paul polling in 4th at about 10% in Cali,and still behind two candidates who have dropped out,I'm thinking folks are simply getting in one last look at the world's greatest salesman before he retires to his porch in Texas. I think he's already signed to be the next "Sham-Wow" spokesperson.

Post the You-Tube vid of the Cali crowd singing "Nah,Nah,Nah,Nah,Hey Hey Good Bye"!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
However, all those trip wires pull us into war whenever hostilities break out involving nations that host our bases.
While not a fan of foreign bases, can you tell me when we became involved in a war due to having a base in that country, in, say, the last 50 years?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Don't be late to your Cinco De Mayo party waiting for a credible answer.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
So how does that make America stronger,seems to me paul is a pacifast.
A pacifist is someone who will not defend himself. In foreign policy, a pacifist would be someone who won't defend his nation if attacked. The trip wires weren't about defending the US, however. They were about being the world's police force. Withdrawing from a policy that pulls us into every outbreak of hostility anywhere across the globe doesn't decrease our national security. It increases it by a substantial margin.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RISJR
Don't be late to your Cinco De Mayo party waiting for a credible answer.
I don't do mayo grin, but I do have a couples shower for my daughter this afternoon. Have to shop for that first. It's an outdoor theme. May get her an 870.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Congrats to the family then.

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
However, all those trip wires pull us into war whenever hostilities break out involving nations that host our bases.
While not a fan of foreign bases, can you tell me when we became involved in a war due to having a base in that country, in, say, the last 50 years?
Well we certainly had bases in the region when Iraq invaded Kuwait. I seem to recall our military being drawn into that conflict. Had we no bases in the region, do you suppose we'd have involved ourselves in it?

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
that is only the case for people who think Ron Paul invented his agenda. He didn't. What he did was take the traditional small government, low tax, minimal regulation, strong defense GOP historical platform......subtract the strong defense...
Wrong. He never subtracted strong defense. He restored strong defense. The neocons subtracted it and replaced it with expanding an empire and nation building, which actually go contrary to a strong defense.
Is this the same ron paul who wants to close all military bases around the world,how would that make America stronger?

Because it would save the $ Trillions that are usually carried off budget from being spent in places where we really don't need to be.

If you think that borrowing and printing currency units in order to pay for foreign adventures that have little real affect on our national security makes us stronger, then I have some swampland in Florida to sell you.

I've made this point many, many, times, but the continued printing of currency and issuance of debt makes the country weaker. At some point, and sooner rather than later judging by what happened in the wake of the SWIFT banking decision, the world will no longer accept the green paper we euphemistically call money. When that happens, all of those troops involved in 135 countries around the globe are going to be essentially on their own unless we find some way to pay for their supplies and logistical needs, including transport home.

So yes, having bases in places that we are no longer needed does make us weaker, as it drains funds from the public coffers for no good purpose.

Last edited by mike762; 05/05/12.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
5600 more turned out to hear Ron Paul at UCSD yesterday.

When was the last time a candidate drew thousands of people to his rallies every time he spoke?

The RNC is screwing up the chance to put a Republican in the White House in 2012.

That's a *fact*.

I wonder if they all got a tingle down their leg, or is that just you and Bristoe.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I wonder if they all got a tingle down their leg, or is that just you and Bristoe.
Authentic conservatism is an exciting concept when folks believe the candidate really holds those views and isn't just espousing them to get elected.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Maybe he means Pearl Harbor...but that was a territory, not a foreign country.

the Paulies love their vision of a "little America"....humbled, timid, withdrawn from the world. that's why they have so much in common with the left on foreign policy.

maybe they should move to a small, timid country. this ain't it.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Anyone voting for Ron Paul at this stage merely proves the adage that there's a sucker born every minute.

And as for Ron Paul, it continues to prove his limitless ambition and that he doesn't give a damn about his 'supporters', but that he is merely using them, continuing to run and accept their money in these difficult financial times when he has ABSOLUTELY ZERO chance of winning the nomination, having won NOT A SINGLE STATE in the primaries. He'll prolly continue to accept their money even after the convention so he can put out another 'newsletter' bearing his name that he doesn't even write and that is all a fraud.

What a guy...

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Barry Goldwater has a better chance of getting elected president that Ron Paul does...and yeah, I know Barry's dead. My point exactly.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

the Paulies love their vision of a "little America"....humbled, timid, withdrawn from the world. that's why they have so much in common with the left on foreign policy.

You mean a small timid country that actually doesn't have a debt to GDP officially at 108%? Or one that has a debt when including unfunded liabilities-which include .mil pensions BTW-of $212 Trillion.

At some point we will be forced to "withdraw from the world". Better to do it on our terms than to have that withdrawal dictated by a lack of funds.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Far more important to the question of real national strength is to be a world economic super power. We killed the goose that laid the golden egg when we committed ourselves to policing the entire world with American empire. Ron Paul wants to revive that dead goose.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
in the first place, Paul's scary count of a jillion foreign bases is essentially false, unless you count embassy guards or platoon size liaison forces as a base.

in the second, it is not the cost of the defense establishment that has caused the budget/debt disaster.....it's the entitlement state pouring the money out the door, while the nanny state stifles real economic growth.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by mike762

You mean a small timid country that actually doesn't have a debt to GDP officially at 108%? Or one that has a debt when including unfunded liabilities-which include .mil pensions BTW-of $212 Trillion.

At some point we will be forced to "withdraw from the world". Better to do it on our terms than to have that withdrawal dictated by a lack of funds.

You can't 'withdraw from the world', and if you try to all you are going to do is put the country in harm's way just as much or more so than it is due to our current economic situaton. It's an unrealistic premise, but hey, when has reality ever mattered to Ron Paul...or his Paulbots. The Pied Piper plays them a song and they follow him along.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,899
Posts18,518,456
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.