Home
Posted By: Bristoe Another day,.. - 05/03/12
,..another enormous crowd shows up to hear Ron Paul.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-paul-california-on-may-2

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
Meanwhile,..7 people showed up at the Romney Rally,.....6 Mormons and an Amway salesman.
Lined up to vote Republican in California.

Posted By: doubletap Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
So, what would you accomplish letting Obama beat Paul?
Posted By: Gus Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
ya gotta give it to Dr. Paul. he is keeping on. what the final payout will be, i have no clue. but he does project a set of principles.

obviously he has struck a chord, especially with idealistic youngsters. perhaps some older adults have come to respect his perspective as well.

but, we don't need another four years of Obama philosophy. what to do to heal the chasm in the publican wing of the consortium?
The young people are tired of Obama,....not tired enough of him to vote for Romney,..but plenty tired enough of him to vote for Ron Paul.

That's why thousands of them turn out every time Ron Paul has a rally.
Posted By: TBaker5390 Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by doubletap
So, what would you accomplish letting Obama beat Paul?

Real Americans can say they tried...
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The only reason college students turn out for RP is because he wants to legalize Pot....

Once that issue is off the table, they could care less. Most of em probably aren't registered to vote anyway.
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by Gus
ya gotta give it to Dr. Paul. he is keeping on. what the final payout will be, i have no clue. but he does project a set of principles.

obviously he has struck a chord, especially with idealistic youngsters. perhaps some older adults have come to respect his perspective as well.

but, we don't need another four years of Obama philosophy. what to do to heal the chasm in the publican wing of the consortium?

Nominating an honest conservative would be a good start.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
The young people are tired of Obama,....not tired enough of him to vote for Romney,..but plenty tired enough of him to vote for Ron Paul.

And yet very few of them get out to vote for him,those thousands don't add up too win any primaries.
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

The only reason college students turn out for RP is because he wants to legalize Pot....

Once that issue is off the table, they could care less. Most of em probably aren't registered to vote anyway.

That is the most idiotic statement I have seen all week. You need to get out of your cabin and interact with some of the younger people in our society. Some of them may actually have values similar to yours.

Actually,...I think it's much more about jobs than pot.

There's a entire generation of college graduates working at Burger joints.

You can't pay off student loans with Burger joint money.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
There's a entire generation of college graduates working at Burger King.

you gotta start somewhere. smile
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
I don't know what happened to you... Used to by now, you'd be sending F'bombs flying left and right and telling others to go have a physically impossible romance with themselves... smirk

You cut back drinking or what..?

Stop making sense.. wink
I don't know what happened to you... Used to by now, you'd be sending F'bombs flying left and right and telling others to go have a physically impossible romance with themselves... smirk

You cut back drinking or what..?

Stop making sense.. wink

The world is starting to see things my way.

Constantly being ahead of the curve can get on your nerves.

After everybody else starts catching up, it's not so bad.
In 2007 it was me and a few others.

Now,...it's like this.

Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Another day,.. - 05/03/12
Meanwhile,..7 people showed up at the Romney Rally,.....6 Mormons and an Amway salesman.
laugh BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12

and then, sometimes, you schedule a rally and nobody comes:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_psVkzdwdY...Q6rGFcXQQ/s1600/13PAUL1-articleLarge.jpg
wonder why those people can't seem to find a voting booth? are they stoopid? felons? illegals? too libertarian to get an ID?
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
wonder why those people can't seem to find a voting booth? are they stoopid? felons? illegals? too libertarian to get an ID?
What's your theory?
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
Politics is a game of momentum.

There's been an unprecedented momentum shift in the past few weeks. I've never seen one like this.

It seemed to really take off after the St Charles Missouri Caucus.

The RNC stooges tried to bully a crowd consisting of a Ron Paul majority.

The crowds have been growing ever since.

Posted By: Gus Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
the demo-publican consortium is attempting to rationlize it's presence with the rest of the world, as rapidly as possible.

but, the debt, no one knows what to do with the debt, or even if it's relevant anymore?

Posted By: isaac Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
There's been an unprecedented momentum shift in the past few weeks. I've never seen one like this.
==========

LMFAO! What a cartoon.

You're right though. You've not seen it,you fabricate it. It's called desperation! The last gasps.

Well,...I'd like to be able to take credit for it,..but I didn't create it.

The Federal Reserve did.

if we had a decent search function and files going back four years, I would post you saying exactly the same thing four years ago.

if we had a decent search function and files going back four years, I would post you saying exactly the same thing four years ago.

hmmm,...I don't recall,...if you say so.

But 4 years ago the liberty movement wasn't attracting thousands of people to Ron Paul rallys from coast to coast.

It is now.
I suspect I'll be hearing the same thing in 2016, as the aging Ron Paul takes on President Romney for the nomination.....while Rand tries to get him declared incompetent.

I recall the people being so fed up with the neocons that they elected Obama back around 4 years ago.

==========

Yeah,it's all pretty much 2007 cut and paste but he's bought in to the convention nonsense so we're bound to hear another couple months worth of silly,absurd fantasy until such time as the usual epic fail reality smacks him upside his head again.

Posted By: TBaker5390 Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
Originally Posted by RISJR
==========

LMFAO! What a cartoon.

You're right though. You've not seen it,you fabricate it. It's called desperation! The last gasps.

Please show us the ground swell of support for Rinomney...or are you just hoping the least supported Rino candidate of your lifetime is the end all be all?
Posted By: efw Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
Hope springs eternal. Better than actively supporting a guy who "advocated an individual mandate before he was against it". There are worse things to do than to be idealistic. Which, I suppose, you could say to me regarding your belief that Romney might be something other than a New England Liberal just because he says so in a stump speech?

The thing I genuinely don't understand is, if RP is so harmless and inconsequentially inane, why not just avoid these threads like you did the special ed room in grade school?
well, he likes to wear blue jeans, as did ol Jimmah.

connecting with the commoners is very important. we have two Harvard graduates competing for the top dog position. surely, they're both pitbull terriers, aren't they? grin
Of course,in all news outside of Prison Planet,Rockwell and Paul.com,3/4s of the GOP are well past the fact Romney has noination sewed up and most thinking non-whiners are now focused on the VP vetting process.

You Paulanoias keep lighting off your sparklers and blowing them kazoos,though. The distraction is almost like a semi decent commercial during the Super Bowl game.
Steve_NO and RISJR are mistaken if they think their blabber bothers me.

The GOP is so rotten that it needs to go away and people like them are working to make exactly *that* happen.

The Ron Paul/Liberty movement is all the life that's left in the Republican party,..and the neocons, like Steve_NO and RISJR are doing everything they can to alienate everybody who supports it.

I say go ahead.

The GOP needs to be replaced.
Of course,in all news outside of Prison Planet,Rockwell and Paul.com,3/4s of the GOP are well past the fact Romney has noination sewed up and most thinking non-whiners are now focused on the VP vetting process.

You Paulanoias keep lighting off your sparklers and blowing them kazoos,though. The distraction is almost like a semi decent commercial during the Super Bowl game.

Laffin...

Let me know how that Rinomney fantasy works out for you...just don't send pics
Yeah he is being nominated. It's a pretty popular development too, as evidenced by all the excited, positive, pro-Romney threads we've been seeing!
You give your BS way too much undeserved credit. You come across like a drunk HS cheerleader who makes up [bleep] as he trods along. You get called for your intended and fully deliberate attempts to fabricate and invent fantasy,nothing more. If getting some rah,rahs from a few marbleheads floats your ego,have at it,non-voter.

The GOP is so rotten that it needs to go away and people like them are working to make exactly *that* happen.

The Ron Paul/Liberty movement is all the life that's left in the Republican party,..and the neocons, like Steve_NO and RISJR are doing everything they can to alienate everybody who supports it.

I say go ahead.

While I do not cling to any fantasy of an RP nomination...I agree with the sentiment of your post. If Rinomney is the best the R's can do...the R's need replaced!

Argue that thought...Bob and Steve...seriously...no...seriously.
Posted By: GeauxLSU Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
Originally Posted by efw
Yeah he is being nominated. It's a pretty popular development too, as evidenced by all the excited, positive, pro-Romney threads we've been seeing!
We don't see many threads talking about the sunrise tomorrow either. They are both just as sure. One I'm more happy about than the other. Doesn't make either one less likely to happen though.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12

But what about your internet hiatus? I remember you collapsed with poor health. grin
mmm-hmmm,...whatever,...

Here's the future of the GOP if it has one.

Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Originally Posted by efw
We don't see many threads talking about the sunrise tomorrow either. They are both just as sure. One I'm more happy about than the other. Doesn't make either one less likely to happen though.

Think liberal sites were not excited and happy to see Obama nominated? If not...well...not much I can tell you.

If you do...well why are we not seeing what efw asked.

Who do you think Romney is going to select for VP?
Originally Posted by TBaker5390

I say go ahead.

While I do not cling to any fantasy of an RP nomination...I agree with the sentiment of your post. If Rinomney is the best the R's can do...the R's need replaced!

First) Thanks for operating in reality land. Secondly, what would be your suggestion? Recreate the Republican party or start anew with a third team? One has infinitely more and infinitely longer, collateral damage. Or something else?

Better be someone more exciting than Palin...and I liked Palin.

But keep placing your dreams on the VP pick...bet it works out...
Originally Posted by efw

Dude re-read the post slowly. I did not suggest that a lack of threads supported the fantasy of Romney not being nominated. I simply pointed out that no one cares because he is a Liberal.

Even those who support his nomination like Steve & Bob are stuck arguing against a guy they say never was a threat to begin with, rather than saying anything FOR their guy.

Talk about a re-run of 4 yrs ago...

Seriously... Who cares?

I say go ahead.

First) Thanks for operating in reality land. Secondly, what would be your suggestion? Recreate the Republican party or start anew with a third team? One has infinitely more and infinitely longer, collateral damage. Or something else?

Well if it wasn't for the SCOTUS I would say best option is to lose and hope things get really bad the next 4 years...

2nd thought...that just might make the repukes pick someone even more liberal...like they did with Rinomeny vs McLame

Guess we had best just hope Rinomney wins and things really go to hell so that the R party is done with and a new Libertarian party with a slight Conservative bent springs forth...

Ok best option...grab your guns
Originally Posted by efw

Think liberal sites were not excited and happy to see Obama nominated? If not...well...not much I can tell you.

If you do...well why are we not seeing what efw asked.

There are two sides to every coin. First, no, there were a LOT of unhappy Hillary supporters. Secondly, what's more important HERE? A pro-Romney thread or an anti Obama thread? You honestly think a lack of pro Romney threads on a generally conservative site, inundated with anti-Obama threads indicates a lack of voter turnout? Half of the sum total of 10 people here that won't vote for Romney because they just can't likely live in states that are locked for Team R anyway. The other 5 are insonsequential out of thousands. This will truly be an election of who hates the other guy more. I still think Obama is going to win, but it won't be because Romney is the nominee. If Romney pulls off the miracle, it also won't be because he is the nominee. This election is 100% Obama's to lose.

lolol,...I guess you think it's going to be either Ron or Rand Paul,..eh?

Are you really obtuse enough to think that either of the Pauls would agree to be the veep of an establishment President that's being financed by Goldman Sachs?

Are you?
Originally Posted by efw

Seriously... Who cares?

=========

Folks who don't waste half their days engaging in fantasy.

I say go ahead.

Well if it wasn't for the SCOTUS I would say best option is to lose and hope things get really bad the next 4 years...

2nd thought...that just might make the repukes pick someone even more liberal...like they did with Rinomeny vs McLame

Guess we had best just hope Rinomney wins and things really go to hell so that the R party is done with and a new Libertarian party with a slight Conservative bent springs forth...

Ok best option...grab your guns
Because of your 'first thought' I didn't vote for McCain 4 years. Likewise because of your first thought, no way I won't vote for Romney this go around. If it's going in the toilet in the next 4 or 8 years, I'd just as soon not have an R at the healm as you are then talking about two generations of political damage. No Libertarian party will rise from those ashes. We just joke about Communist/Socialism now. I doubt we'd be joking then.
Of course I don't think Romney is going to select one of the Pauls. Not even a remote possibilty. Are you being serious?

Nevermind...must have been the fantasy discussion on a Paul blog somewhere.
Originally Posted by efw

Seriously... Who cares?

=========

Folks who don't waste half their days engaging in fantasy.

The fantasy is that you think it matters...

Obama picked Biden...

McCain picked Palin...

You think who Rinomney picks is going to bring a landlide for your boy? Talk about fantasy...

Hold on...maybe he picks West...and something terrible happens to Rinomey...you are sneaky Bob...hadn't thought of that
What fantasy have I been engaged in, other than hoping that somehow miricles take place getting Romney into the White House AND giving him a modicum of Consarvative sensibilities????????
Because of your 'first thought' I didn't vote for McCain 4 years. Likewise because of your first thought, no way I won't vote for Romney this go around. If it's going in the toilet in the next 4 or 8 years, I'd just as soon not have an R at the healm as you are then talking about two generations of political damage. No Libertarian party will rise from those ashes. We just joke about Communist/Socialism now. I doubt we'd be joking then.

Hell I thought I was pessimistic...4 yrs til socialism with O'bammy? How long you think Riomney buys us?
Of course I don't think Romney is going to select one of the Pauls. Not even a remote possibilty. Are you being serious?

Nevermind...must have been the fantasy discussion on a Paul blog somewhere.

Keep bashing paul and paul supporters...and keep avoiding serious questions...you are awesome..

Hell I thought I was pessimistic...4 yrs til socialism with O'bammy? How long you think Riomney buys us?
My point is, if the wheels really do come off the cart, (and no, a little math suggests it's not the hysterical rantings of the tin foil crowd, there are mutliple all too plausible scenarios that unfortunately get us there) THEN I'm saying the rise of actual Socialism/Communism (perhaps marketed better) to the predominate party is much much more likely than the slow decline we watch today.
Pessimistic? Perhaps. Measuring our 'progress' over the last 20 or so years isn't give me a lot to be too optimistic about. It's the whole boiling the frog slowly thing. We just have no clue how hot the water is already.
Do you actually believe you asked a serious question? I'll bash idiots freely and without reservation,especially those stuck in the past and who disrupt reality with their chickish,whiney-assed moaning.

Rand must be pulling his hair out trying to figure out a way to rid himself of 50% of his father's supporters.
Rand must be pulling his hair out trying to figure out a way to rid himself of 50% of his father's supporters.
There you go.
clearly, we're not ready for real change. and who can blame us?

kicking the can further down the road, and running up the debt has worked oh so well so far. who would want to change anything at this late date in the development of the world??

My point is, if the wheels really do come off the cart, (and no, a little math suggests it's not the hysterical rantings of the tin foil crowd, there are mutliple all too plausible scenarios that unfortunately get us there) THEN I'm saying the rise of actual Socialism/Communism (perhaps marketed better) to the predominate party is much much more likely than the slow decline we watch today.
Pessimistic? Perhaps. Measuring our 'progress' over the last 20 or so years isn't give me a lot to be too optimistic about. It's the whole boiling the frog slowly thing. We just have no clue how hot the water is already.
You actually answer yourself...if we are 4-8 yrs regardless of party...well the water is boiling. Like I said....best option...grab your guns...or let your kids grab them...
Grab your guns and do what,Wyatt?
Grab your guns and do what,Wyatt?

More than you?

I was talking to someone without your optimism...which I have stated numerous times I respect.

But sometimes optimism turns into fantasy...would hate to see you with your head in the sand... wink
Originally Posted by Gus

kicking the can further down the road, and running up the debt has worked oh so well so far. who would want to change anything at this late date in the development of the world??

There you go Bob; you've got Gus to support Romney!

Or is that Bammy? I have a hard time telling the difference...
Originally Posted by efw

The thing I genuinely don't understand is, if RP is so harmless and inconsequentially inane, why not just avoid these threads like you did the special ed room in grade school?
Bingo. The answer's pretty obvious.
But seriously...do you think Rinomney being our nominee is a good thing for the future of the R party? Or is he just a stop gap until we can get "real" R

You actually answer yourself...if we are 4-8 yrs regardless of party...well the water is boiling. Like I said....best option...grab your guns...or let your kids grab them...
I'd rather America educate herself to the reality of what it will take to get this salvaged (and no RP is not it as we'd simply die a different death under him). I started a thread about what is absolutely necessary for the federal government to provide. Things it MUST provide for our survival. In the predictable very few responses, the list was already longer than we can afford today. It got very few responses because the vast majority of people don't want to acknowledge the fact that cutting the federal government to something closer to what it's Constitutional and ECONOMIC realities are suddenly cross into THEIR 'must haves' even if in a quiet moment they would admit they are really just "nice to haves". People love their 'stuff'. It's an entire mindset that is simply not sustainable. I don't see a president or a party changing that. It's an awakening that probably only be achieved after collapse. How many former drunks didn't turn it around until they finally woke up in a gutter in their own puke? We're still stumbling around noticing the first affects of a hangover and we keep reaching for the "hair of the dog". Well, that dog is about out of hair and patience.
Actually, the Liberty movement is just America's expression of something that's occurring throughout the west.

It's a generational political shift and it's being driven by the simple fact that the whole place is financially *busted*.

It isn't about the Presidential election any longer. It's about a new generation of politically active people coming of age.

The election will come and go,...but the Liberty movement isn't going to just shut down.

And really,....if you're over the age of 45 or so,..you're just a spectator to it all.
I'd rather America educate herself to the reality of what it will take to get this salvaged (and no RP is not it as we'd simply die a different death under him). I started a thread about what is absolutely necessary for the federal government to provide. Things it MUST provide for our survival. In the predictable very few responses, the list was already longer than we can afford today. It got very few responses because the vast majority of people don't want to acknowledge the fact that cutting the federal government to something closer to what it's Constitutional and ECONOMIC realities are suddenly cross into THEIR 'must haves' even if in a quiet moment they would admit they are really just "nice to haves". People love their 'stuff'. It's an entire mindset that is simply not sustainable. I don't see a president or a party changing that. It's an awakening that probably only be achieved after collapse. How many former drunks didn't turn it around until they finally woke up in a gutter in their own puke? We're still stumbling around noticing the first affects of a hangover and we keep reaching for the "hair of the dog". Well, that dog is about out of hair and patience.

To my Bolded part...hope in one hand...49-50% on .gov dime will not make that a reality.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. T...he average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been about 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage." - Alexander Fraser Tytler

We are there...or Rinomney might be a stop gap...ask Bob

Posted By: mike762 Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12

Who cares? Warm bucket of spit.
But seriously...do you think Rinomney being our nominee is a good thing for the future of the R party? Or is he just a stop gap until we can get "real" R

=========

It remains to be seen,by all of us,of course. As to judges,it's a no-brainer. As Gingrich spelled out today,there's a greater gap on this issue with these current candidates than there was with Reagan/Carter.

I'll call him a liar on the national level if and when he proves to be one on the national level. I'm not judging him on the whines and moans of guessers and doom and gloomers. And pouters,too.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Gus

There you go Bob; you've got Gus to support Romney!

Or is that Bammy? I have a hard time telling the difference...

========

At least you appear able to understand anything he says.
The national debt is the only issue worth discussing,....and Ron Paul is the only candidate who presents it to the people in an honest fashion.

The other candidates are vying for the vote of those who don't understand how dire the situation is.

Anyone who has an understanding of how the U.S. national debt is going to impact their lives in the upcoming years have no time for Romney or Obama's nonsense.

People who are tuned in to the debt problem in America support Ron Paul.

Here's your debt.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

It's *really* yours and you're *really* going to get to pay it,...through taxes and inflation.

It's going to impoverish you.

,...really.

=========

It remains to be seen,by all of us,of course. As to judges,it's a no-brainer. As Gingrich spelled out today,there's a greater gap on this issue with these current candidates than there was with Reagan/Carter.

I'll call him a liar on the national level if and when he proves to be one on the national level. I'm not judging him on the whines and moans of guessers and doom and gloomers. And pouters,too.

National level liar...new one...

I think I have said it even in this thread...SCOTUS is a big one...but hope for the R party...he is not my hope...nor our childrens...

Did you take the Nolan test? Curious where you stood...
RP sure figured out a perfect way to solve his debt problem.

The RP Rube Indemnification Plan makes Maddoff seem a rookie.

Good luck trying to make the youth of America believe that Ron Paul is the problem.
RP sure figured out a perfect way to solve his debt problem.

The RP Rube Indemnification Plan makes Maddoff seem a rookie.

Good thing Obama supporters on this site don't suffer your wrath...might scare off some thin skinned individuals...
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
The national debt is the only issue worth discussing

Imagine how much less it would be if you, ronny, and the democrats, wouldn't have undermined the wars. Lots less casualties, and the boys would be home now.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by efw

Bingo. The answer's pretty obvious.

Yep. They can't work up excitement for the candidate that was chosen, so they distract themselves by continuing to bash one who wasn't... Not the best way to get your guy elected; could it be that they're not the Party faithful we pegged them as?

Say it ain't so!

Careful guys... You keep giving RP this attention and people will get the wrong idea...
Good luck trying to make the youth of America believe that Ron Paul is the problem.

============

Better luck trying to convince the youth he is the solution.

============

the godawfulness is that not only is RP not the solution, but that noone else is either. that's the scary truth, and what is causing such a disarray.

i like the status quo. Mitt more than Obama, because of Mitt's lean in the SCOTUS category. but, let's face it, we're about at wit's end.

============

More still Romney, the New England socialized medicine man.

Whoda thunk the Republicans'd be running John Kerry just 8 yrs after he lost for the Dems???
Only if you allow yourself to be. To the extent it enables one to become apathetic,that's a shame you own.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The national debt is the only issue worth discussing

Imagine how much less it would be if you, ronny, and the democrats, wouldn't have undermined the wars. Lots less casualties, and the boys would be home now.

...and imagine how good a job Romney is going to at securing our borders... I am sure he'll take good care of that issue now that we have the individual mandate he was for before he was against...
Whoda thunk the Republicans'd be running John Kerry just 8 yrs after he lost for the Dems???
===========

I don't know. Hell,there's idjits out there who thought RP could never go 0-4 in the big games. I bet there's still some folks who believe he'll win now and they've never seen anything like it before. Maybe those kinds of Republicans.
"Yew'll thank fulla chit wunst I whup yore damned ace 'bout three times!"
,...might as well turn this thread into a John Bean skit,..
..and imagine how good a job Romney is going to at securing our borders... I am sure he'll take good care of that issue now that we have the individual mandate he was for before he was against...
--------------

Ummm...what did Paul do in his 34 years? If I recall,he 180d big time on this issue. Does he get the RP "oh well"?
,...might as well turn this thread into a John Bean skit,..

----------

Never heard of the man before now.
Only if you allow yourself to be. To the extent it enables one to become apathetic,that's a shame you own.

we all want change in a positive direction. but, we don't want change thatg costs us anything. with 7 billion people on the earth, and growing, we know that change is coming. the status quo is dead and gone.

carry on.
HUNH!
..and imagine how good a job Romney is going to at securing our borders... I am sure he'll take good care of that issue now that we have the individual mandate he was for before he was against...
--------------

Ummm...what did Paul do in his 34 years? If I recall,he 180d big time on this issue. Does he get the RP "oh well"?

Well he might have changed a bit in congress over the years, but he hasn't had a chance to lie as Pres so like you with Mitt, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt crazy .
Paul didn't 180 on immigration,huh? The rest of your comment makes little sense so I'll assume you got stuck thinking it through.
Keep duckin...only play you have left..
HUH? Ducking what,Baker?
HUH? Ducking what,Baker?

Go back and look...couldn't've missed all of em
Posted By: Barak Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
Nope, the national debt will never be paid. Ever. No chance. It's flatly impossible. The US _will_ default on it one way or another, sooner or later.

The least damaging way would simply be to repudiate it and go bankrupt.

The most damaging way would be to hyperinflate the dollar to nothing.

There are a number of ways not to pay the debt, but my suspicion is that the government will choose the way of hyperinflation, because that's what happens when you finally get the can kicked all the way to the end of the road.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
the liberty movement
I just saw a segment about how the left uses cliches to intimidate and influence their audiences. In the case of BS crap like "the liberty movement" and other pointed cliches you Paulie Girls push at those not in your fold, it only brings disgust,resentment and anger. Those evoked emotions will never draw a single thinking person to Ron Paul, but if your intent is to push them away, carry on.

attracting thousands of people to Ron Paul rallys from coast to coast
Amazing what 16%-20% actual unemployment will do for free events on a bus route in population centers.

Paul didn't 180 on immigration,huh? The rest of your comment makes little sense so I'll assume you got stuck thinking it through.

What the heck is up with your reading comprehension? I said yes, he changed... Then I applied the "logic" you used earlier when you said that Romney hadn't lied on the National level.

Is it your training in law that causes you to overthink the obvious, or just a desire to insult anyone who disagrees with you?

Again I ask all of you... If RP and those who agree with his policies are a bunch or retards, why don't you move along to all the threads praising the GOP candidate who has been chosen and leave us to our padded room?
Originally Posted by RickyD
the liberty movement
I just saw a segment about how the left uses cliches to intimidate and influence their audiences

you Paulie Girls

If they'd have mentioned name calling would you have recognized the ludicrous hypocrisy of your post?

Fact is, all side use rhetorical devices. It's called language, and it apparently is a double edged sword, so if you're offended by the heat enjoy the benefits of that Liberty...
Posted By: add Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12

Yeah, but think of the networking potential of harnessing that mix.

Spreading both salvation & conviction-less politics through multi-level marketing...

Dynamo !
Don't forget the individual mandate...
Originally Posted by add

Yeah, but think of the networking potential of harnessing that mix.

Spreading both salvation & conviction-less politics through multi-level marketing...

Dynamo !

That sharp contrast must be very embarrassing to Romney.
this sharp contrast should be embarrassing to Paul:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/calculator/
lolol,....Steve_NO is now reduced to linking CNN articles.

,..talk about embarrassing,.

He's had to take up with the commies in his futile attempt to ward off the Liberty movement.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
Him and Wolf BBLLitzer are tight.
Did you fellers just finish your "The Little Train That Could" puzzle?

All the talk today,of course,other than the sealed nomination which is apparent to all not in a vegetative state,is whether RP's antics are going to hurt his chances to have a short speaking platform during prime time of the convention,like on a Wed/Thurs before the final night.

Right now all of this is simply about whether he gets to speak for 30 minutes or a hour. Well,that and knocking out a few more "money bomb" scams while he has his rubes all a flutter with fantasy.

The booger blowers have arrived.
The booger blowers have arrived.

==============

Even that's far better than you blowing RP and this fantasy of yours,as you do.

You have about 2-3 guys that are rah-rahing you on though so I understand the importance of continuing your fantasy crusade.

yeah,...that must be it,...
You're too sharp fer me!,..

,...big green booger layin' own ya upper lip notwithstanding,...
But don't fret,...

watch4bear will be here directly to back ya up,...talking that 55 IQ routine o'his and doin' his peculiar giggle,..

"a-HENH!,...a'HENH!"
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
You're too sharp fer me!,..

,...big green booger layin' own ya upper lip notwithstanding,...

You post some seriously dumb chit,...you know that?

Pot meet kettle..........again.
"March of the Mensas",..

,...appearing here daily,..
"Moans of the Meatheads" is a good pre-game show,though!
My brother could whup yer ace,...
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
"March of the Mensas",..

,...appearing here daily,..

crazy
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Another day,.. - 05/04/12
watch Letterman?
He asks the audience
" who plans on voting for Mitt?"

three people cheer
I'm telling you it's a Democratic , single party conspiracy.

Vote Ron Paul
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
So why can't Paul win the nomination honestly? He didn't win any states at least those that have primaries. If he had won then The Republicans would have supported him over the darkside, present Obama.

I might have voted for him if he wasn't aligned with the code pinker's foriegn policy. We tried isolationism and it resulted in millions of deaths and required the total mobilization of the country for 4 years.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
Guess what,...

Ain't nobody givva chit.

There's few things in the world less significant than a dumbass Romney supporter in California,....
Posted By: rkamp Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12

Good editorial on the Ron Paul campaign by Timothy Stanley here. My favorite paragraph.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/04/opinion/stanley-ron-paul/index.html?hpt=hp_bn7

However, unlike Gingrich, Paul's campaign represents a message that is bigger and perhaps more popular than the candidate himself. As it continues to collect small numbers of delegates and capture control of local GOPs, Paulism is proving itself to be in rude health. Long after Mitt Romney is nominated, feted at the convention, beaten by Obama and recycled as a question on Jeopardy ("In 2012, he lost every state but Utah." "Who is ... Britt Gormley?"), Paul's philosophy will still be a factor in national politics -- something to be feared and courted in equal measure.
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
that is only the case for people who think Ron Paul invented his agenda. He didn't. What he did was take the traditional small government, low tax, minimal regulation, strong defense GOP historical platform......subtract the strong defense, substitute bumper sticker "abolish this, end that" simpleton slogans for rational minimal regulation, babble about the gold standard, and appeal to every unemployed kid who ever read Ayn Rand.

he will be remembered twenty years from now the way Ross Perot or Harold Stassen is.
Posted By: rkamp Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
that is only the case for people who think Ron Paul invented his agenda. He didn't. What he did was take the traditional small government, low tax, minimal regulation, strong defense GOP historical platform......subtract the strong defense, substitute bumper sticker "abolish this, end that" simpleton slogans for rational minimal regulation, babble about the gold standard, and appeal to every unemployed kid who ever read Ayn Rand.

he will be remembered twenty years from now the way Ross Perot or Harold Stassen is.

Romney bumper sticker. "He has better Hair".
Posted By: RickyD Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
RP bumper sticker: "Elect RP. He might do something"
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
[quote=RickyD]RP bumper sticker:"Send more money" That's more like ron paul.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
that is only the case for people who think Ron Paul invented his agenda. He didn't. What he did was take the traditional small government, low tax, minimal regulation, strong defense GOP historical platform......subtract the strong defense...
Wrong. He never subtracted strong defense. He restored strong defense. The neocons subtracted it and replaced it with expanding an empire and nation building, which actually go contrary to a strong defense.
that is only the case for people who think Ron Paul invented his agenda. He didn't. What he did was take the traditional small government, low tax, minimal regulation, strong defense GOP historical platform......subtract the strong defense...
Wrong. He never subtracted strong defense. He restored strong defense. The neocons subtracted it and replaced it with expanding an empire and nation building, which actually go contrary to a strong defense.
Is this the same ron paul who wants to close all military bases around the world,how would that make America stronger?
Posted By: Barak Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Is this the same ron paul who wants to close all military bases around the world,how would that make America stronger?

Military bases around the world are not for defense, they're for offense. Military bases at home are for defense.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
Originally Posted by Barak

Military bases around the world are not for defense, they're for offense. Military bases at home are for defense.
Sometimes.
[quote=RickyD]RP bumper sticker:"Send more money" That's more like ron paul.
Good call.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
Pssst....tell em how 9/11 was an inside job, and how they found termites. Tell em how ronny will be assassinated by the GOP grin
All those bases serve as trip wires for war, i.e., anything happens in the way of hostilities in those far away places instantly pulls the United States into war. Withdraw from them, and withdraw the trip wires to involvement in war in far flung locales.
All those bases serve as trip wires for war, i.e., anything happens in the way of hostilities in those far away places instantly pulls the United States into war. Withdraw from them, and withdraw the trip wires to involvement in war in far flung locales.
Really, so America's presence in far off places causes wars now?
5600 more turned out to hear Ron Paul at UCSD yesterday.

When was the last time a candidate drew thousands of people to his rallies every time he spoke?

The RNC is screwing up the chance to put a Republican in the White House in 2012.

That's a *fact*.

Sarah Palin does it.
nah,...even at the peak of her popularity she was only drawing 2000 people.

2000 people is considered a small crowd for a Ron Paul rally.

http://www.wesh.com/r/22569212/detail.html
Really, so America's presence in far off places causes wars now?
Read more carefully. That's not what I said. However, all those trip wires pull us into war whenever hostilities break out involving nations that host our bases, or nations in the same region. The wars of nations in far flung places should not concern the military of the United States unless Congress is moved by the will of their constituents at home to do so. The trip wires serve the purpose of making the involvement of our military automatic, bypassing Congress and the will of the American people. Ron Paul would like to restore our independence from foreign wars and conflicts, apart from a decision by Congress to involve us in one. Part of the way he will do that is by pulling up our various and sundry war trip wires which previous administrations have established all over the globe.
Right,that proves you can't count.

When was the last time a candidate drew thousands of people to his rallies every time he spoke?

The RNC is screwing up the chance to put a Republican in the White House in 2012.

That's a *fact*.

Shades of the Goldwater campaign.
[quote=elkhunternm]Really, so America's presence in far off places causes wars now?
Read more carefully. Not what I said. However, all those trip wires pull us into war whenever hostilities break out involving nations that host our bases. The wars of nations in far flung places should not concern the military of the United States unless Congress is moved by the will of their constituents at home to do so. The trip wires serve the purpose of making the involvement of our military automatic, bypassing Congress and the will of the American people. Ron Paul would like to restore our independence from foreign wars, apart from a decision by Congress to involve us in one. Part of the way he will do that is by pulling up our various and sundry war trip wires which previous administrations have established all over the globe. [/quote/] So how does that make America stronger,seems to me paul is a pacifast.
Posted By: isaac Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
With Paul polling in 4th at about 10% in Cali,and still behind two candidates who have dropped out,I'm thinking folks are simply getting in one last look at the world's greatest salesman before he retires to his porch in Texas. I think he's already signed to be the next "Sham-Wow" spokesperson.

Post the You-Tube vid of the Cali crowd singing "Nah,Nah,Nah,Nah,Hey Hey Good Bye"!
However, all those trip wires pull us into war whenever hostilities break out involving nations that host our bases.
While not a fan of foreign bases, can you tell me when we became involved in a war due to having a base in that country, in, say, the last 50 years?
Don't be late to your Cinco De Mayo party waiting for a credible answer.
So how does that make America stronger,seems to me paul is a pacifast.
A pacifist is someone who will not defend himself. In foreign policy, a pacifist would be someone who won't defend his nation if attacked. The trip wires weren't about defending the US, however. They were about being the world's police force. Withdrawing from a policy that pulls us into every outbreak of hostility anywhere across the globe doesn't decrease our national security. It increases it by a substantial margin.
Don't be late to your Cinco De Mayo party waiting for a credible answer.
I don't do mayo grin, but I do have a couples shower for my daughter this afternoon. Have to shop for that first. It's an outdoor theme. May get her an 870.
Congrats to the family then.
However, all those trip wires pull us into war whenever hostilities break out involving nations that host our bases.
While not a fan of foreign bases, can you tell me when we became involved in a war due to having a base in that country, in, say, the last 50 years?
Well we certainly had bases in the region when Iraq invaded Kuwait. I seem to recall our military being drawn into that conflict. Had we no bases in the region, do you suppose we'd have involved ourselves in it?
Posted By: mike762 Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12

Because it would save the $ Trillions that are usually carried off budget from being spent in places where we really don't need to be.

If you think that borrowing and printing currency units in order to pay for foreign adventures that have little real affect on our national security makes us stronger, then I have some swampland in Florida to sell you.

I've made this point many, many, times, but the continued printing of currency and issuance of debt makes the country weaker. At some point, and sooner rather than later judging by what happened in the wake of the SWIFT banking decision, the world will no longer accept the green paper we euphemistically call money. When that happens, all of those troops involved in 135 countries around the globe are going to be essentially on their own unless we find some way to pay for their supplies and logistical needs, including transport home.

So yes, having bases in places that we are no longer needed does make us weaker, as it drains funds from the public coffers for no good purpose.

That's a *fact*.

I wonder if they all got a tingle down their leg, or is that just you and Bristoe.

I wonder if they all got a tingle down their leg, or is that just you and Bristoe.
Authentic conservatism is an exciting concept when folks believe the candidate really holds those views and isn't just espousing them to get elected.

Maybe he means Pearl Harbor...but that was a territory, not a foreign country.

the Paulies love their vision of a "little America"....humbled, timid, withdrawn from the world. that's why they have so much in common with the left on foreign policy.

maybe they should move to a small, timid country. this ain't it.
Posted By: DELGUE Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
Anyone voting for Ron Paul at this stage merely proves the adage that there's a sucker born every minute.

And as for Ron Paul, it continues to prove his limitless ambition and that he doesn't give a damn about his 'supporters', but that he is merely using them, continuing to run and accept their money in these difficult financial times when he has ABSOLUTELY ZERO chance of winning the nomination, having won NOT A SINGLE STATE in the primaries. He'll prolly continue to accept their money even after the convention so he can put out another 'newsletter' bearing his name that he doesn't even write and that is all a fraud.

What a guy...
Barry Goldwater has a better chance of getting elected president that Ron Paul does...and yeah, I know Barry's dead. My point exactly.

the Paulies love their vision of a "little America"....humbled, timid, withdrawn from the world. that's why they have so much in common with the left on foreign policy.

You mean a small timid country that actually doesn't have a debt to GDP officially at 108%? Or one that has a debt when including unfunded liabilities-which include .mil pensions BTW-of $212 Trillion.

At some point we will be forced to "withdraw from the world". Better to do it on our terms than to have that withdrawal dictated by a lack of funds.

Far more important to the question of real national strength is to be a world economic super power. We killed the goose that laid the golden egg when we committed ourselves to policing the entire world with American empire. Ron Paul wants to revive that dead goose.
in the first place, Paul's scary count of a jillion foreign bases is essentially false, unless you count embassy guards or platoon size liaison forces as a base.

in the second, it is not the cost of the defense establishment that has caused the budget/debt disaster.....it's the entitlement state pouring the money out the door, while the nanny state stifles real economic growth.

Originally Posted by mike762

You mean a small timid country that actually doesn't have a debt to GDP officially at 108%? Or one that has a debt when including unfunded liabilities-which include .mil pensions BTW-of $212 Trillion.

At some point we will be forced to "withdraw from the world". Better to do it on our terms than to have that withdrawal dictated by a lack of funds.

You can't 'withdraw from the world', and if you try to all you are going to do is put the country in harm's way just as much or more so than it is due to our current economic situaton. It's an unrealistic premise, but hey, when has reality ever mattered to Ron Paul...or his Paulbots. The Pied Piper plays them a song and they follow him along.

Far more important to the question of real national strength is to be a world economic super power. We killed the goose that laid the golden egg when we committed ourselves to policing the entire world with American empire. Ron Paul wants to revive that dead goose.

And so Ron Paul, that driving force of a Representative that couldn't manage to introduce any meaningful legislation and work with his fellow congressmen to get it passed, but instead jumped on the 'me too' bandwagon sending earmarks back home and helping to put the country in the economic predicament that it's in, he is wanting to revisit the foreign policy that lead us to Pearl Harbor and resurrect isolationism. And his qualifications to lead this country consists of: staring at women's poozies and accomplishing nothing in Congress. Now that's one helluva resume.

The only isolationist policy that makes any sense is for Ron Paul to go back to Texas and isolate himself from the rest of us. smile
Hell, Ron Paul can't withdraw from the world...he can't even manage to withdraw from the presidential race. Oh, wait...that's right...he's makin' money from that.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Another day,.. - 05/05/12
I'll accept your premise for now at face value Deluge that you can't withdraw from the world.

and I don't see any evidence that we or China have withdrawn from the world.

we have bases and wars going on halfway around the world, they're cutting deals now for raw resources in Africa and the southern Americas.

one strategy seems to be preparing one country to reap the world riches, which I guess is a good thing since we're borrowing money from them to finance our military and domestic operations.
in the first place, Paul's scary count of a jillion foreign bases is essentially false, unless you count embassy guards or platoon size liaison forces as a base.

in the second, it is not the cost of the defense establishment that has caused the budget/debt disaster.....it's the entitlement state pouring the money out the door, while the nanny state stifles real economic growth.

And which do you think will get funded first? I can guarantee that transfer payments will continue into the foreseeable future, as that is where the politicians get their votes.

And it IS the cost of the defense establishment when the cost of the wars are carried off budget in order to essentially "hide" the expense. Paul may have said "a jillion" foreign bases for effect, but the reality is that we have troops in 135 countries around the world, and we cannot afford it anymore, as much as the defense establishment and the Republican Party wish it were so.

The decision to bring troops home will be made, the choice is whether we do it and have some level of control over how it goes, or whether it is done for us when the FRN$ is no longer accepted in world trade for settlement of debt.

I realize that you think that this will never happen, but it is much closer to happening than you think, as the rest of the world is more than tired of taking our paper for real goods, and are looking for ways to by pass that system. The recent Obama decision to use the SWIFT banking system as a weapon against Iran, India, and China has started a move for an alternate way of settling trade accounts outside of the "dollar" system. It's only a matter of time, and not much time at that.
All of this borrowing from China needs to stop. And we need to get our economic situation in order.
Originally Posted by DELGUE
All of this borrowing from China needs to stop. And we need to get our economic situation in order.
Jeeze, ya think? smirk
It's not Paul's count of a 'jillion' bases that is scary...it's Ron Paul and his beliefs that are scary, hence the landslide for Ron Paul in the primaries.
Originally Posted by DELGUE
Jeeze, ya think? smirk

Yup. wink
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Another day,.. - 05/06/12
If RP is so great why doesn't he win any elections? Why didn't he win the nomination? If he can't then what is the point in nominating him? He certainly would not be able to win the presidency if he can't win on primary election.

The smart thing for RP to have done would be to select one of the conservatives that were running for the nomination and throw his support behind them. He would have a lot more influence on the nomination and maybe even the opportunity for a position in the new government. Treasury Secretary would give him a lot of influence and allow him to put some of his ideas into practice.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Another day,.. - 05/06/12
Originally Posted by ConradCA
He certainly would not be able to win the presidency if he can't win on primary election.
Would you mind outlining the reasoning process that causes you to arrive at that seemingly nonsensical conclusion? For example, there were candidates who ran against McCain in the 2008 primaries, and lost, yet likely would have done MUCH better than McCain, or even won, in the national election against Obama. If you acknowledge this to be true, and I cannot imagine how you wouldn't, your assertion above cannot possibly hold any water.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Another day,.. - 05/06/12
He certainly would not be able to win the presidency if he can't win on primary election.
Would you mind outlining the reasoning process that causes you to arrive at that seemingly nonsensical conclusion? For example, there were candidates who ran against McCain in the 2008 primaries, and lost, yet likely would have done MUCH better than McCain, or even won, in the national election against Obama. If you acknowledge this to be true, and I cannot imagine how you wouldn't, your assertion above cannot possibly hold any water.
Easy it's called VOTING! People vote in the primaries and the candidate with 1144 delegates, that candidate goes on to the convention,how hard is this to understand your candidate lost GROW UP!
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Another day,.. - 05/06/12
Easy it's called VOTING! People vote in the primaries and the candidate with 1144 delegates, that candidate goes on to the convention,how hard is this to understand your candidate lost GROW UP!
That doesn't address the question. Let the boy answer for himself.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Another day,.. - 05/06/12
Yes it does,and i'll post on any thread that i want to!
Posted By: RickyD Re: Another day,.. - 05/06/12
Well we certainly had bases in the region when Iraq invaded Kuwait. I seem to recall our military being drawn into that conflict. Had we no bases in the region, do you suppose we'd have involved ourselves in it?
Somehow you went from nations to regions. I suppose if Germany or South Korea is considered in the same region as Kuwait, you would be correct. However barring nonsense, which makes it much harder on you I realize, we certainly did not have any active military bases in the region that could be associated with Kuwait at the time of Sadaam's invasion. Muslim countries are not copacetic with allowing the Great Satan to place military bases on their sand.

Wanna try that one again?

Posted By: Bristoe Re: Another day,.. - 05/07/12
Ron was back in Texas today,...

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/301/teapartycollage.jpg
© 24hourcampfire