Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by RickyD
However, all those trip wires pull us into war whenever hostilities break out involving nations that host our bases.
While not a fan of foreign bases, can you tell me when we became involved in a war due to having a base in that country, in, say, the last 50 years?

Maybe he means Pearl Harbor...but that was a territory, not a foreign country.

the Paulies love their vision of a "little America"....humbled, timid, withdrawn from the world. that's why they have so much in common with the left on foreign policy.

maybe they should move to a small, timid country. this ain't it.
Far more important to the question of real national strength is to be a world economic super power. We killed the goose that laid the golden egg when we committed ourselves to policing the entire world with American empire. Ron Paul wants to revive that dead goose.

And so Ron Paul, that driving force of a Representative that couldn't manage to introduce any meaningful legislation and work with his fellow congressmen to get it passed, but instead jumped on the 'me too' bandwagon sending earmarks back home and helping to put the country in the economic predicament that it's in, he is wanting to revisit the foreign policy that lead us to Pearl Harbor and resurrect isolationism. And his qualifications to lead this country consists of: staring at women's poozies and accomplishing nothing in Congress. Now that's one helluva resume.

The only isolationist policy that makes any sense is for Ron Paul to go back to Texas and isolate himself from the rest of us. smile

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Hell, Ron Paul can't withdraw from the world...he can't even manage to withdraw from the presidential race. Oh, wait...that's right...he's makin' money from that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll accept your premise for now at face value Deluge that you can't withdraw from the world.

and I don't see any evidence that we or China have withdrawn from the world.

we have bases and wars going on halfway around the world, they're cutting deals now for raw resources in Africa and the southern Americas.

one strategy seems to be preparing one country to reap the world riches, which I guess is a good thing since we're borrowing money from them to finance our military and domestic operations.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
in the first place, Paul's scary count of a jillion foreign bases is essentially false, unless you count embassy guards or platoon size liaison forces as a base.

in the second, it is not the cost of the defense establishment that has caused the budget/debt disaster.....it's the entitlement state pouring the money out the door, while the nanny state stifles real economic growth.

And which do you think will get funded first? I can guarantee that transfer payments will continue into the foreseeable future, as that is where the politicians get their votes.

And it IS the cost of the defense establishment when the cost of the wars are carried off budget in order to essentially "hide" the expense. Paul may have said "a jillion" foreign bases for effect, but the reality is that we have troops in 135 countries around the world, and we cannot afford it anymore, as much as the defense establishment and the Republican Party wish it were so.

The decision to bring troops home will be made, the choice is whether we do it and have some level of control over how it goes, or whether it is done for us when the FRN$ is no longer accepted in world trade for settlement of debt.

I realize that you think that this will never happen, but it is much closer to happening than you think, as the rest of the world is more than tired of taking our paper for real goods, and are looking for ways to by pass that system. The recent Obama decision to use the SWIFT banking system as a weapon against Iran, India, and China has started a move for an alternate way of settling trade accounts outside of the "dollar" system. It's only a matter of time, and not much time at that.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
All of this borrowing from China needs to stop. And we need to get our economic situation in order.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DELGUE
All of this borrowing from China needs to stop. And we need to get our economic situation in order.
Jeeze, ya think? smirk

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It's not Paul's count of a 'jillion' bases that is scary...it's Ron Paul and his beliefs that are scary, hence the landslide for Ron Paul in the primaries.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by DELGUE
Jeeze, ya think? smirk

Yup. wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If RP is so great why doesn't he win any elections? Why didn't he win the nomination? If he can't then what is the point in nominating him? He certainly would not be able to win the presidency if he can't win on primary election.

The smart thing for RP to have done would be to select one of the conservatives that were running for the nomination and throw his support behind them. He would have a lot more influence on the nomination and maybe even the opportunity for a position in the new government. Treasury Secretary would give him a lot of influence and allow him to put some of his ideas into practice.

Last edited by ConradCA; 05/05/12.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ConradCA
He certainly would not be able to win the presidency if he can't win on primary election.
Would you mind outlining the reasoning process that causes you to arrive at that seemingly nonsensical conclusion? For example, there were candidates who ran against McCain in the 2008 primaries, and lost, yet likely would have done MUCH better than McCain, or even won, in the national election against Obama. If you acknowledge this to be true, and I cannot imagine how you wouldn't, your assertion above cannot possibly hold any water.

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
He certainly would not be able to win the presidency if he can't win on primary election.
Would you mind outlining the reasoning process that causes you to arrive at that seemingly nonsensical conclusion? For example, there were candidates who ran against McCain in the 2008 primaries, and lost, yet likely would have done MUCH better than McCain, or even won, in the national election against Obama. If you acknowledge this to be true, and I cannot imagine how you wouldn't, your assertion above cannot possibly hold any water.
Easy it's called VOTING! People vote in the primaries and the candidate with 1144 delegates, that candidate goes on to the convention,how hard is this to understand your candidate lost GROW UP!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Easy it's called VOTING! People vote in the primaries and the candidate with 1144 delegates, that candidate goes on to the convention,how hard is this to understand your candidate lost GROW UP!
That doesn't address the question. Let the boy answer for himself.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yes it does,and i'll post on any thread that i want to!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
However, all those trip wires pull us into war whenever hostilities break out involving nations that host our bases.
While not a fan of foreign bases, can you tell me when we became involved in a war due to having a base in that country, in, say, the last 50 years?
Well we certainly had bases in the region when Iraq invaded Kuwait. I seem to recall our military being drawn into that conflict. Had we no bases in the region, do you suppose we'd have involved ourselves in it?
Somehow you went from nations to regions. I suppose if Germany or South Korea is considered in the same region as Kuwait, you would be correct. However barring nonsense, which makes it much harder on you I realize, we certainly did not have any active military bases in the region that could be associated with Kuwait at the time of Sadaam's invasion. Muslim countries are not copacetic with allowing the Great Satan to place military bases on their sand.

Wanna try that one again?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,968
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.