Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WidowMaker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I was watching TV with my daughter and one of her friends last week when an ad came on for KY lubes....two people sitting in bed talking about how much fun they had with KY. Talk about awkward moment.

the degenerate and explicit sexual stuff is a whole separate issue, but I guess it's all just part of the great downward spiral that began in the early 60s.

Meant to Desynsatize your daughter. This is the exact group they are targeting. Gays control the major networks and are teaching the young to buy into it. It has worked. Look how many Fire Members don't have a problem with homosexuals and post about it. They have accepted it, because they have been taught to. TV is powerful...very powerful.
Yep.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's exactly one commercial on that shows a man as a real father. It's that car commercial where he's leaning in the window, telling his darling eight-ish daughter to not drive on the freeway, to call him, but not while she's driving, and so forth. Then in an eye-blink, she turns into a (VERY attractive) 16 year-old.

He's caring, firm, trusting, gentle - and he's a DAD.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tony
Being a pawn shop whore I see those little scooters for sale all the time.

yeah, the taxpayers buy them, then the downtrodden sell them for crack money.

Clearly. My 13 year old son Tony, whom you have met, has commented on the scooters. Sickening. He gets it. Number one son still needs some work, unfortunately. Kids...

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah that schits all "free" alright. Then why the hell don't I start making any money for me until along about wednesday every week ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the most important lessons we need to teach our children in today's society is media literacy. Kids are very perceptive, and once alerted to how various media present messages and who's behind those messages, they actually become very conscious and discerning of those messages and their presentation.

Bottom line, I believe that if we teach our kids right, we won't have to worry about what they see on TV.

(But I'm still not going to let them watch The Borgias..)

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Behold the Electric scooter of the hood:
Steady, green and quiet. With the swiftist of grace, like an arrow, they shoot forth from behind parked cars and onto the humanity of concrete deftly traversing the stream of baby strollers and trash-filled shopping carts.

Last edited by night_owl; 05/05/12.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thousands of years ago, I took a course called "Propaganda Analysis" to fulfill an English requirement. It turned out to be one of the best classes I ever took.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our darling daughter did her 7th grade science project on packaging and marketing of snacks for young children.. Complete with surveys of third graders and how much they ate out of various packaging and color/graphics schemes..

We were so proud of her. She gets it..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
sitting here watching an old movie, and working on an even older hoss pistol, and the commercials are just appalling. In an hour, I have seen the following ads:

1)get yourself a scooter, the government will pay...no cost to you.

2)get a diabetes tester and all my diabetic supplies for free...no cost to me

3)get a free cell phone...paid for by the government...free to me if I'm on welfare

4)get out of paying my past due taxes

5)get out of paying my credit card bills

a generation ago the vast majority of Americans would have been ashamed to participate in any of these.....the fact that they dominate TV ads and talk radio goes a long way to explain how we got a commie in the White House.

How many of those were by Law firms? grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There's exactly one commercial on that shows a man as a real father. It's that car commercial where he's leaning in the window, telling his darling eight-ish daughter to not drive on the freeway, to call him, but not while she's driving, and so forth. Then in an eye-blink, she turns into a (VERY attractive) 16 year-old.

He's caring, firm, trusting, gentle - and he's a DAD.

that is a very real commercial to me

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore

How many of those were by Law firms? grin

Sycamore

didn't happen to be any on in that hour, but usually there would have been a few asbestos whores and a bunch of drug product liability prospectors....equally disgusting.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
4)get out of paying my past due taxes

5)get out of paying my credit card bills

Could you be a little more specific? (phone numbers, and such)

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's the free market, functioning as it should.

we don't like? turn to another channel. don't like that channel, then find another one, ad infinitum.

the pharmaceuticals selling drugs retail bugs me. i tune out. the lawyers suing the pharmaceuticals for selling bad drugs bugs me. i tune out.

they (the private, regligous, and gov't school systems) have trained us to be a nation of consumers. buy something, then pay tax on it is the general idea. the more stuff sold, the more the sales tax revenue, and other tax revenue. it's a good game.

just play the game. we all know it's a game.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570
For instance,no one could ever convince a rural kid that homosexuality is just an "alternate lifestyle",or,"God made them that way".

Of course not. That's what cows and sheep were for.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they're giving away free scooters, I'll take one like Bristoes.

How does one apply?

Last edited by 700LH; 05/05/12.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
African Americans make up about 13% of the US population but based on our TV commercials you'd think it was about 50%. They are almost always portrayed as; in charge, smarter, cooler, kinder, funnier, etc. Can't recall seeing one wearing a hoodie either.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
African Americans make up about 13% of the US population but based on our TV commercials you'd think it was about 50%. They are almost always portrayed as; in charge, smarter, cooler, kinder, funnier, etc.
I've noticed that too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Always with the racial sh*t.

Yup.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
African Americans make up about 13% of the US population but based on our TV commercials you'd think it was about 50%. They are almost always portrayed as; in charge, smarter, cooler, kinder, funnier, etc. Can't recall seeing one wearing a hoodie either.

This. The percentage of negro judges portrayed on TV runs at about 90%.

It's social engineering by the libs in NYC and Hollywoo...and it's obvious. The problem is that most people are complete dumbschits and they can't see it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Whether in commercials or on shows, men are depicted as weak buffoons, or are absent altogether in time of need. (Witness those ADT ads.) Women, however, are the new "man of the house" and are always smarter and more capable.

It's not because Hollywood hates men.

It's because Madison Avenue recognizes that men don't buy most of the stuff being advertised.

Strong women, weak men. It makes a woman feel good. Makes her want to spend money.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 51 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,922
Posts18,518,836
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.