Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
I had heard good things about this site but and joined for that very reason. But this hovering paranoia in the classifieds leaves much to be desired.

Go back to Accuratereloading.com then. Looks like 90% of your posts here are just in the classifieds anyway.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm a great guy to deal with in case anybody was wondering.

Travis

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
nsagam-No problem! Have a good day! As to your question, I simply perused through many of the ads and those that had issues in deals. I don't recall the exact numbers, but those with higher post counts certainly were not immune to problems in completing transactions.

dogcatcher223 wrote:"Go back to Accuratereloading.com then. Looks like 90% of your posts here are just in the classifieds anyway."

If I do, I might miss out on your lovely disposition smile

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I really look more at the size of one's balls, I won't deal with anyone who has little balls. I can tell how big they are by one's post history... Post count don't matter, its more quality vs. quantity... take my post for instance... real quality! smile

God Bless America!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Bobby,

You are obviously not getting it, it is not post count alone that people are judged by. It just so happens that most posters with a high post count have been on this site for a long time, and during that time the people of this site have gotten to know them on a somewhat personal level. This gives them confidence when dealing with them, just as you would have more confidence dealing with someone you have know for years than someone you just met. People use the post count as a gauge, and proceed from there with the appropriate amount of caution.

Don't take it personal, I would rather deal with my brother than anyone on this site because I know him better. YMMV

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Bobby,

You are obviously not getting it, it is not post count alone that people are judged by. It just so happens that most posters with a high post count have been on this site for a long time, and during that time the people of this site have gotten to know them on a somewhat personal level. This gives them confidence when dealing with them, just as you would have more confidence dealing with someone you have know for years than someone you just met. People use the post count as a gauge, and proceed from there with the appropriate amount of caution.

Don't take it personal, I would rather deal with my brother than anyone on this site because I know him better. YMMV

You'd rather deal with your brother than me? I take offense to that.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
heavywalker-Yes, I am getting it. I am not saying all do this, but a few are quick to point this out, just as I noted with the quotes in the opening of the thread. Those were taken directly from the classifieds.

dogcatcher223-When I joined, it was mainly to look at the classifieds. I even mentioned that I do not intend to post here much at all. I used to post a lot elsewhere. But I am now disabled with my health continuing to decline and on most days have a very hard time typing -- and can't do it at all at times.

Last edited by BobbyTomek; 05/10/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would have taken the guy up on his refund offer. It doesn't matter if he didn't know what he was selling. You knew what you thought you were buying. I've had a couple of good transactions here, with no problems.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My popcorn is d**m near done.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

What do we have to be wondering about to be access that information?

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FarOffPlaces

Travis

This time try english.

Ready? GO!

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
WyColoCowboy-

I believe in the old-fashioned way of doing things. It would not be right for me to accept or ask for a refund. I had the binos here for nearly 3 weeks before getting to look at them. That makes it my problem -- and I am the first to admit that.

But that was just an example and NOT the reason for my posting. There was another "Deal Gone Bad" post that I just read, and the "advice" given by some is what prompted me to post.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

Travis

This time try english.

Ready? GO!

Travis

Sorry english is my second language. I usually just point and grunt but this is the internet so pointing and grunting just makes me look stoopider than I am.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
You know, I am bumping my post count here with this thread. In another year or 2 and I may be a "good guy." Ha ha

Going to have to sign off for a while as some of my health issues are now getting the best of me.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Bobby,

Travis

I said don't take it personal. That is like saying with all due respect, if you as either of those things whatever comes afterwards is inconsequential.

I.E. Travis, with all due respect, you're an azzhole.

Last edited by heavywalker; 05/10/12.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

This time try english.

Ready? GO!

Travis

Sorry english is my second language. I usually just point and grunt but this is the internet so pointing and grunting just makes me look stoopider than I am.

Forgiven.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Bobby,

Travis

I said don't take it personal. That is like saying with all due respect, if you as either of those things whatever comes afterwards is inconsequential.

I.E. Travis, with all due respect, you're an azzhole.

Yes, but I'm an ass hole that is easy to do business with. That is key.

Travis

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

Travis

So this is true than if that's the case.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You may want to point and grunt here too. grin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I type it, it's true.

GFY,
Travis

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 50 invisible), 1,773 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,160
Posts18,523,492
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.