Hop To
Page 9 of 28 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 27 28
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by MacLorry
One of the main principles of the Bible is that God is not bound by natural law.

Right. Establish laws to control the universe then toy with your creation until they are miserable.Then flood thier planet for not following your laws.
Then offer them hellfire if they dont bow down and worship you...
I am liking this guy, GOD.
He reminds me of someone.

[Linked Image]

You have taken your opinion of who God is and rejected him.You have no idea of who God really is or you would not post such foolish things.

Man became miserable and destined for hell because of his own actions.God has always tried to help man and provide him with a way to escape from misery and damnation.

Any sane person would reject the image you have created of God,so you have contempt for anyone who doesn't.The problem though,is that God is not who you think he is.You have hardened your heart and blinded your own eyes to see anything other than your own ideas.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 05/29/12.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeneB
I never have tried to convince anyone of believing the way I do - I am secure in my beliefs. I think only those who have great doubts will try hard to get someone else to agree with their point of view, they need support to ease their doubts. With that I will leave it up to all of you to decide if I believe in god or I don't...and it doesn't matter to me the beliefs of any of you, just don't bug me with a big thread that pops up at the top of the page when I open up the site - my God given (or evolved) curiosity tends to make me open it!

I have a set of lapel pins the indicate I did not miss a Sunday at church for seven years straight & I only missed a few services over many more years stringing together a couple more years here and there of perfect attendance.... but many probably would say I didn't go to the RIGHT church, or used the RIGHT version of the Bible, or something, so I am not going to name the church for fear of starting another big argument. I know the Bible quite well (at least the edition I had). If those of you that say they believe in God really do - shut off your computers, open your Bibles and go to church - quit bugging people here.

�and if you are a believer you have to realize what no matter which religious faction you tend to agree with there are many more believers that will disagree with at least some of your beliefs & practices �� and every group has always tried to convince everyone else that they are the only ones that are right. The only thing that all these denominations seem to fully agree on is the opinion that atheists are wrong.

Sorry you feel inconvenienced by big threads about religion, but his is the Hunter's Campfire forum and if you don't like some thread it's up to you to ignore it rather than tell others what they can and can't do.

The title of this thread is "Archaeology proves the Bible is right (AGAIN)", which is why most of us are limiting our discussion to the Bible and its validity. I agree with you that even among Christians, there's a lot of debate and disagreement on the details, but that's not what this thread is about.

If you define "atheist" as someone who claims they know that there is no God, then it's not an opinion that they are wrong, it's a well reasoned fact that no one can know for sure as all who claim otherwise depend on circular logic to arrive at their conclusion. The only intellectually honest position is to know that you can't know, that you choose to believe what you do about God on the basis of faith. Rejecting God is an act of faith just as accepting God is an act of faith. Those who think otherwise are misled or self-deluded.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You are right, she is dead and we just had he stuffed.

I am out of this one. The raging stupidity and hate is more than i want to deal with.

I am considering my future here.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Scott F

I am out of this one. The raging stupidity and hate is more than i want to deal with.

Scott,
Your story blessed me and many others here.It's easy to get angry over some of these threads,at least it is for me.We have to remember that we are just a bunch of guys talking on the web and we will never resolve any great issues here.We just have to keep things in perspective and not assign more importance to this site or the web in general than it deserves.Stick around and have fun,but don't let ANYTHING rob you of your joy and faith.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Have you considered that your daughter was originally misdiagnosed? Has been known to happen even at the best of medical facilities.

Stupidity happens when not all possibilities are rigorously considered.

Deal with that.

Edit to add:

Leave or stay.

Announcing you are considering your future here is just a fragile ego fishing for external assurances of forum worth. Pitiful at best.

Last edited by carbon12; 05/29/12. Reason: uuuurp
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Scott,

Am I reading this right. Has your daughter passed away? I thought I read that she was alive and well (which I sincerely hope).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ringworm
One of the main principles of the Bible is that God is not bound by natural law.

Right. Establish laws to control the universe then toy with your creation until they are miserable.Then flood thier planet for not following your laws.
Then offer them hellfire if they dont bow down and worship you...
I am liking this guy, GOD.
He reminds me of someone.

[Linked Image]

Well at least you're not trying to defend your circular logic, so that at least is some progress. Your distain for God is based on ignorance, which is not surprising being you have long rejected the Bible as the reveled truth and testimony about God and his plan.

Being your eternal soul is at stake, maybe you should invest some time in learning who God really is and His plans for you. Find your Bible, open to Matthew, assume that what you are about to read is true and learn about Jesus. If you know Jesus, you know God. He's not who you have been misled to believe He is. Then make an informed choice to either reject or accept God.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That is the major difference between theism and deism. To a theist, God is NOT bound by natural law. To a deist, God IS bound by natural law. Just thought I'd throw this out.

Last edited by derby_dude; 05/29/12.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If those of you that say they believe in God really do - shut off your computers, open your Bibles and go to church - quit bugging people here.

You don't think the above is "bugging" tender sensitive compassionate people? I'm crushed by your ruthlessness.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Scott,
Your story blessed me and many others here.It's easy to get angry over some of these threads,at least it is for me.We have to remember that we are just a bunch of guys talking on the web and we will never resolve any great issues here.We just have to keep things in perspective and not assign more importance to this site or the web in general than it deserves.Stick around and have fun,but don't let ANYTHING rob you of your joy and faith.

+1

Good advice there, Scott. Your post edified me too and I thank you for it.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't be upset by skeptics not being able to accept a miracle, as to do so would destroy their concept of the world. They will always find a way to explain what they can't accept. When nails and other objects are found deep in coal seams they claim it must be an incursion, when the obits of stars defy known physical laws they invent dark matter, when they discover the universe is expanding at an increasing rate in violation of all known laws of physics they invent dark energy, when Stephen Hawking runs into trouble with his theory of black holes he embraces the idea of parallel universes, when the Standard Model fails to unify all the forces of nature, they invent M theory which requires 11 dimensions. The only thing skeptics can't accept is God.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by carbon12

Have you considered that your daughter was originally misdiagnosed? Has been known to happen even at the best of medical facilities.

Deal with that.

Edit to add:

Leave or stay.

Announcing you are considering your future here is just a fragile ego fishing for external assurances of forum worth. Pitiful at best.

Daughter was diagnosed and tissue samples were saved and are still being held at Vancouver, BC Children's Hospital. Then years later shew was re tested because they thought she should not have lived. The new tissue samples are also still saved. She had Downs, she no longer has.

You can call me a liar, you can say whatever you like. Those are the facts as told to us by the hospital. She still has the outward physical signs, large hands, slightly slanted eyes and webs at the back of her neck but instead of being a retard she is a collage graduate and just was smart enough to sign her name to buy her first home. Didn't even have to use a big X

Sorry if I get in the way of your there is no God attitude. Don't blame me, I am only reporting what the hospital reported to us.

And she is NOT a helpless retard, she it a distract manager for her company.

I on the other hand may be a hopeless retard for trying to point out the facts to those who have their minds made up and will slander people and facts to fit their views.

I will not open this post again. Repeating the same actions over and over while getting the same results is a sign of insanity.

Oh, and placing the blame on my shoulders because either the hospital has not published or you nave not read it is really fuucking stupid too!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Being your eternal soul is at stake...

Hey since you brought that up...
Eternity is a long time right?
Like endless. Zero's and zero's right.
For example, If a human generation was a grain of sand then a micro-second of eternity wouldnt even be the sands of all the oceans of the world to the 100 trillionth power.
Right?
Cause its never ending, right?
So I am going to live 80 years, if I am lucky.
Its fair to judge my actions of 80 years against eternity?
Thats pretty un-fking just if you ask me.
I mean thats like getting drawn and quartered for spitting on the sidewalk.
I dont think that your GOD is a loving dude, really.
I mean he cant just show me the wonders of the universe and allow me to choose to worship him for it or not without threatning hell for eternity?
Why not just leave me be? No hell no heaven, just no existance after death. Should be easy for the creator. But NOPE.
he's got to threaten an unjust eternity of forever burning fleash and pools of sulfar smoke if you dont belive that some made up guy was god.
You know. if it wernt for the Jesus crap and Hell...I might be a christian.
I mean my personality is pretty much not to respond well to threats. if there wasnt the whole HELL crap then I probably would belive MORE in a GOD.
B
But the injustice of his design as it sits negates me from wantting to spend any time with him.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Don't be upset by skeptics not being able to accept a miracle, as to do so would destroy their concept of the world. They will always find a way to explain what they can't accept. When nails and other objects are found deep in coal seams they claim it must be an incursion, when the obits of stars defy known physical laws they invent dark matter, when they discover the universe is expanding at an increasing rate in violation of all known laws of physics they invent dark energy, when Stephen Hawking runs into trouble with his theory of black holes he embraces the idea of parallel universes, when the Standard Model fails to unify all the forces of nature, they invent M theory which requires 11 dimensions. The only thing skeptics can't accept is God.

You make it sound like not being able to accept God is how hard stuff gets discovered.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by GeneB
I never have tried to convince anyone of believing the way I do - I am secure in my beliefs. I think only those who have great doubts will try hard to get someone else to agree with their point of view, they need support to ease their doubts. With that I will leave it up to all of you to decide if I believe in god or I don't...and it doesn't matter to me the beliefs of any of you, just don't bug me with a big thread that pops up at the top of the page when I open up the site - my God given (or evolved) curiosity tends to make me open it!

I have a set of lapel pins the indicate I did not miss a Sunday at church for seven years straight & I only missed a few services over many more years stringing together a couple more years here and there of perfect attendance.... but many probably would say I didn't go to the RIGHT church, or used the RIGHT version of the Bible, or something, so I am not going to name the church for fear of starting another big argument. I know the Bible quite well (at least the edition I had). If those of you that say they believe in God really do - shut off your computers, open your Bibles and go to church - quit bugging people here.

�and if you are a believer you have to realize what no matter which religious faction you tend to agree with there are many more believers that will disagree with at least some of your beliefs & practices �� and every group has always tried to convince everyone else that they are the only ones that are right. The only thing that all these denominations seem to fully agree on is the opinion that atheists are wrong.

Sorry you feel inconvenienced by big threads about religion, but his is the Hunter's Campfire forum and if you don't like some thread it's up to you to ignore it rather than tell others what they can and can't do.

The title of this thread is "Archaeology proves the Bible is right (AGAIN)", which is why most of us are limiting our discussion to the Bible and its validity. I agree with you that even among Christians, there's a lot of debate and disagreement on the details, but that's not what this thread is about.

If you define "atheist" as someone who claims they know that there is no God, then it's not an opinion that they are wrong, it's a well reasoned fact that no one can know for sure as all who claim otherwise depend on circular logic to arrive at their conclusion. The only intellectually honest position is to know that you can't know, that you choose to believe what you do about God on the basis of faith. Rejecting God is an act of faith just as accepting God is an act of faith. Those who think otherwise are misled or self-deluded.

Good points, Mac.

GeneB, The first two paragraphs of your post are self-refuting. In the first paragraph you are doing exactly what you say Christians should not do. In the second paragraph, if you know the Bible as well as you claim, then you should know that Jesus Christ commanded his followers to spread the Gospel, and that obedient Christians will do so.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please stop throwing these red herrings into the debate.

- evolutionism (small "e") IS a religion
- science HAS "proven beyond any doubt that creation occured"
-science HAS "proven that occational miracles occur"

I guess you didn't get the parady on an earlier post. Just like here.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

You say this is the Hunters Campfire Forum - so what's all this have to do with hunting?

So now you�re telling me what to do? - That I should ignore something just by looking at a few words & not even bothering reading what it's about or listening to views of others - that would be very closed minded. To roughly quote someone who must think he is nearer to God than me "if you don't like some thread" [or maybe just my post?] "It�s up to you to ignore it rather than tell others what they can and can't do" - if you didn't like my post you could have ignored it like you suggested I do (but you don't have to!), everyone else seems to have ignored it as your the only one to comment on it, but your commenting is fine with me. When I post I realize I open myself up for everyone�s comments & criticism and I accept that, you should to.

My comment was probably not worded the best and was meant as an suggestion; maybe I was wrong in making it but I will listen to what someone who doesn't like it has to say and not suggest they not participate - this is a public forum.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
maybe scott could go to The Shriners Hospital and teach parents there how to pray.
I mean whats all this bouncy ball chit.
Pray, right scott?
Jesus will heal all retarded and downs kids and polio and lukemia if the parents were just good christians.
So if you have a child who is ill or hurt, you are not a good christian obviously because jesus now hates you enough to burden your child with illness.
Wonder why I have 3 smart healthy kids and Scott was punished by god?
maybe he needed a lesson?
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by carbon12

Deal with that.

Edit to add:

Leave or stay.

Daughter was diagnosed and tissue samples were saved and are still being held at Vancouver, BC Children's Hospital. Then years later shew was re tested because they thought she should not have lived. The new tissue samples are also still saved. She had Downs, she no longer has.

You can call me a liar, you can say whatever you like. Those are the facts as told to us by the hospital. She still has the outward physical signs, large hands, slightly slanted eyes and webs at the back of her neck but instead of being a retard she is a collage graduate and just was smart enough to sign her name to buy her first home. Didn't even have to use a big X

Sorry if I get in the way of your there is no God attitude. Don't blame me, I am only reporting what the hospital reported to us.

And she is NOT a helpless retard, she it a distract manager for her company.

I on the other hand may be a hopeless retard for trying to point out the facts to those who have their minds made up and will slander people and facts to fit their views.

I will not open this post again. Repeating the same actions over and over while getting the same results is a sign of insanity.

Oh, and placing the blame on my shoulders because either the hospital has not published or you nave not read it is really fuucking stupid too!

So what you are only now revealing to the thread is that your daughter is in fact trisomic for C21 but that the syndrome is not fully expressed. That is not the same as a complete reversal of the Trisomic 21 genetic defect that you implied. That your daughter is a high functioning individual with Down's may be a miracle to those that choose to believe it, it is doubtful that it would pass rigorous scientific muster as a unexplainable act of God.

What is fuucking stupid is that you would allow any member, especially me, to push your buttons.

You should also recall that it was you, filled with hubris and using your trisomic daughter to bolster your point, that issued the challenge to anyone to prove you wrong.

Last edited by carbon12; 05/29/12. Reason: uuuurp
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are right, she is dead and we just had her stuffed.

Carol Anne's death in the middle of December delayed that year's Christmas letter to family and friends. When I wrote it, I explained why it was late, entitled it "Christmas in Heaven," and began with a note that at last Carol Anne was realizing her dream of meeting Jesus.

Right away, I got a fiery letter from a friend who wasn't usually all that faithful about answering letters � I don't buy this Jesus [stuff]! � and on and on.

Anti-Christians � that unique special breed of trolls � jump up and forward to take full advantage of every opportunity to throw sh�t into Christians' punch bowls, never content to let us celebrate without contest.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 9 of 28 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 74 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,520
Posts18,530,673
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.