Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I am barely computer literate and would like to post some old and some newer photos to this section of "the Campfire". I had a person who voluteered to assist me in this, the second one, but, now is unable to come and do so.

Thus, I need SIMPLE instructions as to how one can post photos here. I may need to re-photo old pix and may need advice on that and non-techy,puleeze!

I have never been much into photography, due to the work I did and have only about 2-3 dozen photos, but, some here might enjoy seeing some of BC's mountains,even with my ugly mug superimposed on some of that terrain.

So, how does one do it?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can you email pictures? If so, you can email me some pictures and I will post them here for you. Much easier than "teaching you to fish" if it is only going to be a one time deal.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Do you have a printer that also functions as a scanner?

If so, scan and "save as" a .jpg format.

Then open a free photobucket account (easiest way to do it, www.photobucket.com) and upload the pics from where ever it was that you saved them to on your computer.

Then it's a simple matter of right click, copy link, and paste in the thread of your choice.

OR, you could scan and email them to someone who has a 'bucket account and they could post them for you.......

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
No, Evan, my wife told me this morning that we DO have a digital camera, which I had forgetten I got her and also she can take pix. from her cellphone. If, I am going to do this, I will learn to do it properly and, if she can find where all my old BCFS and AFS Lookout photos and Canadian Coast Guard pix, are I will probably post them as I become proficient in doing so.

I will also learn to e-mail them as eventually I will sell my gun collection and, given it's size and relative value, I will need to send pix to prospective buyers.

So, when she gets home, I will start with Dave's (KHntr) suggestion and damned well learn to master these tech, gizmos. I even am going to buy a GPS and a PLB for some trips I have planned, no point in remaining "illiterate" for the rest of my days!

Gentlemen, thanks for the advice so far! smile

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
1) create an account at photobucket.com

2) Upload photo's to account then click view album..

3) Move mouse curser over intended photo until the options below the pic shows up and click on the "IMG option" it will say "copied"

4) Post picture link my hitting ctrl+v to paste link into thread in which you intend to post pic(s)

It is best to open 2 windows to help bounce back and forth between photobucket and 24hrcampfire (or whichever website you plan on sharing the pics)

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You can create sub albums at photobucket to help keep your pics organized and easy to find... It's best to do this right off the bat because once you move an uploaded pic it will have a different url address and that pic wont show up if it was previously posted on a website before..

It sounds like rocket science until you do it a few times then its pretty simple..

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Its lookin' like Bushcraft will be dining on crow soon enough.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
And the internet aint goin to be gettin any prettier;)

I might be able to get my wifey to scan your photos and then burn a disc for ya.

Fuzzy

Last edited by fuzzyone; 05/30/12.

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
[Linked Image]

It works! Thanks for the tip. I am not very good at posting photos either.

(Me testing a Valandre' Mirage at 12 degrees F).

Last edited by Vigilguy; 05/30/12.
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
[Linked Image]

Photo of the digital thermometer to prove I was telling the truth!

IC B3

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
[Linked Image]

Hey, now that I know how to post pix with ease, this is kinda fun!

(Brookies from Lake ______ in Wyoming, from our goatpacking trip two years ago.)

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
[Linked Image]

Last photo...I think I got it figured out now...

(Fishing trip to the _________ river in Utah last November, during the Brown Trout spawn)

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Thanks for the tips, MuleyFan!!!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Its lookin' like Bushcraft will be dining on crow soon enough.

Oh lets not count our crows before they are hatched.......

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
nice fish smile

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Vigilguy
Thanks for the tips, MuleyFan!!!

No problem... Nice fish!

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I am not sure exactly what you mean by ...open two windows... in one of your earlier posts?

Also, I have some older pix, no negatives and I cannot find some others I had-yet- as I have never been much into photography and am curious-do I need to have these re-photo'ed with a digital camera?

All of this is totally new to me and I have decided to learn to do this as "Vigilguy" has here and then post pix as I see fit.

One further point and I want to make this totally clear. This is NOT "about" "Bushcraft" or ANYONE/ANYTHING else, it is something I have intended to do for some time and, with the 2+ years of my wife's medical issues, just kept putting off and thus have never finished.

I do not post here to "prove" anything to anyone, much like I don't get into the practice of attempting to denigrate other posters "ad hominem" because this usually reveals more about the protagonist than about the attacked. I also have never taken photos of game animals, other than 2-3 simply because I have never felt like carrying the extra weight of a camera or paying to buy one.

So, let's keep this about learning to post photos and not allow it to become another schitslinging fest for the few who, well, leave it at that as I think certain things are obvious.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
With your older pics you will need to get them "scanned".This is kind of like getting them" re-photod" .You could take them to london drugs or some other place with a decent photo department. They would "digitize" the photos and be able to burn you a CD with the pics on it. You would then be able to take the disk and and load that onto your computer. Once on your computer you would follow instructions already given about how to post online.

Fuzzy

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Those are some dandy fish Vigil, especially the footballs from Wyoming. Very nice.

Actually TAK, I do not have one iota of a problem eating a little crow. The truth is tasty dish served hot or cold.

Kutenay, By two windows he means have either two Internet Explorer programs open (or two tabs if you are running a newer version of IE). This would allow you to copy the IMG code from Photobucket (running in one window or tab), then transition to the Internet Explorer program or tab you have open for 24Hr, then simply paste into your message. It's really not altogether different than copying or pasting things inside any Word document, e-mail message, or message board forum message you are writing. The trick is copying the correct code in Photobucket. You are a smart guy and should get the hang of it pretty quickly.

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
Progressive Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Fuzzy brings up a good point. We all have old pictures floating around, steadily decaying over the years, with the negatives long gone. If one is inclined to save them, it is extremely easy to have them digitally scanned either at home or professionally, and thus preserved and "backed-up" forever.

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
Progressive Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (222Sako, 160user, 1eyedmule, 219DW, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 3,559 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,753
Posts18,535,576
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.