-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Much, if not most of the money earned working here as an illegal immigrant gets sent back to Mexico to support their families still living there.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

The ones coming to my area come here to sell meth coke heroin weed and commit drive by shootings, res burgs, rapes armed robberies.....

And how is sending BILLIONS OF DOLLARS to back home to Mexico every year by illegal aliens help the American Economy??

Does NPR have the answer to this question?

Alll the local ag workers here return home every Winter. Why would they return home to Mexico to starve?

Originally Posted by nsaqam

While I'm opposed to illegal immigration I wonder what I'd do if my kids were hungry living in Mexico and if I could feed them by going to the US, illegally or not?
I'm thinking that there isn't much I WOULDN'T do to feed my kids.

You folks are not understanding what I'm saying.
As I stated above, I'm opposed to illegal immigration.
I'm merely stating THEIR justification for illegally immigrating here.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

While I'm opposed to illegal immigration I wonder what I'd do if my kids were hungry living in Mexico and if I could feed them by going to the US, illegally or not?

Look, your justifications aren't correct mathematically, the percentages of why are low on your examples is all. Also your picture of Mexico is off and actually disrespectful of my friends that live there with no intention of coming here illegally.

The people in Mexico that live in life threatening poverty is low... poverty compared to the US but with sustainable resources are the majority, in a larger part of the world they would be considered rich.

Are they bored with the economic restrictions for most, yes.

The majority of Mexicans have education, healthcare, food, shelter, transportation and some entertainment in some standard... as humans we want to improve our experience and they can't in Mexico mostly because of the 'social environment'.

It's easier to come here than change the environment there.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've been to every Country in CA with the exception of El Salvador and Nicaragua. My father is a native Spanish speaker but none of his children became fluent in Spanish as we're Americans.
I've been to Chiapas and Oaxaca as well as Sonora and Baja.
Extreme poverty is pervasive in both the southern provinces as it is in every Nation I visited in CA.

You can deny extreme poverty exists in Mexico but I know better from first hand experience.
Ever seen the slums around San Pedro Sula? Ever seen the children afflicted with diseases easily treatable but for want of penicillin? Ever worked in an orphanage in CA?
I have.

As for the people saying it's not their problem that extreme poverty exist south of our border. They're right but that poverty is what drives people to enter our great Nation illegally.

I'm done with this thread as there is no chance that reasoned debate can occur when so many minds are so closed.
Poverty is no more pervasive in Mexico than it would be here were it not for social services. I'm not as hardcore as some where those social services are concerned. I get hardcore though when it comes to using said services to support people who are not Americans. It becomes class warfare. There ought to be enough for everybody, but when you start taking from some and giving to others, where does it end? How much of your wealth are you willing to give to Mexicans who are here illegally?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp

Look, your justifications aren't correct mathematically, the percentages of why are low on your examples is all. Also your picture of Mexico is off and actually disrespectful of my friends that live there with no intention of coming here illegally.

The people in Mexico that live in life threatening poverty is low... poverty compared to the US but with sustainable resources are the majority, in a larger part of the world they would be considered rich.

Are they bored with the economic restrictions for most, yes.

The majority of Mexicans have education, healthcare, food, shelter, transportation and some entertainment in some standard... as humans we want to improve our experience and they can't in Mexico mostly because of the 'social environment'.

It's easier to come here than change the environment there.

Kent

And they're the ones nominally responsible for their environment there. Sadly, when they come here, they change the environment here to one similar to that back there.

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Sadly, when they come here, they change the environment here to one similar to that back there.

Also sadly, those are the most harmless ones... imagine a 5% population demographic consisting of a 30% prison population for crime.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like the 17% of our existing population that commits about 80% of the crimes...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bump

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Village with no power or water, water is brought in with a leaky old water truck and he fills up 50 gallon barrels at each residence. Lights are running a wire out to the vehicle battery. The store has solar power and they watch TV under the cabana a couple hours a night sitting at picnic tables... no bar, restaurant or even liquor sold, just a 10X20 store that the owner drives his van 60 miles to Caborca for basic supplies. They even have a one room school.

Kids coming over and watching us pour concrete at my buddies house. Of course we fussed over them and the little one gave me a pretty shell as a gift.

[Linked Image]

Getting the local concrete plant up and running.

[Linked Image]

The ponga fleet coming in from fishing when the swells got huge... you can see they pull the boats up the sand with a truck and a rope.

[Linked Image]

The store, where we bring in some fish for them to sell in Caborca and also eat.

[Linked Image]

Part of the village on the horizon, mostly plywood and tin.

[Linked Image]

Is it boring for those living there... probably... not having conveniences/appliances may suck... teenagers don't stick around long... it will never change there or get better.

many head for America,some make it... some stay in the village system... others join the federales, cartels or brothels.

But they aren't starving.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
If Hemingway were to write of this place, most here would daydream of paradise, whales, big game fishing... possibly an old man and the sea...

Life isn't as poetic...

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We're lucky to have seen and known "old Mexico" when we did, Mister.

.......I think she's gone, now.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
For years, the President has called on Congress to make common-sense fixes to our broken immigration system. They haven't. So he did.

OK, so what has he done to fix the broken immigration system?

Nothing.

All he did was reward the children of illegal immigration, this does nothing to address the broken immigration system. Of course he has no time for that, he has to get off to the golf course.

You think a comprehensive immigration reform bill has any chance of making it to the floor of the Republican controlled House?
Do you think that a comprehensive immigration reform bill has any chance of advancing in a Democrat controlled Senate?

I support the Dream Act. If you put your life on the line for this great Nation you deserve a clear path to citizenship. Far more these fine young people than many US citizens who've never lifted a finger or risked anything to help our Nation.

First, Obama is a Dictator now that he is ignoring the constitution. For that reason alone his "dream act" has to be rejected. Then we should send him to prison.

Second, when we reward criminals for breaking our laws we just get more of them. We don't need more criminals invading our country. What should happen is that the government should give 3 months notification before they start rounding these people up, confiscating everything they own and sticking them in prisons for 3 months before returning them home. All those that enter and stay illegally in the future should get a year in prison before being kicked out of the country.

Last edited by ConradCA; 06/18/12.

[Linked Image from ]
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

I remember in 2000, I was in mexico probably four times, four different places... and the hope the people had when Fox was elected. It was to be a new era of prosperity.

wishing don't make something so...

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

I remember in 2000, I was in mexico probably four times, four different places... and the hope the people had when Fox was elected. It was to be a new era of prosperity.

wishing don't make something so...

Kent

I rode into Mexico City, just outta' Chiapas, on the eve of Carlos Salinas Gortari's inauguration,....something a little more than 10 years before. UNBELIEVABLE, seeing that place a "Ghost Town",....I mean there was NOTHING moving, and every corner had a sandbagged Infantry post on it. We grafted and corrupted our way into enough Booze, Good Food, and gentle company to ride out the following 48 hours,.....in a fairly 'Upscale' "Polanco" district,

.....right up the road, at "El Presiidente" ?

Fidel Castro,......

Salinas Gortari made it onto the cover of "Time Magazine", and was going to be THE answer to Mex's problemos.

WTF is that dope running SOB today,....Swiss ?

Mexico , Mexico,.....so far from God, so close to Los Estados.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nearly half the population of Mexico lives below the poverty line.
85% of the Nations wealth is held by a very few families.
40% have no access to health care.

For 50 million people Mexico is impoverished. Extremely impoverished.

I'll ask again, what WOULDN'T you do to feed your children?

You know what? None of the above is my responsibility. Why don't you and minnesota take care of them. We can offer free bus tickets. I am probably the one that took that picture of the toilet seat on the flag, i was there that day, watching a lot of these people being bussed in from california by sieu, the union. And having to talk people down that wanted to take things in their own hands, the demonstrators were being protected by the highway patrol, and telling these guys that was exactly what these bums wanted. I got a better idea, why don't you voluntarily increase your tax rate to 80% so they have a little more money for these programs. Like watching an illegal squirt five kids on u.s. soil, making them citizens, and then qualifying for God knows how many give away programs in arizona. And having to explain to a grandchild about college costs, lack of work being pushed out by illegals and so on. I swear, i think a lot of you dins have a genetic defect in your thinking.
oh yeah, neighbor accross the street that dang near lost his diesel truck a few weeks ago i would like to help put a few more in minn. too. You see diesels are a truck of choice for the import/export business.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/18/12.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
One last contrast...

In 05 or 06, somewhere near the end of Fox's term. I was down in San Carlos Mex, supposedly getting paid back for doing some public relations for a High roller contractor with the city on a subdivision he was developing... More like he needed me to Captain his 45 footer on their diving expedition.

One night he said... come on, we need to meet with the vice president of mexico.

Huh?

Fox has a large scale development idea above Rocky Point where they want to build a tourist destination, very high class with a marina, multiple golf courses, resorts ect, closer to the USA. They want us to partner with them.

Uh, ok.

Now we leave my buddies house which is very nice and half way up the seaside promontory overlooking the marina, to the top where the large haciendas are. It was like one of those drug lord mansions in the movies. Huge party going on, guys in suits, girls everywhere... other things everywhere.

We get handed off to a couple different people and finally see a plan for the project... but the VP is unavailable at that time... rumor was he was with a couple of the female 'guests'. We can stay and party if we want.

We just left... hell, we had to be on the water at 4 the next morning.

Fox wasn't in office much longer and the bust here destroyed all development there.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
BOTH "Coasts" of Mexico are LITTERED with failed 'resort developments,......another word for which might be ecological disasters.

ALL good enough to establish "Madrassa Bases", nonetheless.

Chit, Mud village in the middle of BombhuckE, v. a Tropical Beach with a Coconut Grove ?

We're SURROUNDED by clueless Mother Teresa types, and Ron's post NAILED that,....

.....a 10 X

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 06/18/12.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If they are illegal than they need to go back to their country! The Mexicans do nothing but cause a strain on the U.S! If they were serious about making changes they would work on Mexico instead. They can go through a civil war and draft a constitution that they wish to adhere too just like the U.S. did!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Yep, Mexico has the largest percentage of immigrant force in the world, around 20% and most of that in the US.

As much as I like the mexican people, I can't wish their woes away. They have the natural resources, agriculture and infrastructure to be a 1st world country.

I really don't feel sorry for them like some african countries... though I do feel bad for the environment they allow.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
AY,....

que Lastima, Mexico lindo,

con mas que tantos Diablos. frown

GTC

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1234, 222Sako, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 73 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,786
Posts18,496,009
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.