Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 924 of 1,842 1 2 922 923 924 925 926 1841 1842
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've carried a "Wave" on my belt for the past fifteen years.Before that I had the original Leatherman which now resides in my hunting fanny pack.That was a great present.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yep, I have an older Wave too, my dad gave it to me one year for Christmas.

This new Wave is really great, the only problem Nate and I see with it is that the sheath seems to be design influenced more by a styling group than by a functionality minded group.

There is no way I would carry my new Wave in that sheath. That's some kind of mocha latte sipping, fancy dead snail eating, metro sexual city boy design on that sheath. Someone that obviously doesn't know that some guys work hard and play hard. Some guys crawl around on their back under vehicals, climb trees and hang upside down if necessary, ride ATV's and snowmobiles, crash ATV's and snowmobiles...

That new sheath is junk, I'd call it "unpractical tactical". A zoomy styling attempt, functionality FAIL.

low sides... this is a leatherman tool ejector more so than it is a safe place to carry your leatherman.

[Linked Image]

So we'll be looking for a better sheath soon.

For now I think I have one like this at home that he can use:

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have the "Core" and the original Leatherman. The "Core" was free so I couldn't turn it down, but it's heavy. like carrying a small workshop on your belt.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ND, I am a little unclear, how do you feel about the sheath that came with the Wave? grin

Fantastic present! Just think how much our forefathers would have appreciated a Leatherman back in the 1800s or early 1900s.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hi Uncle Dusty! How have you been?

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Stan,

I have the original Letherman as well. I've put a lot of miles on it and it keeps working. I've probably had that thing for 15 years or more.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The sheath I have is leather. It fully encloses the tool and the snap would have to pulled pretty hard to pop loose.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Berettaman
ND, I am a little unclear, how do you feel about the sheath that came with the Wave? grin

Same way I feel about the sheath that came with my buck alpha hunter folder.

A really nice knife in a risky, poorly designed knife ejecting sheath.

[Linked Image]

grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
The sheath I have is leather. It fully encloses the tool and the snap would have to pulled pretty hard to pop loose.

I have the same sheath on my original Leatherman. I have had the flap pop loose a couple of times.

Leatherman is made in Oregan and has an outlet store in the Portland area. I need to have my son take me there on one of our visits.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It has been raining here most of the morning, even a little hail. My neighbor has been working on a project in his garage and has his old car sitting outside, if he was home I would have told him he can park it in my garage before the hail hit. It is an old Studebacher(not sure how to spell it). Don't think the hail was big enough to cause any damage.

Avery is doing very well in the storm. There were a couple cracks of thunder that scared her a little, but not bad. She is such a good girl.

A couple funny things happened when we visited mom & dad. Avery followed me up the stairs and wouldn't come down. Babe (mom and dad's dog) come up the stairs, looked at Avery, turned around and Avery followed her back down. Then we were outside and Babe just jumped in her pool (mom has been trying to get her to do that on her own for 2 years). She did it like 3 times trying to get Avery to go in there with her.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sounds like you're really enjoying Avery, Muffy.

Areas just North of us had storms roll through early this AM. Quite a few trees down in some spots. The worst of the storms have been going around us. We have picked up some much needed rain.

Going to be hot (90* plus) and humid today with a chance of storms through Wednesday.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's cool! It's funny how dogs play, fun to watch.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Tzone,

I heard a blub on KFAN that part of the Twin Cities got hammered with a storm last night. Downed trees and telephone poles etc.

75 mph winds in some spots. Hope your place didn't get it too bad.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We got a lot of racket but that's about it. I live 25 miles north of that zoo. It sounds like the big mess was about 20 or miles south. We got just under an inch of rain.

It's been wet to say the least.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Getting a tiny bit of rain here too, unfortunately not enough. I wish we could get an inch in the next week, but I doubt it. irrigation time it looks like

we're thinking Sylvia if its a girl and James if it's a boy.

both names have family significance, so we think they are fitting, classic names.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like Sylvia. Tom has a nice ring to it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
OK guys and girls. We need to have a name the baby contest. Everyone submit a boys and girls name. The names go into a hat, make that 2 hats and the lucky parents pull the winning name.

My picks are: Marsh for a boy and Sydney for a girl.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I always liked Oliver. For a boy of course.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
OK Chickenbuckers,

My dad and step mom need your prayers. They're getting flooded out in Duluth as you read this. The water in their basement is belly deep and rising.

They don't have flood insurance becasue they're not in a flood plaine. Ins rules are if you're in one, you can't get it anyway. crazy

He's pretty sure a few cars are lost like mom's daily driver and his '64 merc.

As of now they can stay in his newr (07) shop because he built it up, but is still coming so he's not sure.

My BIL is trying to get into their place with a 4" pump to at least get the water out and keep up with the water coming in.

So send all the prayers you can north to them. ND and MrsND's dad may or may not be in some of the nasty too.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Getting a tiny bit of rain here too, unfortunately not enough. I wish we could get an inch in the next week, but I doubt it. irrigation time it looks like

we're thinking Sylvia if its a girl and James if it's a boy.

both names have family significance, so we think they are fitting, classic names.

I like James. I think that is a fine, fine name.

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 924 of 1,842 1 2 922 923 924 925 926 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.