N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
Originally Posted by senior
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by senior

Curious just what reasonably priced, stock rifle you have that is so much better??

Left handed Kimber of Oregon M84.
Better in just about every respect.
And yes, I've owned a T3.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said reasonably priced.
Or do new Kimbers generally run $7-800 bucks down there shocked

Perhaps I missed the part were a T3 is even remotely comparable to a Montana. Wasnt aware a T3 had a true synthetic stock, 100% steel parts, and accomodates real mounts.

How much did your little Montana .223 cost ya archie?
laugh

Last edited by Nrut; 06/24/12.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by southwind
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Can't get a new Kimber in left hand.

I paid $1000 and have ten times the rifle with an appropriate sized action, all steel BA and BM, sweet polish blue, ultra lightweight synthetic stock, 6 pound 1.7 ounce weight all up scoped, and my Kumber is going up in value.

So yes, I'd say that was reasonably priced and an even better value.

You asked, I answered.

Really? that T3 derangement syndrome will eat you alive and it sounds like you are half ate.

The Kimber montana a buddy of mine just bought is a complete pos and I don't have any problem with you being in love with that but hang up the T3 obsession.

Do tell of the POS Montana, so I can find a reason not to buy one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buy what you want but as nsagam wrote of the poor finish I observed a recent montana that was not very whippy in that catagory. This was responding to his ten times better comment.

This same montana could barely produce 1.5 minutes despite numerous attempts along with a stock that chipped and scratched badly on it's first trip out. Anyway, if a guy likes the Kimber montana then buy away. This Montana is a pos and maybe there are many others that are not.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Nrut

laugh

Montana 223 NIB in Canada- 1250 plus tax

Tikka T3 SS NIB- 899 plus tax

McMillan EDGE- 550 Canadian
Aluminum Shroud- 50$

Total to make a Tikka even **close** to a Montana

1500$ plus tax, and it STILL has a plastic mag, a long action, and junk bottom metal... AND BS dovetail mounting system.

Carry on and tell me of how good a "bargain" these T3s are.

Last edited by archie_james_c; 06/24/12.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by southwind
Buy what you want but as nsagam wrote of the poor finish I observed a recent montana that was not very whippy in that catagory. This was responding to his ten times better comment.

This same montana could barely produce 1.5 minutes despite numerous attempts along with a stock that chipped and scratched badly on it's first trip out. Anyway, if a guy likes the Kimber montana then buy away. This Montana is a pos and maybe there are many others that are not.

Please put me in contact with him. I'll trade him a blued T3, straight up.

Seriously.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
At least Tikka owners aren't embarrased to post target pics. I thought about buying a Kimber and taking some poser photos of it in the back yard, but I went shooting instead.

Here is a group at 400 yards. Little embarrased to admit it is only 2", but what can you do with the wind a mirage? cool

[Linked Image]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Just back from a few weeks in Africa. Appears I have to sell my Mauser's, new and old M70's, M77's and M700's as they cannot kill chit. Always learning I am. confused

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've played around with one for a couple of years in 270 WSM. I did not care for it at all. I'd take one over a Savage though.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
At least Tikka owners aren't embarrased to post target pics. I thought about buying a Kimber and taking some poser photos of it in the back yard, but I went shooting instead.

Here is a group at 400 yards. Little embarrased to admit it is only 2", but what can you do with the wind a mirage? cool

[Linked Image]

I tend to spend more time shooting and less time shuttering, lately. Although for the fact that those groups were shot off a pack, laying down I thought they were OK.

I'd show you pics of 450 yard groups but I've just never cared enough to walk up and snap a pic of them when I could be zinging 30 more rounds down range in that time.

Next time I'm out I'll take some pics just for you.

Last edited by archie_james_c; 06/24/12.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have a T3 .223 that really shoots. It is the only stainless and plastic rifle I own. The rest are walnut and blued steel. I love them all if they shoot; if they don't they are sold or traded.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by husqvarna
I love them all if they shoot; if they don't they are sold or traded.

Thats the funny part about this whole argument. Of all the rifles I've owned/shot I've never NOT been able to make them shoot sub-moa, off a backpack at 100 yards.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm a huge Kimber Montana fan, but they're not without their faults. I have a .308 that's headed back to the factory because it won't feed from the left side. I had identical issues with a .7mm-08, plus you'd have been lucky to hit a pie-plate with it at 100 yards. Kimber's "stainless steel" also rusts like crazy, but on the bright side, their customer service department has been good to work with.

I just picked up my first Tikka T3, a SS .223 Lite, and while the stock is nowhere near as nice as Kimber's, it's not bad for the $475.00 I paid for it. The magazine and scope mount doesn't scare me either. Been running Glocks and CZ 527's for years without a hitch. The one thing I wish it did have is a true short action. The trigger is as good as anything out there, plus it just flat out shoots.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Nrut

laugh

Montana 223 NIB in Canada- 1250 plus tax

Tikka T3 SS NIB- 899 plus tax

McMillan EDGE- 550 Canadian
Aluminum Shroud- 50$

Total to make a Tikka even **close** to a Montana

1500$ plus tax, and it STILL has a plastic mag, a long action, and junk bottom metal... AND BS dovetail mounting system.

Carry on and tell me of how good a "bargain" these T3s are.

Actually I don't own a Tikka nor do I have the desire to own one because I don't care for the long action and the DM..
As far as the Montana selling for $1250.00 NIB plus tax maybe you could share with us the dealer that sells them for that price..
I do hope that you didn't paint yourself into a corner on this Montana pricing ($1250.00 NIB) as I am looking for another one myself..
The best I can come up with is $1350.00 plus tax with most dealers selling them for $1450.00 to $1550.00 plus tax..
laugh

Last edited by Nrut; 06/24/12.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'm a huge Kimber Montana fan, but they're not without their faults. I have a .308 that's headed back to the factory because it won't feed from the left side. I had identical issues with a .7mm-08, plus you'd have been lucky to hit a pie-plate with it at 100 yards. Kimber's "stainless steel" also rusts like crazy, but on the bright side, their customer service department has been good to work with.

I just picked up my first Tikka T3, a SS .223 Lite, and while the stock is nowhere near as nice as Kimber's, it's not bad for the $475.00 I paid for it. The magazine and scope mount doesn't scare me either. Been running Glocks and CZ 527's for years without a hitch. The one thing I wish it did have is a true short action. The trigger is as good as anything out there, plus it just flat out shoots.

Yeah, Kimber's stainless steel is far from top tier. My 270 WSM Montana has some rust speckles on it but so did the Tikka 270 WSM that I had in my safe for a while. My Winnie's don't do that.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Thats the funny part about this whole argument. Of all the rifles I've owned/shot I've never NOT been able to make them shoot sub-moa, off a backpack at 100 yards.

So you've never owned a +MOA rifle? Wow! Quigley's got nothing on you.

To all of the Tikka/plastic bashers out there, post up some pics of the broken parts that you've personally seen go bad (not intended for you nsaqam.....you have some perfectly valid reasons for your dislike and I respect that).

Last edited by JGRaider; 06/24/12.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JGRaider

To all of the Tikka/plastic bashers out there, post up some pics of the broken parts that you've personally seen go bad (not intended for you nsaqam.....you have some perfectly valid reasons for your dislike and I respect that).

I hope you have a lot of time on your hands to wait for that response grin

I have had 2 of them only problem I had with one was a cracked bolt shroud. They both shot like a custom rifle is supposed to shoot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Now you did it JG!

How's a guy supposed to continue on his rabid anti-T3 crusade with a nice response like that??? grin grin wink

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kimber 84M isn't half the rifle a Tikka T3 Lite is. I've owned both.

nsaqam and archie, you both are a couple of rude, inconsideate jerks for schitting on dogcatchers thread. He never asked you your opinion of Tikkas, or mentioned anything about the definition of a "fine" rifle. He just gave a report how his rifle shoots, and showed a target.

nsaqam, you've been crying and whining like a little girl for years about Tikka's. Why don't you grow up, act your age, and just quit bitching about them. We all know how you feel. Noone cares any more. Notice how none of us that have owned p.o.s. Kimbers have schit on your Kimber thread? Because we are polite enough to stay away. You should try it too.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I had a Ruger #1 that was a turd. I am no fan of them because they are expensive, and I have read a lot of reports of ill shooting #1's. That being said, I don't devote my life to chasing down every #1 thread on the web so i can piss on it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by yukonal
Kimber 84M isn't half the rifle a Tikka T3 Lite is. I've owned both.

nsaqam and archie, you both are a couple of rude, inconsideate jerks for schitting on dogcatchers thread. He never asked you your opinion of Tikkas, or mentioned anything about the definition of a "fine" rifle. He just gave a report how his rifle shoots, and showed a target.

nsaqam, you've been crying and whining like a little girl for years about Tikka's. Why don't you grow up, act your age, and just quit bitching about them. We all know how you feel. Noone cares any more. Notice how none of us that have owned p.o.s. Kimbers have schit on your Kimber thread? Because we are polite enough to stay away. You should try it too.

WAAAAA!

Probably because I never have made ridiculous statements like my Kimber of Oregon M84 makes custom rifles obsolete or redundant.
Only you T3 people make stupid ass statements like that.
I've never claimed my Kimber of Oregon M84 was the be all and end all of rifle accuracy.
I've never claimed that my Kimber of Oregon M84 was the best value in sporting rifles.
I've never started a thread where I slandered other rifles claiming my Kimber of Oregon M84 is better.
Only you T3 people do stupid ass stuff like that.

Feel free to comment all you want on any of my Kimber of Oregon M84 threads but be sure that you speak from experience with the Kimber of Oregon M84's because I speak from experience with the crappy POS T3.
You certainly won't hurt my feelings which is a lot more than I can say for you T3 people.
Talk about getting your panties in a wad!

Not directed at you JG, and I like you Drew.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 67 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,739
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.