Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Loved his TV characters but hated his politics. Especially when He endorsed Bev Perdue who turned out to be a [bleep] horrendous governor.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
rip loved his shows

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Do I remember, or did I hear correctly when I thought I used to hear Barn call Andy........Ang? crazy

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Anyone else remember a made-for-tv movie called "Pray for the Wildcats" where he was the leader of some bad guy desert dirt-bikers?

Yes, it is the only show that he played the bad guy that I know of. He was great at playing the bad guy.
You don't happen to know where I could get a copy it?

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
R.I.P., Andy. He was one of my favorites.

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Clint
Anyone else remember a made-for-tv movie called "Pray for the Wildcats" where he was the leader of some bad guy desert dirt-bikers?

Yes, it is the only show that he played the bad guy that I know of. He was great at playing the bad guy.

I'd be interested in seeing that flick myself. I've got to see Andy playing the bad dude. grin

His death is a big loss imo...and I don't give a schit what his politics were. He brought me alot of joy from that enchanted town called Mayberry, North Carolina.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I still find myself drawn to the old reruns. He was genuine and one of my favorites. RIP Andy!

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mayberry R.I.P.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by gunner500
Do I remember, or did I hear correctly when I thought I used to hear Barn call Andy........Ang? crazy

Gunner

That is what it sounded like to me....

Live so that it matters that you have lived at all....
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
First time I ever felt old-ish: It was annual review time and I was giving some performance feedback and counseling to a young (Gen-Y ???) scientist. I guess she was 25 or 26 or something. In the part regarding her relational skills, I said something like "Try to shoot for a little more Andy and a little less Barney." She had no idea what I was talking about...

Last edited by Pine_Tree; 07/03/12. Reason: spelling
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by EWY
Enjoyed his shows but not his politics. RIP.

Ernie

What Ernie says!

I got to thinking about that, him being a big Lib...

The whole premise of the show is Andy, the wise "adult" in a room full of retards and simpletons, being the "voice of wisdom and reason".

Isn't that a prototype of a Liberal mind set. Those folks think they have superior knowledge and must suffer fools (us) to get their wise, correct policy passed and enforced.

That just dawned on me, after hearing about his political leanings.

Sorta puts a different light on the whole scenario, watching his old shows.

DF

^ this

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Just looked, Fleabay has a copy on tape.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The Andy Griffith Show, (First Five Seasons) was some of the finest television ever filmed. There were lessons learned and laughs aplenty.

I didn't care for his politics, but I appreciate his contribution to television.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MHCT48
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

That is what it sounded like to me....

Yep. He called him Ange.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
We mourn the loss of a fellow human, who never claimed to be as smart or virtuous as Andy Taylor. He did help to tell a wonderful story about growing up in a place and time when a village pitched in to help rear a fine, functional human being. How many parables have you seen on TV lately? Mostly stupid human tricks anymore, with enough jiggle to insure ratings.

Everybody in Mayberry had their flaws, including the good sheriff. They say you can't go back, but I like to think that maybe Andy is a little closer to that mythical Mayberry now.

"It's what they know that's just not so", often attributed to Mark Twain but that's just not so either
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Andy Griffith marathon on TV land all day today. I've been watching it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I would say Andy played a bad guy as Larry "Lonesome" Rhodes in �A Face in the Crowd.�

I read "No Time for Sergeants" just before I joined the Air Force and saw the Broadway play my first Christmas in the Air Force; later the movie.

Bought the LP "What It Was, Was Football," I had to have that.

Going back to those days, if I had to boycott all the left wing singers and actors whose work I enjoyed, life would have been dull as dish water.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Has anybody ever noticed that not one Black person was ever on the Andy Griffith Show?

At least I can't think of one.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
1 brown guy in back row of a town meeting.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Rockne Tarkington was the only black guy to have a speaking role. He was Opie's piano-playing football hero.

Others appeared as extras in street scenes and meetings. The whole idea was to insulate Mayberry from social issues and unrest that made life "interesting" elsewhere.

"It's what they know that's just not so", often attributed to Mark Twain but that's just not so either
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 61 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,495
Posts18,509,103
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.