Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by KFWA

but you still won't address the main question - are we supposed to spend money we don't have on national defense?

and your response was basically to say that Washington is going to spend money we don't have anyways, so make it on defense. That's a cop out that avoids the question.

Yes or no - is there a limit to the debt we incur and the sacrifice we'll make in order to maintain a presence in the middle east and the world militarily?

btw, when Reagan was president the tax rate on the wealthy was hovering near 50% and we had arguably the largest military expansion per capita since WWII. He still couldn't do it without deficit spending. I'm not sure the taxation argument has any merit.

The reality is that 1 out of 2 people in this country are at the poverty level and we have 10K a day people retiring, many of which depend on Social Security to support them. The idea that we can change the culture of spending in Washington against a voting public depending on Washington spending isn't going to fly. The reason I throw that in is because to say we can continue to spend on military by diverting waste and entitlement spending isn't reality.

And HOW the government spends military money may be a debate but for every person who thinks we can't allow a nuclear Iran, they'll be another that tells us why we can't close the base in Korea, or Japan.

Clean up wasteful spending in the Military, which is my job. Meanwhile clean up wasteful spending in entitlement spending, unnecessary bureaucratic agencies and red tape. Deal with social security, medicare and Medicaid.

Deal with all the fluff that is not provided for informational the Constitution and then let's revisit this question. I'd bet money wouldn't be an issue at that point.

We're not going to deal with the fluff voting for a mainstream candidate. It just doesn't work that way. That "fluff" is what they have to promise to get elected.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Clean up wasteful spending in the Military, which is my job.

Yer a complete and utter failure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

but you still won't address the main question - are we supposed to spend money we don't have on national defense?

and your response was basically to say that Washington is going to spend money we don't have anyways, so make it on defense. That's a cop out that avoids the question.

Yes or no - is there a limit to the debt we incur and the sacrifice we'll make in order to maintain a presence in the middle east and the world militarily?

btw, when Reagan was president the tax rate on the wealthy was hovering near 50% and we had arguably the largest military expansion per capita since WWII. He still couldn't do it without deficit spending. I'm not sure the taxation argument has any merit.

The reality is that 1 out of 2 people in this country are at the poverty level and we have 10K a day people retiring, many of which depend on Social Security to support them. The idea that we can change the culture of spending in Washington against a voting public depending on Washington spending isn't going to fly. The reason I throw that in is because to say we can continue to spend on military by diverting waste and entitlement spending isn't reality.

And HOW the government spends military money may be a debate but for every person who thinks we can't allow a nuclear Iran, they'll be another that tells us why we can't close the base in Korea, or Japan.

Clean up wasteful spending in the Military, which is my job. Meanwhile clean up wasteful spending in entitlement spending, unnecessary bureaucratic agencies and red tape. Deal with social security, medicare and Medicaid.

Deal with all the fluff that is not provided for informational the Constitution and then let's revisit this question. I'd bet money wouldn't be an issue at that point.

We're not going to deal with the fluff voting for a mainstream candidate. It just doesn't work that way. That "fluff" is what they have to promise to get elected.

Hey, what do you know! Something we agree on!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Yeah, I am solely responsible for all that...

You're a complete and utter tool.

I do more in one hour than you have your entire life to reign in the travesty known as Washington, spare me the patronizing attitude.

Some people sit on the sidelines and whine, others do something about it.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

suck a glock...you pathetic moron

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sounds mysteriously like 'suck a kock'.

Yer a homo I reckon.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds mysteriously like 'suck a kock'.

Yer a homo I reckon.

Suck a sig if it makes you feel beter

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
we have a lot of folks on the forum that blindly hate Jews. I seriously doubt that a Jew ever did a damn thing to any of them.
Funny thing, is if you compare our Jew haters to Nazis, they get all incensed.
I wonder how many of our TRHs, Derby Dudes, Bristoes, RKamps and the like would enjoy working the concentration camp jobs.

That's as about worn out as the race card.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,..any discussion about America's involvement with Israel which expresses anything less than glowing adulation brings out that tired old nonsense from a few people,....some of them with an agenda,...some who are ignorant enough to parrot those with an agenda.

It's always been contrived and it's so flagrantly off base today that it seriously brings into question the integrity (or possibly the intelligence) of anyone who engages in the hyperbole.

One has to take them on a case by case basis to determine if dishonesty or ignorance is being demonstrated,...and often it's a combination of the two.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by stevelyn
we have a lot of folks on the forum that blindly hate Jews. I seriously doubt that a Jew ever did a damn thing to any of them.
I wonder how many of our TRHs, Derby Dudes, Bristoes, RKamps and the like would enjoy working the concentration camp jobs.

Unbelievable, isn't it?

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Yeah,..any discussion about America's involvement with Israel which expresses anything less than glowing adulation brings out that tired old nonsense from a few people,....some of them with an agenda,...some who are ignorant enough to parrot those with an agenda.

It's always been contrived and it's so flagrantly off base today that it seriously brings into question the integrity (or possibly the intelligence) of anyone who engages in the hyperbole.

One has to take them on a case by case basis to determine if dishonesty or ignorance is being demonstrated.
Someone once aptly observed that the functional definition of an antisemite has become "Someone who is hated by Jews."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Joseph Sobran.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Joseph Sobran.
Yep. Both he and Pat Buchanan got themselves booted from National Review for being inadequately obsequious on the subject of Isreal.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn

the flipside to that is none of them, nor any American for that matter, ever did anything to Israel or Jews, yet it is America that continues to pay for the collective guilt of the holocaust. That's why someone like Mannlicher can throw out some Nazi statement and for some people they back down. Because if you question something about Israel - as in why its America that has to bear the brunt regarding the true cost of Israel's existence in the world, then obviously you're a Nazi.

I gave up long ago caring what label some pinhead uses to try to keep me quiet on a subject where I express no bias or hatred. Throwing out labels is a weak attempt to squelch the basis of the argument. It can't be good for them if too many people start questioning why we have a one sided alliance that costs us American lives and money with Israel.

I don't start discussions talking about a dislike for the Jews, my discussions have always been focused on Americas biased and unequal support for a nation.

If a person can't separate the two, that isn't a concern of mine, nor will it ever slow me down in my opinion on it.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/01/12.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Who ya gonna believe; the CIA or Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollahs?
From the article: "The collective decision of 16 U.S. intelligence agencies in 2007 � that Iran is not pursuing a nuclear weapon � reportedly reaffirmed in 2011 � has never been rescinded. Nor has the White House produced any hard evidence Iran is building a bomb."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Who ya gonna believe; the CIA or Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollahs?
From the article: "The collective decision of 16 U.S. intelligence agencies in 2007 – that Iran is not pursuing a nuclear weapon – reportedly reaffirmed in 2011 – has never been rescinded. Nor has the White House produced any hard evidence Iran is building a bomb."

We need a Holy Crusade and it looks like Iran is it. Facts be damned!

Never forget we are doing God�s work here!!!!!

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"Who ya gonna believe; the CIA or Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollahs? "

neither

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Karnis
TRH you are a pig for questioning HAJ's honor. GFY.
His posts make it clear he has none, and for defending his tactics, neither do you.

You know, Hawk, a lot of people here put up with you despite your bat-schit craziness because most of the time you're polite about it.

But sometimes that slips. Impugning HAJ's honor - when he has shown extraordinary patience with you and spent hours going back and forth with you over your craziness - is one of those slips. And a pretty shabby one, too.

When you cross over the line like that, you open yourself up to all sorts of uncomfortable comments about your own life that you probably don't appreciate.

Like the fact that you walked away from a career in law enforcement out of a failure of nerve. Walked away from a career in law because you didn't have what it took to pass the bar exam. And walked away from a career in clinical psychology, no doubt from a similar lack of courage.

So now, here you are, working as a school teacher because it's about the only profession you could find where you can be confident you won't be fired for incompetence and nobody in your administration expects a whole lot from you, sniping at people who actually do some pretty significant things for a living, secure in the knowledge that you will never, ever be forced to make eye contact with any of them.

It never fails. You make nice for a few weeks, but then you just can't help dropping your pants and making a total douche of yourself. You're not the only douche on the fire, but the fact that you're among the most intelligent and well educated of them just makes you that much worse.

Azz-wipe.

Tim,

This post is an act of desperation. You cannot refute The_Real_Hawkeye's posts; therefore, your only alternative was to viciously attack his character. In doing so you stooped to deep chasms in which only the slimy dive. You have become the enemy against whom you rail.

R

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
"Who ya gonna believe; the CIA or Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollahs? "

neither

None of the above!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raisuli
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Karnis
TRH you are a pig for questioning HAJ's honor. GFY.
His posts make it clear he has none, and for defending his tactics, neither do you.

You know, Hawk, a lot of people here put up with you despite your bat-schit craziness because most of the time you're polite about it.

But sometimes that slips. Impugning HAJ's honor - when he has shown extraordinary patience with you and spent hours going back and forth with you over your craziness - is one of those slips. And a pretty shabby one, too.

When you cross over the line like that, you open yourself up to all sorts of uncomfortable comments about your own life that you probably don't appreciate.

Like the fact that you walked away from a career in law enforcement out of a failure of nerve. Walked away from a career in law because you didn't have what it took to pass the bar exam. And walked away from a career in clinical psychology, no doubt from a similar lack of courage.

So now, here you are, working as a school teacher because it's about the only profession you could find where you can be confident you won't be fired for incompetence and nobody in your administration expects a whole lot from you, sniping at people who actually do some pretty significant things for a living, secure in the knowledge that you will never, ever be forced to make eye contact with any of them.

It never fails. You make nice for a few weeks, but then you just can't help dropping your pants and making a total douche of yourself. You're not the only douche on the fire, but the fact that you're among the most intelligent and well educated of them just makes you that much worse.

Azz-wipe.

Tim,

This post is an act of desperation. You cannot refute The_Real_Hawkeye's posts; therefore, your only alternative was to viciously attack his character. In doing so you stooped to deep chasms in which only the slimy dive. You have become the enemy against whom you rail.

R

Wrong Tim! Whew!!!! eek

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 2UP, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,984
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.