Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by KFWA

but you still won't address the main question - are we supposed to spend money we don't have on national defense?

and your response was basically to say that Washington is going to spend money we don't have anyways, so make it on defense. That's a cop out that avoids the question.

Yes or no - is there a limit to the debt we incur and the sacrifice we'll make in order to maintain a presence in the middle east and the world militarily?

btw, when Reagan was president the tax rate on the wealthy was hovering near 50% and we had arguably the largest military expansion per capita since WWII. He still couldn't do it without deficit spending. I'm not sure the taxation argument has any merit.

The reality is that 1 out of 2 people in this country are at the poverty level and we have 10K a day people retiring, many of which depend on Social Security to support them. The idea that we can change the culture of spending in Washington against a voting public depending on Washington spending isn't going to fly. The reason I throw that in is because to say we can continue to spend on military by diverting waste and entitlement spending isn't reality.

And HOW the government spends military money may be a debate but for every person who thinks we can't allow a nuclear Iran, they'll be another that tells us why we can't close the base in Korea, or Japan.

Clean up wasteful spending in the Military, which is my job. Meanwhile clean up wasteful spending in entitlement spending, unnecessary bureaucratic agencies and red tape. Deal with social security, medicare and Medicaid.

Deal with all the fluff that is not provided for informational the Constitution and then let's revisit this question. I'd bet money wouldn't be an issue at that point.

We're not going to deal with the fluff voting for a mainstream candidate. It just doesn't work that way. That "fluff" is what they have to promise to get elected.

Hey, what do you know! Something we agree on!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.