Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Who ya gonna believe; the CIA or Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollahs?
From the article: "The collective decision of 16 U.S. intelligence agencies in 2007 � that Iran is not pursuing a nuclear weapon � reportedly reaffirmed in 2011 � has never been rescinded. Nor has the White House produced any hard evidence Iran is building a bomb."

I appreciate you backing up your opinion with something besides just opinion.
So many on here do not do so.
When it happens, it forces me to do my own homework.

Looks like several have done a lot of homework in response to your quote.

Here FWIW, is my take:

Those no-nukes stories made the rounds early this year. Obama people and the MSM made sure of that.

However�
�American intelligence agencies have cited a 2007 assessment stating that Iran, in fact, suspended research on nuclear weapons technology in 2003 and had not decided to take the final steps needed to build a bomb.
But Britain and Israel in particular, have interpreted the same data to mean that a decision has been made to move to a nuclear weapons capability� NYT July 13, 2012

So now my question becomes: Obama or Israel?

Seems they do not have the same agenda. ^insert sarcasm here^

Number one. Those early assessments also say that Iran has preserved the weaponization ability for a nuke. And there is that new pesky development about the joint Iran/N. Korea program to build long-range ICBMs.
Using them to deliver conventional weapons �with a CEP of at least 100 meters is a dumb, dumb idea.�

Number two. Even back in March, David Cameron cautioned that Iran was seeking to build inter-continental missiles as he asked for time for the sanctions to work.

Number three. Recent reports by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) state that Iran has Iran had tripled its rate of production of 20%-enriched uranium.

Once you have enough fissile material and a brand spanking new ICBM or someone eager to buy a suitcase bomb from you�

Number four. On July 13, 2012 the NYT published this:
British Spymaster Says Iran Is 2 Years From Nuclear Bomb Capability
By ALAN COWELL
In an unusually public forum, the head of Britain�s foreign intelligence agency, MI6, has forecast that Iran would likely achieve a nuclear weapons capability within two years, a British newspaper reported Friday.

The newspaper, The Daily Telegraph, quoted Sir John Sawers, once the ranking British diplomat on the Iranian nuclear issue and now head of the Secret Intelligence Service, as making the disclosure last week to a gathering of around 100 high-ranking civil servants.
The reported remarks play into a highly contentious debate over Iran�s intentions and capabilities, in which estimates have varied widely.

Number five. The Israelis agree and just recently briefed the Chinese with a tough detailed overview of their latest intelligence information.

Who ya gonna believe; Obama and his tacit support of his Moslem friends or those who support Israel.

Both sides have their own agenda, which brings up�

Number six.
Iran refusal to co-operated with any inspections speaks volumes.
Loud volumes�almost a no-brainer as to whom to trust.

�Iran had not co-operated with an inspection visit last month, refusing access to a sensitive military site known as Parchin.
Iran is thought to have already developed a ballistic missile which can travel approximately 1,200 miles. The International Atomic Energy Agency has asked Iran to explain evidence that it once worked on a missile payload design that could be used to deliver a nuclear warhead.�

And Number seven.
Obama and his supporters along with Ron Paul and his supporters should really address the issue of the down side of what if they are wrong.

What if�