Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Romneys tax return for one year is 500 pages long...Id say hes got loopholes!
During the debates he said capitol gains should be 10%....
Again Paul Ryan whats fair for Mitt to pay?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ryan was one of 4 who voted against a balanced budget amendment; this is going to bite him in the azz.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Romney's income is mostly capital gains, which aren't taxed at the same rates. Your capital gains, if you have any, are taxed at exactly the same rate as Mitt's.

kraky wants the government to micromanage individual businesses even more than they do now, apparently.

That's why Mitt does not want to release his tax returns. Most people won't understand the difference between income and capital gains. The dems will hammer on the percentage rate.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RISJR

What is the 'Ryan plan'? Budget proposal back in spotlight with VP announcement
Published August 11, 2012
FoxNews.com

With Rep. Paul Ryan selected as Mitt Romney's running mate, voters will be hearing a lot about the so-called "Ryan" plan.

So what is it?

Though each party has strong feelings about what Ryan's controversial budget proposal entails, here are a few highlights. Just the facts:

The latest full-scale version of the plan, unveiled in March, vows to cut spending by $5 trillion over the next decade, compared against President Obama's plan.

The plan would, a decade from now, give seniors the option of taking a government payment to purchase health insurance. That payment could be used to buy a private insurance plan, or go toward the traditional Medicare plan. The plan calls for extra assistance to help low-income beneficiaries and those with "greater health risks."

The plan would overhaul Medicaid by turning it into a block grant system for states.

The plan would cut the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 25 percent. It would implement two individual income tax brackets -- 10 percent and 25 percent.

The plan would head off the scheduled automatic defense cuts, first by diverting the planned $55 million defense cut in 2013 by implementing those cuts elsewhere.

The plan vows to bring the size of government to 20 percent of GDP by 2015

Any of the tax loopholes eliminated?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The reads Ive seen say about half of Romneys income is capitol gains. There is bad news in those returns via aggressive deductions and that is why he doesnt want to release. They know multiple agressive deductions and putting you money out of country WILL NOT go over with the average tax payer. Especially when you have gone on record wanting them lowered more.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kraky111

for you commies, a loophole is anything that the government doesn't steal

you guys just hate people who make more money than you do, and want the government to steal it from them to even it up, and compensate for your inadequacies. it won't help....and the money won't ever make it down to you anyway.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Never said i hated the rich or Romney...Im very comfortable in my own skin and Im not a commie either. No one should screw the country whether they are a welfare cheat OR a tax cheat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a reason why there's 70,000 pages of tax code and it ain't for the little guy's benefit.

Please ... tell me where I'm wrong in this line of thought.

FWIW, I do not favor an across the board tax increase on wealthy Americans. I rather see real tax reform in all areas.

I've come to the conclusion that there will never be any tax income tax changes that will be consider "fair". If you could get just one half of voters behind any plan you'd be doing good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is hoping you don't take a deduction for interest paid on a home loan. They can close that loophole anytime.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

for you commies, a loophole is anything that the government doesn't steal

you guys just hate people who make more money than you do, and want the government to steal it from them to even it up, and compensate for your inadequacies. it won't help....and the money won't ever make it down to you anyway.

Your commie reply is really wearing thin these days. Every time tax inequities are brought out you fall on that martyr's sword. The tax system has working folks giving over more of their money than the wealthy by a simple classification of income. Bring in loopholes and ya got individuals and corporations establishing offshore shell ownership by trademarks and property rights for no other reason than to pay no tax at all. When that gets flushed out then you can call something a plan.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
And will if they get enough commies and mental midgets to support it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Its pretty simple...if you are gonna tell the American people you want to run their country and some of you are gonna pay 25%.....you better not be making $21,000,000 and tell them you should be paying 10-15%.
Thats a REAL TOUGH ARGUMENT TO WIN!
Maybe it can be done....but wow Im dieing to see how.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it's an insidious game our tax code, and I think both sides of the aisle have had a hand in it.

It's freakin bullchit and we just stand here and swallow it like all the other bullchit those thieving bastids in DC do.

I like the 10 and 25 plan, hell I'd even offer the olive branch and accept Obama's 250K rich guy threshold. Just to see something positive happen towards reducing our debt and deficit spending. Face it a true 25% absent loopholes would have most Sub S and LLC's paying a higher tax than they do currently.

but it should be a true 10% for everyone that receives a check and another poster was correct, if they get rid of mortgage interest deduction a lot of those 10%'ers are gonna squeal!

I also like the idea if you're gonna give tax breaks it should be for how many folks you have on payroll.

but figure on politics as usual, that's how we got in this mess, both sides afraid to do anything the other side proposes that might actually do our country some good.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Its pretty simple...if you are gonna tell the American people you want to run their country and some of you are gonna pay 25%.....you better not be making $21,000,000 and tell them you should be paying 10-15%.
Our forefathers died financing a revolution and a free country to pay much less, and developed the richest country in the worlds history in the process, and the richest poor on the earth.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm for the Fair Tax.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Queers and commies aren't.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by eyeball
Our forefathers died financing a revolution and a free country to pay much less, and developed the richest country in the worlds history in the process, and the richest poor on the earth.

Yep a bunch of those freedom fighting forefathers were slave owners. Ironic ain't it. Not much difference in principle with the wealthy today.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Yep a bunch of those freedom fighting forefathers were slave owners. Ironic ain't it. Not much difference in principle with the wealthy today.

Must be tough in your world--where everyone and everything with any flaw is valueless.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Must be tough in your world--where everyone and everything with any flaw is valueless.

BMT

I know GREED is no VIRTUE! Look up the def. for virtue.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Its good to know that you are perfect, I will just do what you tell me to.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1badf350, 1234, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 66 invisible), 15,963 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,788
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.