Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Rex...please tell me how you think one making 500K a year doesn't pay taxes. I mean,really man...I'm dying to read your evidence behind that HS.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raisuli

Ryan's budget plan doesn't mean chit. As VP, assuming Romney can pull it off, which is a huge assumption, his boss will submit his budget to congress for funding, not Ryan.

Ryan's budget is already Romney's platform, dumbass.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You might not have directly said that but you were inferring it.

When you strip away all your rhetoric, what you're really saying is you want us lowly people to pay more and for you and the rest of the top 1% to pay less.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
all this "fair share" horseshit would be a lot easier to swallow if the top earners weren't already pulling the wagon for everybody else. Top one percent pay 37%, top five percent pay 59% of all personal income tax. So it would be nice if the other 95% at least had the decency to say thanks for covering my bills instead of whining for more.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
No,I want all to participate. Why should I contribute my money to the pockets of the 40+% of the country who don't contribute to the Federal tax system?

I still await any factual evidence of your positions,especially the 500K vs 90K wage earners.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by rrroae
So the way it sounds, everyone needs to make sacrifices except the top 1% who will not need to sacrifice anything and in fact will get to keep more money.

....yeah, that plan will fly.

I knew wealthy people, they should keep all their money. Have you, or anyone you know, ever made a $2.4 million donation to fund a children's hospital? How about being a major contributor to every hospital in a major city. How about a friend of the person I knew that made a $32 million dollar donation to build a completely new hospital as a memorial to her late husband? Have you funded scholarships? Have you or anyone you know funded the arts, symphony halls, performing arts centers and museums? Endowed parks acquisitions, established foundations for medical research, established annuities for long term employees, paid for medical care of employees and their families faced with catastrophic illness? If not you are part of the problem. That individual employed over 40 full time positions on just one of her estates, with others being employed on ranches, farms and in her property management firm, how many do you employ? Don't sit around criticizing the wealthy, it was your responsibility to make something of your life so you too could contribute to society. Better the wealthy have the money to practice philanthropy than the government waste resources buying favors and reaping kickbacks. Just where did all that Solyndra money go?

End of rant.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 08/12/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RISJR
Rex...please tell me how you think one making 500K a year doesn't pay taxes. I mean,really man...I'm dying to read your evidence behind that HS.

Under Romney/Ryan's plan, are you going to pay more or less?

Under that plan, what do the rest of us get?

I want to keep my money just as much as you do whether it's in tax breaks today or in future benefits from SS/Medicare. If I need to make sacrifices, so do you.

Once the budget and economy is in better shape, I would be more than willing to support a more equitable income tax plan.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The top 0.001% are the ones who have their wealth shielded from income tax by such things as incorporating it and sheltering it in tax-exempt foundations. Regarding the latter, take a gander at a copy of the Dodd Report of the 1950s.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.... Why should I contribute my money to the pockets of the 40+% of the country who don't contribute to the Federal tax system?

I don't think you should but I sure as hell don't want that burden falling on me and if taxes are cut for the top 1%, that revenue is going to be made up somewhere.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One first step would be to start taxing the retained income of foundations with assets over half a billion dollars or so....which would be particularly sweet since they are such big supporters of commie causes. Think Ford, Pew, Rockefeller, the Harvard endowment......now there's a tax increase we can all get behind.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Ryan's budget plan doesn't mean chit. As VP, assuming Romney can pull it off, which is a huge assumption, his boss will submit his budget to congress for funding, not Ryan.

Romney has stated from day one that he supports and wants the Ryan plan. Most Republicans do.

The point behind the OP is merely to get the facts out there and clear as there will be lie after lie by the opposition about the Ryan plan.

Most clearly seen by the recent ad showing grandma getting wheeled off of a cliff.

Baby Huey,

How in God's name do you know what Romney really supports? You don't. You do have priors for making stuff up.

How do you what what "the facts" are? You don't. You just make stuff up.

You need to have your neocon v-card yanked. You ought not be allowed to vote.

Well, Romney has stated from day one that he wants the Ryan plan. That's a matter of public record and a...... gasp!........ fact!

A liar like yourself trying to accuse somebody else of making things up is hilarious. Back it up! Find one post where I am just making things up.

Again the fake liberty lover calling for the removal of others liberties! That sounds exactly like a liberal to me...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
One first step would be to start taxing the retained income of foundations with assets over half a billion dollars or so....which would be particularly sweet since they are such big supporters of commie causes. Think Ford, Pew, Rockefeller, the Harvard endowment......now there's a tax increase we can all get behind.
+1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
.... Why should I contribute my money to the pockets of the 40+% of the country who don't contribute to the Federal tax system?

I don't think you should but I sure as hell don't want that burden falling on me and if taxes are cut for the top 1%, that revenue is going to be made up somewhere.

It doesn't have to be made up. First, tax cuts, especially for the wealthy, stimulate investment and increase tax revenue. Second, if revenues fall, then government should shrink accordingly. The government is a poor investment for future economic growth. The wealthy drive the economy out of self-interest, provide an expanding employment base and create wealth and prosperity across the board.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I

=================

You're in real estate sales and enjoy extraordinary tax deductions. Assuming you make 150K or less,tell me again how you'd be paying more under Ryan's plan.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Personally, I'd rather see us cut the Dept of Ed., Homeland Security, TSA, all foreign aid and Congressional pensions to get a tax cut rather than finding someone else we can tax.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Doesn't matter. The way the libs have us going, no one will be getting anything other than the govt. aristocracy behind the financial collapse they have designed for us, aided by well meaning stupid libs who are too dumb to realize that overspending by more than a trillion a year won't last long. When it all comes tumbling down and martial law prevails to reduce the population the dumb [bleep] will still be wondering why we don't just tax the rich and Exxon a little more to pay off the debt and keep the party going.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Personally, I'd rather see us cut the Dept of Ed., Homeland Security, TSA, all foreign aid and Congressional pensions to get a tax cut rather than finding someone else we can tax.
+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You're in real estate sales and enjoy extraordinary tax deductions. Assuming you make 150K or less,tell me again how you'd be paying more under Ryan's plan.

Color me skeptical but I really don't believe this fairy tell that everyone will pay less and we'll magically balance the budget.

The burden is going to fall somewhere and it sure as hell can't be made up by the lower tier who don't make very much to begin with. That pretty much leaves me and the rest of the middle income folks who actually pay taxes.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
That isn't a answer to my question,at all. You would benefit far much moreso than I would,depending upon the full extent of loopholes,investment benefits etc. on the chopping block.

I'd like a honest answer to my question,which I know you'll provide if you feel comfortable answering...in general terms.

Your own profession and the benefits you reap belie your own positions asserted here this morning.

Last edited by RISJR; 08/12/12.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eyeball
Doesn't matter. The way the libs have us going, no one will be getting anything other than the govt. aristocracy behind the financial collapse they have designed for us, aided by well meaning stupid libs who are too dumb to realize that overspending by more than a trillion a year won't last long. When it all comes tumbling down and martial law prevails to reduce the population the dumb [bleep] will still be wondering why we don't just tax the rich and Exxon a little more to pay off the debt and keep the party going.

Lest you forgot, the GOP spends at about the same clip as the libs and under Bush the federal government grew by the largest percentage since FDR.

If the libs plan is to destroy us from within, the GOP ain't far behind.

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 1,726 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,099
Posts18,522,287
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.