Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, only 87% voted BHO the last go. Fugem. It's stupid to think they would do that again, isn't it? confused crazy

Last edited by eyeball; 08/11/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
Yea, only 87% voted BHO the last go. Fugem. It's stupid to think they would do that again, isn't it? confused crazy

it was 67% last time and will be substantially less this time.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ok, good to hear that and thanks Steve.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
...PS, all the Cubans, Mexicans and Central Americans I know are voting Republican, regardless of who the veep nominee is.

Nice little cross cultural/generational GOP rino sprouts in the offing...

Forward men, reward that mediocrity!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
blow me, you commie creep

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
May want to consider hanging that offer on someone in a comforting row of of rino lemmings - - hispanic or not.

Don't underestimate the power of validation.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
it is just so insulting to assume that people from cultures as different as Spain, the spanish speaking Caribbean, Mexico, central America, and South America....just because they or their parents or grandparents spoke Spanish at some point are....

a b c d

Never said a,b,c or d. You are simplifying and mischaracterizing an argument. I've noticed that this is what you do when you are wrong, step two when this happens is to start calling me a "Liberal", just watch wink

And your thesis here is the term "Hispanic" is an essentially meaningless one.

FWIW we got a whole bunch of "Rubios" (pronounced "Rroobioh" of course wink ) in Texas, if you dont think name recognition and perceived cultural identity mean anything, then clearly you aint ever sat in a voting booth looking at a whole list of names running for everything from President all the way down to Dogcatcher.

But here's the deal; a while ago you were posting that Romney was gonna blow Obama out of the water. I dont think thats true. Even Florida could be a swing state.

ANYTHING that energizes people to get out and vote could be critical.

Romney, whatever his vaunted management skills may be, comes across like Thurston Howell III from Gilligan's Island. The guy and his wife come across as White with a capital "W", country club all the way. Doesn't matter what the facts are, elections are the art of managing perception.

Romney has just handed the Democrats the title of "non-WASP" party all over again.

If I were the Republicans I would be falling all over Texas Mexicans. See, contrary to the beliefs of some of the mouthbreathers here, these people are 100% American. Baseball, hotdogs and apple pie all the way, with a Latino twist.

I call 'em Brown-dog Democrats, just like Yellow-dog Democrats did, a lot of 'em vote that party because they and theirs always have.

What they ARE rapidly becoming is THE most critical voting block in America. Without Texas, we're screwed, done.

It has been said that a Ronald Reagan could never have even begun his political career in the California of today. Ya dont gotta be a rocket scientist to see Texas going the same way.

So ya, the last thing we needed at this point was another lilly-White ticket, both for this election and for the next.

Rubio could have made all the exact same arguments Ryan will, and been in the exact same debates. I predict a significant number of Texas Hispanics will just sit this election out, not vote at all.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
BW, I fear that we are only too correct, and for a pittance of what the RNC is paying it's think tank brains, we could have saved them another election.

I think their mistake is severe enough to warrant the consideration they only want a job, and not a win in Nov. Believe me, I am not the only one considering this and is a reason many think either party is leading us to the proverbial cliff.

Last edited by eyeball; 08/12/12.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I just can't see how Rubio wouldn't have put Florida and Arizona solidly in the Republican camp, and possibly Colorado.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, the DEMOCRATS at least have been listening to Buchanan, 'Bammy hisself alluded to Texas becoming a swing state last time he was here.

This here is the present Mayor of San Antonio; Julian Castro, Democrat.

[Linked Image]

Local kid, from the South Side, but NOT a typical one.

You can draw a LOT of parallels between him and Obama. Like Obama, the Castro twins (the other one currently holds office in the Texas House IIRC) did not have a father growing up.

Like Obama, Julian Castro has carefully downplayed his radical roots. Rosie Castro, his mom, was an unmarried mother and Seventies practitioner of race-based politics, being a leader in the Raza Unida party at the time.

Like Obama, Castro is a graduate of Harvard Law School.

Since he took office, his most notable achievement has been to revive racial politics by having a fine old historic street downtown renamed after Caesar Chavez (who yer average Tex-Mexican could GAS about).

Guess who is going to be the keynote speaker at the 2012 Democratic National Convention?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/31/democrats-julian-castro-keynote-address

Democrats pick San Antonio mayor Julian Castro to give keynote address

Castro becomes first Hispanic to give the address in move seen as part of Obama's campaign to bring more Latinos into fold

The DNC, looking to the future, clearly has a jones on for Tex-Mexicans, even as the RNC ignores the issue.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by Raisuli

Absolutely! A VP is an empty suit.

Tell that to Cheney.

That's because Cheney was the brains behind the operation.
He never had problems eating pretzels and watching TV

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The Mexican vote in Texas is just a passing fad. wink After the libs run us to ruin there will be no voting.

Last edited by eyeball; 08/12/12.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
There will likely be no Hispanics as it will become more prosperous for them to go back to their home country.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
har, har, har, Bob. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There will likely be no Hispanics as it will become more prosperous for them to go back to their home country.

The thing is of course, for the ten million and growing Tex-Mexicans, the United States IS their home country, has been for generations.

Birdwatcher

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bird, I wasn't responding specifically to you, but those four points obviously underly your argument, and they are classic demo speak/group identity politics analysis. doesn't mean you're a lib, it means you're analyzing people in herds, by their supposed dominant interest group, rather than as individuals.

If I'm Jose Lopez, a Dallas resident and concrete finisher, and third generation American....do I vote like a Dallas resident, a Rangers fan, a member of a construction trade, a Catholic, or a Mexican? do I vote for the person I think will boost the economy, or the one who will help illegal aliens compete with me?

It is silly and simplistic to think a Spanish sounding name makes voters peculiarly stupid or subject to childish influences, or a monolith like blacks are. McCain got a third of the "hispanic" vote, and despite his "dreamin'", Obama has done less than zero for the economy in which all Americans live, and particularly those on the bottom rungs and those in the construction and oil and gas trades.

To think that the name of Rubio has some magic that will convert left wing Mexican voters to Republicans is just not realistic, and conservatives don't need another reason to vote against Obama. Rubio has issues of his own which would have distracted from the theme of economic contrasts.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

The thing is of course, for the ten million and growing Tex-Mexicans, the United States IS their home country, has been for generations.

Birdwatcher

If this is there country then why do must of them say that when they retire they are going back to THERE country to live. If this were THERE country they would say it was THERE country. They only use the United States of America to leach off of until it is time for them to leave. They bad mouth OUR country constantly and I do know this because I work with a bunch of them third and fourth generation in this country and all they talk about is going back to THERE country and I have been invited to join some of them in THERE country it makes me sick on how they take advantage of the system here.

Last edited by funshooter; 08/12/12.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think pandering really impresses people that much.....Castro is another pretty boy empty suit like Obama, different shade.

Texas is a generation, at least, from turning blue. McCain, who was not particularly popular in Texas, beat Obama by nearly a million votes, you may recall.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Steve, around here, Hispanics making good money in the oil field and working with large US companies will probably vote republican. Most hispanics are as you portrayed and I figure 90% of them will vote dimocrat. They are often paid in cash and get the food stamps and other govt. benefits and that is the norm. Often they live in nice house and drive a F-250. Their wife draws welfare on the kids and hubby disappears from home for a week or two when welfare notifies her to send him away as they are coming to check things out. I have patients who work for the govt agencies admit this to me. I see the kids on welfare on a yearly basis and they wear nice clothes, Nikes, and I phones. It is rare for any of them to pay for ANY (from before birth until grown) medical expenses as living on welfare is a way of life.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, we see the same thing here.....Mexican women and chirren shopping with LaPurchase or Lone Star food stamp cards in stores in New Orleans, well dressed and driving nice trucks. Husbands working construction.

Fortunately, most aren't citizens, and La. has an ID requirement to vote. Plus, Obama will lose this state by 25 points anyway. wink

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 1234, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,710 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,793
Posts18,536,406
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.