Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
6mm250 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
and why are they trying to outlaw them in Kalifornia ?
I see where it is a magazine release that you have to have a small pointy object to operate , but why not use the reguler mag release. What am I missing here ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cal's AWB has a loophole that allows banned AR's to be legal with "bullet button" mag releases.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bullet Buttons are just one device we use to alter Semi auto firearms to meet CA's Tyranical firearms laws, this bill will effectivley ban repeating rifles in CA, or start an armed insurection.

Fight it with us

http://www.calguns.net/249/

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

6mm250 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
this bill will effectivley ban repeating rifles in CA

Fight it with us

Are you saying that the bill will effectivly ban ANY repeating rifle ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
ANY rifle with a removable magazine would be banned. Bolt action, Mini 14's, etc. It will make ownership illegal, with no grandfather clause. You would not be compensated for turning in the firearms.

Stop SB249

(1) For the purposes of this section, �detachable magazine� means any ammunition feeding device that can be readily removed from the firearm without disassembly of the firearm action. �Detachable magazine� includes a magazine that may be detached from the firearm by merely depressing a button on the firearm either with the finger or by use of a tool or a bullet.

SEC. 3. No reimbursement is required by this act pursuant to Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution because the only costs that may be incurred by a local agency or school district will be incurred because this act creates a new crime or infraction, eliminates a crime or infraction, or changes the penalty for a crime or infraction, within the meaning of Section 17556 of the Government Code, or changes the definition of a crime within the meaning of Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution.�

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
this bill will effectivley ban repeating rifles in CA

Fight it with us

Are you saying that the bill will effectivly ban ANY repeating rifle ?

Mike

That's about it. Here is the official bill, writtten by a rabid anti-gunner, an extremely left wing Assemblyman named Yee.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: On August 7 SB 249 was amended

to include, among other things, the following definition of a detachable magazine as it relates to assault weapons:

SB 249, as amended, Yee. Firearms: assault weapon conversion kits. Assault weapons.

Existing law defines a firearm as an assault weapon, in part, based upon whether it has a detachable magazine. This bill would define "detachable magazine" for this purpose to mean any ammunition feeding device that can be removed from the firearm without disassembly of the firearm action, and to include a magazine that may be detached from the firearm by depressing a button on the firearm either with the finger or by use of a tool or a bullet. The bill would declare that these amendments are declaratory of existing law, would direct the Attorney General to adopt regulations, and would make these amendments operative July 1, 2013.

The Appropriations Committee hearing will focus on whether there is a substantial expenditure of state money or a substantial loss of revenue to the state if SB 249 is passed. SB 249 could shut down the sale of hundreds of thousands of semi-automatic firearms in California and result in the closure of firearms businesses, loss of jobs, and loss of tax revenue. This equates to a loss of millions to the state.

The author of SB 249 is attempting to make it illegal to sell and or possess commonly used semi-automatic firearms that, for example, have features such as a flash suppressor or a pistol grip that protrudes beneath the action. There are hundreds of thousands of California residents who legally own semi-automatic firearms equipped with bullet buttons who will be negatively impacted by SB 249. SB 249 does not allow for legal possession of firearms that have bullet buttons installed in compliance with current DOJ regulations.

The object of the communistnazis of the Calif. Legislature is to eventually ban ALL firearms in Calif., for the worker peasants.

L.W.(Life Member, Calif. Rifle and Pistol Assoc.)

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I feel sorry for you guys that live in the chit hole.

Best thing you can do is give it back to Mexico.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My Remington 788 bolt, in .308 Win, has a detachable magazine that is released with a button. It will be banned.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those guy sdown there are NUTZ! I feel sorry for you all as well. A legal challenge would likely be succcessful, but costly and that they even think of stuff like this, it is bad in a big way.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
So is this where we tell them to come and try to take them or is this another situation where, we roll over because it isn't all of our guns?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I feel sorry for you guys that live in the chit hole.

Best thing you can do is give it back to Mexico.

Best thing you can do is help us fight this.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Before we say Molon labe, I see demonstrations and sit-ins. If people who enjoy our constitutional freedoms picked a day, I can picture a sit in at every government office in the state. From capitols to city halls, a day of peaceful protest against government tyranny. No guns. No violence. If a man can take his clothes off to the TSA in protest, we have every right to a sit in. I'd take a vacation day to do that.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
The day they come to take my guns from me here will be the day I die.
I will not give them up peacefully.
I have said for a long time that I will be a victim of our government before I am a victim of any gang banger and it looks as if it will be soon

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would possibly take the time to travle down and do a sit in with my brothers and sisters in Calif.

I was born there and lived there until I had enough of it all and left in '93.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
We can use all the help we can get to defeat this bill. If we don't beat it here, yall can rest assured it will spread.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think I know the answer but has the NRA stepped up?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Plinker,

not the way I read the bill. as lonewolf posted, theis change is to close the existing "loophole" that allows rifles to have bullet releases instead of finger operated releases , on assault rifles.

I do not read it to apply to non-semiautomatic rifles, do you?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Plinker,

not the way I read the bill. as lonewolf posted, theis change is to close the existing "loophole" that allows rifles to have bullet releases instead of finger operated releases , on assault rifles.

I do not read it to apply to non-semiautomatic rifles, do you?

Sycamore

Why is that better? Why would that be okay?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's not a question of what is better, it is a question of understanding what the proposed law actually says.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 28 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,191
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.