Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GeoW
Think I know the answer but has the NRA stepped up?

...is chris cox in the forums yet? grin
I would have thought the nra would be all over this issue

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If this bill passes some companies are going to make lots of money converting existing guns to be belt feed. Here's an example of an AR-15. It just needs a couple of screws added to prevent an easy conversion back to magazine feed. What will be interesting to see will be a belt fed bolt action rifle.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=_UIyKgSUQSM[/video]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I feel sorry for you guys that live in the chit hole.

Best thing you can do is give it back to Mexico.

Give it back? They already took it back when the population of Mexico slithered in.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Plinker
My Remington 788 bolt, in .308 Win, has a detachable magazine that is released with a button. It will be banned.

[Linked Image]

This is incorrect. SB 249 only covers semiautomatic firearms already regulated as assault weapons. Bolt actions, semiautomatics such as the Ruger Mini Thirty and 14 are not covered.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by MacLorry
If this bill passes some companies are going to make lots of money converting existing guns to be belt feed. Here's an example of an AR-15. It just needs a couple of screws added to prevent an easy conversion back to magazine feed. What will be interesting to see will be a belt fed bolt action rifle.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=_UIyKgSUQSM[/video]

Belt fed is illegal in California if the belt contains more than 10 cartridges. Then it would be considered a high capacity magazine. Using a high capacity magazine on a bullet buttoned rifle, or a rifle with a hand grip or any other "evil feature" makes it an assault weapon and a felony. You may not have two (or more) evil features on a semiautomatic rifle, if you have an AR-15 derivative the pistol grip is one, a high capacity magazine is another, a detachable magazine is one, a flash hider, grenade launcher, forward pistol grip, collapsing stock are the others. The bullet button has been adjudged to render the magazine non-detachable because it requires a tool to remove the magazine. Colt sells California compliant models with the bullet button installed and a 9 round magazine (in case there is a round in the chamber the total capacity of the rifle is 10 rounds or less).

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 08/14/12.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Sycamore
I do not read it to apply to non-semiautomatic rifles, do you?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by WranglerJohn
This is incorrect. SB 249 only covers semiautomatic firearms already regulated as assault weapons. Bolt actions, semiautomatics such as the Ruger Mini Thirty and 14 are not covered.

Guys, read this section again and tell me where it distinguishes between semi-auto and bolt...

(1) For the purposes of this section, �detachable magazine� means any ammunition feeding device that can be readily removed from the firearm without disassembly of the firearm action. �Detachable magazine� includes a magazine that may be detached from the firearm by merely depressing a button on the firearm either with the finger or by use of a tool or a bullet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MacLorry

Belt fed is illegal in California if the belt contains more than 10 cartridges. Then it would be considered a high capacity magazine. Using a high capacity magazine on a bullet buttoned rifle, or a rifle with a hand grip or any other "evil feature" makes it an assault weapon and a felony. You may not have two (or more) evil features on a semiautomatic rifle, if you have an AR-15 derivative the pistol grip is one, a high capacity magazine is another, a detachable magazine is one, a flash hider, grenade launcher, forward pistol grip, collapsing stock are the others. The bullet button has been adjudged to render the magazine non-detachable because it requires a tool to remove the magazine. Colt sells California compliant models with the bullet button installed and a 9 round magazine (in case there is a round in the chamber the total capacity of the rifle is 10 rounds or less).

No matter, the Valkyrie Armament conversion is $3600 and the full rifle is $4600. The belt is a modified M27 disintegrating at $35 per 100.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
From everything I have read they changed the bill from assault rifles to just say rifles that have detachable mags.. I could be wrong but there is no mention about assault any thing. this is the liberal sneaky bastered way of getting what they want and next it will be the hand guns because what kills more people rifles or hand guns and then it will be knifes. it will never stop

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Sycamore

Guys, read this section again and tell me where it distinguishes between semi-auto and bolt...

(1) For the purposes of this section, �detachable magazine� means any ammunition feeding device that can be readily removed from the firearm without disassembly of the firearm action. �Detachable magazine� includes a magazine that may be detached from the firearm by merely depressing a button on the firearm either with the finger or by use of a tool or a bullet.

AB249 Amends Section 30515 of the California Penal Code. Section 30515 deals with Assault Weapons or those identified by features, and exempts some models of Olympic target pistols.

Here is a link to the current text of PC Section 30515:

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/30515.html

Here is a link to section 30510 mentioned in Section 30515:

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/30510.html

Be advised that California recently renumbered the Penal Code so you may find references to other section numbers.

While the bill is being amended continually, thus far it doesn't apply to firearms not defined in law as an Assault Weapon, because that is what Section 30515 refers to.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 08/14/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sycamore

Here's where, is my guess

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by funshooter
" ... this is the liberal sneaky bastered way of getting what they want and next it will be the hand guns because what kills more people rifles or hand guns and then it will be knifes. it will never stop"

You're 100% correct. The communistnazis never, ever, disengage.

Inch by inch by inch by inch by inch ..........................

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My Remington 788 bolt, in .308 Win, has a detachable magazine that is released with a button. It will be banned.

[Linked Image]

That's not how I read it.
It says any firearm that has a detachable magazine.
That would be the new Ruger American
all 10/22's
and other bolt actions that have a "box" magazine.

Just another push to abolish legal guns.
And make all citizens criminals.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 1minute, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 63 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,434
Posts18,470,811
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.